WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   NBA Thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800355)

sidekicknicholas 10-31-2013 6:17 AM

NBA Thread

I am EXCITED for this year in the NBA!!!!!!

I think will be a huge year for basketball with so many teams being competitive in the East.... I still think the Heat can / will win it all, but it is going to be a lot tougher if everyone stays healthy from Indy.

Made it to the Wolves opener last night with amazing seats.
Got in early to watch warm-ups - Kevin Love
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...04939130_n.jpg

Almost close enough to smell the stink on these guys
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...94647275_n.jpg

sidekicknicholas 10-31-2013 9:46 AM

**** sorry David, please move this to Non-Wake board

My bad!

ATB0713 11-05-2013 8:57 AM

Go Celtics lol

deuce 11-06-2013 7:48 AM

Going to be a LONG YEAR for the young Jazz....but that is okay, building for the future.

83Starsnstripes 11-06-2013 11:14 AM

GO HEAT!! (although not going very well to start)

mjfan23 11-06-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1852067)
GO HEAT!! (although not going very well to start)

Go Heat? Thats sad...

sidekicknicholas 11-06-2013 12:14 PM

Bias here, but the Wolves are looking reaaaally sharp this year. Assuming Love makes it all year, top 5 in the West for sure.

I had great seats to watch the Wolves destroy OKC (they were without Westbrook though)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...19740164_n.jpg

83Starsnstripes 11-06-2013 12:55 PM

I wondered how long it would take till someone started hating on the Heat.
I also wonder who will be getting 2nd place this year, again.

deuce 11-06-2013 1:31 PM

No Heat hate here.... I love watching them play and wouldn't be disappointed to see them win it all again.

mjfan23 11-06-2013 4:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1852095)
I wondered how long it would take till someone started hating on the Heat.
I also wonder who will be getting 2nd place this year, again.

Where a fan of the Heat before LBJ abandoned his hometown because he couldnt hack it to come and form Dream Team 2.0 in order to finally be able to win?

magicr 11-06-2013 5:50 PM

I always knew that Kevin Love was going to be a force in the NBA. I watched him and Kyle Singler fight it out two years in a row for High school state championships in Oregon. He was dominant when he was 18.

83Starsnstripes 11-07-2013 8:46 AM

Quote:

Where a fan of the Heat before LBJ abandoned his hometown because he couldnt hack it to come and form Dream Team 2.0 in order to finally be able to win?
Nope, always been a LBJ fan since day one. I would have left Cleveland too. And so would MJ.
I know that since you are a MJ fan you'll point out that he did it all by himself, but LBJ didn't have a Pippen (most underrated player ever), Rodman (best rebounder ever), Kerr (best 3pt % shooter ever), just to name a few. LBJ had no one and still made it to the finals. So I don't blame him one bit for going to Miami.

sidekicknicholas 11-07-2013 9:14 AM

Quote:

Nope, always been a LBJ fan since day one.
I'm the same way.... I love Lebron because I was too young to apprecaite Jordan's greatness at the time. I honestly didn't know he existed til Space Jam came out.... so Lebron is my generation's "MJ". It was mind blowing to see a "kid" enter the NBA and just dominate from day one.

... I just don't understand how people can hate on the guy, he has been the greatest active player - bar none, he has been a good role model during his pro career, and despite some of the asshat moments ("the decision") he is really gives off a good hard working team player vibe that is easy to like. Leaving for Miami was a no brainer, and the fact that the year before he was on the Cavs they were the worst team in the league, and the year after he left they were the worst team in the league says a LOT about his level of skill. I want nothing more than for him to win an many championships as it takes so that people can actually have the MJ vs. LBJ conversation... having him in the league and keeping his level of greatness is the best thing that has happened to basketball in 20 years.

95sn 11-07-2013 9:44 AM

Hard to hate on LBJ. Unless he is killing your team, which he does to someone every freakin night!

83Starsnstripes 11-07-2013 10:10 AM

I saw MJ in his prime and he's still the greatest but LBJ is on his way.

11-07-2013 11:02 AM

A Miami fan from Seattle?

Sounds kind of like a Dallas fan from VA...;)

11-07-2013 11:08 AM

and yeah, real easy to like when you make comments like this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mKj3Zwcy7ME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mjfan23 11-07-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1852167)
Nope, always been a LBJ fan since day one. I would have left Cleveland too. And so would MJ.
I know that since you are a MJ fan you'll point out that he did it all by himself, but LBJ didn't have a Pippen (most underrated player ever), Rodman (best rebounder ever), Kerr (best 3pt % shooter ever), just to name a few. LBJ had no one and still made it to the finals. So I don't blame him one bit for going to Miami.

Sit down because im about to shred this post apart.

1. Scottie Pippen is one of the most overrated players in NBA history... Post Jordan Pippen got a big contract and did what exactly?? Lost alot of games.

2. Rodman best rebounded ever? Uhh ever heard of Wilt Chamberlin and Bill Russel both who AVERAGED like 23 rebounds a game... O by the way Rodman averaged like 11.

3. Steve Kerr may have the highest three point percent ever, but the fact of the matter is he didnt shoot all that many.. He made like 750 threes in his nba career... Your boy over there in Miami, Ray Allen, has made something like 2700 threes.

LBJ is the classic player who couldnt win it all by himself... He threw his hometown under the bus and ran to be saved by dwade.

mjfan23 11-07-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes (Post 1852183)
I saw MJ in his prime and he's still the greatest but LBJ is on his way.

Not even close... LBJ has a long way to get in the realm of Kobe Bryant let alone Jordan.

83Starsnstripes 11-07-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

1. Scottie Pippen is one of the most overrated players in NBA history... Post Jordan Pippen got a big contract and did what exactly?? Lost alot of games.
Michael Jordan retired before the 1993-94 season, and in his absence Pippen emerged from Jordan's shadow. That year, he earned All-Star Game MVP honors and led the Bulls in scoring, assists, and blocks, and was second in the NBA in steals per game, averaging 22.0 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals, and 0.8 blocks per game, while shooting 49.1% from the field and a career-best 32% from the 3-point line. For his efforts, he earned the first of three straight All-NBA First Team selections, and he finished third in MVP voting. The Bulls finished the season with 55 wins, only two fewer than the year before.

Quote:

2. Rodman best rebounded ever? Uhh ever heard of Wilt Chamberlin and Bill Russel both who AVERAGED like 23 rebounds a game... O by the way Rodman averaged like 11.
Maybe not the greatest ever but was from 91-98. Isn't that when MJ got all his rings?

Quote:

3. Steve Kerr may have the highest three point percent ever, but the fact of the matter is he didnt shoot all that many.. He made like 750 threes in his nba career... Your boy over there in Miami, Ray Allen, has made something like 2700 threes.
Ray Allen shot more because he had too. He was the #1 scorer on the Bucks & Sonics. Kerr only took 3's. Kind of like what Ray does now for you know who.

No player can win a championship by themselves. Last I checked basketball is still 5 on 5. I think your shredder is broken.

sidekicknicholas 11-07-2013 1:18 PM

Quote:

No player can win a championship by themselves. Last I checked basketball is still 5 on 5. I think your shredder is broken
This +1000000

83Starsnstripes 11-11-2013 8:54 AM

Heat lose to the C's??? Wow.

sidekicknicholas 11-11-2013 9:32 AM

Quote:

Heat lose to the C's??? Wow.
I'm shocked at how many "good" teams have lost to "bad" teams.... can't tell if the pre-season rankings were trash, or the "good" teams know they don't really need to play until after the all-star break.

95sn 11-12-2013 4:49 PM

Kevin Love should be a Laker within 2 years.
Hurry.

wakemitch 11-12-2013 5:02 PM

This season has started off with some surprises. It has made it really fun to watch. Sad to say that some of those surprises are due to injury though.

I'm so stoked that the Warriors finally have good defense. Even David Lee is improving his defense! Holding teams to under 40% shooting is pretty impressive. But they need to learn how to stop those turnovers. Way too many bad passes.

I'm going to my 3rd game of the season tonight and I cant wait. Roracle!

83Starsnstripes 11-13-2013 11:45 AM

The Lakers need to restock that lineup. Kevin Love would be a nice start. I bet he can't wait to get out of Minnesota.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-los-angeles

The Jalen Rose video is good stuff. If you are not watching/reading Grantland for basketball, please do. Great stuff.

sidekicknicholas 11-13-2013 1:02 PM

Quote:

Kevin Love should be a Laker within 2 years.
I don't know... Love is a God here in MN and I think they're doing any/everything they can to get him paid (more than he already is) and put a solid team around him.

....Love seems like a super cool guy and I hope he stays in MN, but a guy with this talent will have a lot of people knocking at the door.

95sn 11-14-2013 10:34 AM

Eric, FYI, Lamont shreaded you up there.
Love will be a BIGGER GOD in LA. Thank you for that link, wheels are already turning. No problem bringing Rubio too, we got plenty of room and cap space.
Two things I dig about the Warriors, David Lee and Clay Thompson. ok, three. Steph Curry.
Lakers may win 30 games this season so stuff like this is all we have this season.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/nba-...y-dunk/page/5/

83Starsnstripes 11-14-2013 11:24 AM

Damn son!! Sick dunk.

Clay & Curry are fun to watch when they are bombing from deep. I'm also a huge Mark Jackson fan. Hope they do well in the West this year.
Looks like the Clips took care of OKC last night.

95sn 11-14-2013 4:20 PM

check that, 4 things, maybe I should move north. Mark Jackson too. Hand down man down...Mama, there goes that man!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvwCn7DwDY

83Starsnstripes 11-15-2013 8:57 AM

Warriors/OKC looked like a great game last night. Glad they sent OKC home with a loss.

95sn 11-15-2013 10:20 AM

Killer game! Westbrooks 3 was a huge blow but Warriors AI responded. Great game to watch.
Now that im not such a closet Warrior fan, more to like...
Jerry West helping out upstairs, Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes 2 second year guys with nba talent for years to come, Andre Iguodala, A killer arena to play in (loud). The more i watch Clay Thompson the more he reminds me of Jerry West. Scores, plays excellent defense, rebounds, no fear. Ok, I need Clay and KLove to the Lakers.

83Starsnstripes 11-15-2013 12:51 PM

Westbrook is a stud but I think OKC still needs a third guy that can give them a consistent 15 points per game. Why they let Harden go I'll never understand.

sidekicknicholas 11-15-2013 1:59 PM

Quote:

Why they let Harden go I'll never understand.
It was crushing to their team.... then to have Kevin Martin head to the Wolves, he is averaging almost 25 per game this year (although doesn't share as much as he would have in OKC).

I think OKC's biggest problem is Westbrook.... while he is a crazy fast fun player to watch, he monopolizes the ball so much that between him and KD, there is no room for anyone else to take shots. If they shopped him for a true PG and a solid big man I think that would do much more for the team.

Dmac420sj 11-16-2013 2:57 PM

Warriors!!

95sn 11-18-2013 10:59 AM

Isnt Perkins a solid bigman? Hasnt been too productive at OKC but still provides some rim protection. If Westbrook isnt driving and shooting he isnt as effective. Jeremy Lamb is no Kevin Martin, OKC second unit could use some help.
Lakers V. Warriors friday night with lakers on a win streak of one.

deuce 11-18-2013 2:07 PM

Jazz are terrible.... I think a lot of this is due to having no PG....when you have to start John Lucas III at the point, you are not going to win a lot of games.

Need to get Trey Burke back(healthy) and playing starters minutes. Not that I want a rookie at the point with all these kids, either.....but at least that is the future, so time to get out there and learn.

95sn 11-21-2013 1:25 PM

why did the jazz lose Milsap, Al Jefferson, Devon Harris...seemed they were better last year.

deuce 11-22-2013 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95sn (Post 1853617)
why did the jazz lose Milsap, Al Jefferson, Devon Harris...seemed they were better last year.

They were better last year, but just fighting for a playoff spot. I think the Jazz front office is trying to build a championship team, not be competitive for the 7-8 spot. They knew this year was going to be difficult, said it outright.

The Jazz are going to build around Favors, Kanter & Hayward. But because they had Millsap and Jefferson in the post, it kept the minutes of Favors and Kanter at a minimum, plus a lot of $$$ tied up in 4 starters, two who were sitting on the bench. It was time for Kanter to get big minutes and figure out if he is worth a big second contract. They locked up Favors in the Summer.

The Jazz really have a ton of talent, it is just REALLY young. They drafted who many thought was the best PG in the draft(played his first game Wednesday due to a finger break in the pre-season) to run the team.

Jeremy Evans and Alec Burks are both going to be good role players. If the Jazz can keep this team together for 2-4 years, including what appears to be a high draft pick this year, they will be great.....

Add to this, they are going to have a TON OF CASH this offseason to throw around if they want.

I support what they are doing, I am just surprised at how bad they are. Some of that is lack of depth. But everyone knew they were lottery bound this year, no question about it.

95sn 11-22-2013 10:34 AM

Thanks for the Jazz update.
Anyone else notice the wierd coach firings at the end of last year? ie...Memphis firing Hollins after the teams best year ever, Clips firing Vinnie DelNegro after Clips best year, and Nuggets firing the "coach of the year" veteran George Karl after having a franchise record season. Or the hirings...Nets choose JKidd? I'll throw in LA hiring Mike DAntoni too.

sidekicknicholas 11-22-2013 10:55 AM

The Nets are the oddest team to me... Kidd is playing like he has a team of 22 year olds, not guys on their way out.

... I was so pumped for tonight's game Wolves v. Nets, but honestly its going to be a turd of a game to watch... Wolves are going to run the Nets tired by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Oh well, they better win and snap their **** streak here....

HOWWWL!

83Starsnstripes 11-22-2013 11:01 AM

Hiring JKidd was to sell tickets, same with bringing in KG and PP. It's early but the Nets look bad.

deuce 11-22-2013 11:22 AM

I wonder if the Jazz will make a run at George Karl this offseason. The Jazz change coaches like Cameroon changes leadership, but not extending Ty Corbin over the Summer(his contract is up after this year) and knowing that this years team is going to win 25ish games(maybe not even that now)....where were they going?

95sn 11-22-2013 1:11 PM

^^They should, Jazz is a young running team and thats what Karl does best.
Concur, Nets look old and slo.
I got Lakers V. Warriors tonight, which should be a fun watch. Media says to expect Kobe Bryant back by early Dec...not that it will make a whole lot of difference on this team.

mjfan23 11-24-2013 12:10 PM

Rose likely out 4-6 months with torn Meniscus.

I have a feeling that Rose's career is just going to fizzle out..

Tom Thibodeaue is a fantastic coach.. such a shame he cant get a superstar around him.

sidekicknicholas 11-25-2013 7:14 AM

Quote:

I have a feeling that Rose's career is just going to fizzle out..
Agreed.... I've never been a huge fan or understood how his being on the court would sway Vegas so much... he is a good player and all, but if he is guarded by someone at all bigger he is shut down (see when LBJ was in him during that playoff run).

.... I could also see him "fizzle out" and then some team rolling the dice on him for next to nothing in a few years (Greg Oden and Heat currently) and then he blows up then, his second chance.

83Starsnstripes 11-25-2013 8:39 AM

Looks like Rose is done for the year. Too bad. I was hoping for some good Bull/Heat battles in the playoffs. Bet the Bulls wish they had Nate Robinson back.

95sn 11-29-2013 4:16 PM

Even the Lakers beat the Nets. No way JKidd is coaching at the end of the season when Lionel Hollins and George Karl...are unemployed. Anyone see the old oops dropped my coke trick Kidd pulled? Out of timeouts? no problem.

deuce 12-03-2013 7:37 AM

I thought the "Drop the Coke" thing was pretty ingenious.

Jazz won their second straight for the first time this year, taking out the Rockets last night. Trey Burke looks like the real deal. The Jazz are a different team with that kid on the floor.

deuce 12-03-2013 7:40 AM

^^^ Though I agree, I don't think that Kidd is still coaching by the end of the season.... I don't think the owner has the patients and know the team is not built to develop, it's a win now team and they are failing miserably.

95sn 12-03-2013 1:22 PM

Agree completely, the Russian dude isnt used to waiting around to get what he payed for.

The Eastern Confrence absolutely sucks.
http://espn.go.com/nba/standings
All that off season talk...especially out of NY...8 wins COMBINED for Knicks and Nets, embarassing. Pierce out now and Garnett is a shell of the player he once was. Miami and Indiana are the real deal, Chicago no more since Rose exited, again. Must be many many disappointed Bulls fans.
Lakers are just about out of point guards, Farmar out for a month, hamstring. Nash still ailing...Steve Blake for 48 mins...Team still wont tank for the lottery.

83Starsnstripes 12-04-2013 9:14 AM

Heat get killed by Detroit at home. No D-wade but they didn't look good. Josh Smith had an awesome dunk over Bosh. I love seeing Bosh get dunked on, and I'm a Heat fan (well more of a LBJ fan).
B Jennings had a big 3 late and stripped LBJ to finish it off. If Detroit gets rolling they could be the 3rd best team in the East. I like their line up.
As for the Heat, no big deal, this will motivate them to rattle off another 10 win streak.

Even though the Pacers lost to Portland they still looked good. That Pacer/Heat playoff is going to be awesome!!

deuce 12-04-2013 12:00 PM

The guy with solid coaching experience, one who was brought in to be someone who could help Jason Kidd out as he learns how to be a head coach(at any level).....relieved of all bench and practice duties..... Not a bad gig, film room guy for 1M a year for the next 6....

95sn 12-04-2013 3:25 PM

"If Detroit gets rolling they could be the 3rd best team in the East"

And the lakers already beat them twice (home and away) and are like 11th in the west...East is really bad.
Yeah, Pacers v. Heat if anything like last year, Great series.

95sn 12-04-2013 5:24 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...lawrence-frank

Now I see what you were talkin about EJ

83Starsnstripes 12-05-2013 9:14 AM

Good write up on LBJ.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...volved-offense

I can't believe I'm typing this but I'm going to be rooting for Kobe a little this year. Can't believe he's almost back.

deuce 12-11-2013 8:14 AM

I never thought I'd say it, but I think the Jazz are actually dumping like the Spurs did back to get Duncan..... I don't like it.... They held out Favors, who has been a monster as of late, with a bad back.... When he was being ask about it, he was vague and seemed almost confused, looking at the Jazz PR guy when ask by a reporter, to pinpoint when he injured it.

Who knows, I may be reading more into this than there is, but it is starting to feel dirty & I don't like it. There is no Duncan out there....but it seems apparent that the Jazz don't want to be picking 8-10.....

wakemitch 12-12-2013 7:48 PM

E.J., before the season even started you could tell the Jazz were tanking this season. Why else would they take on Beidrins and Jefferson for WAAAY too much money (as a warriors fan Im stoked). They want to get a lottery pick and have as much space as possible. They wanted to have as many expiring contracts as possible, so they can pick up free agents next season and totally rebuild.
Also, most analysts are saying this could be one of the best drafts in a long long time.

It does have to suck as a fan to watch your team tank. Hopefully it works out for them though so you guys dont have to put up with this for a couple seasons.

deuce 12-13-2013 7:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakemitch (Post 1855606)
E.J., before the season even started you could tell the Jazz were tanking this season. Why else would they take on Beidrins and Jefferson for WAAAY too much money (as a warriors fan Im stoked). They want to get a lottery pick and have as much space as possible. They wanted to have as many expiring contracts as possible, so they can pick up free agents next season and totally rebuild.
Also, most analysts are saying this could be one of the best drafts in a long long time.

It does have to suck as a fan to watch your team tank. Hopefully it works out for them though so you guys dont have to put up with this for a couple seasons.

HUGE difference in tanking and rebuilding......

Everyone here knew the season would be long and that the roster was not in place to make the playoffs. The Jazz are young and have a lot of talent, with zero depth. The plan was to give the kids a ton of minutes and let them learn on the fly, add through the draft and the huge amount of cap space they will have at the end of the season.... The plan is set & management has expressed it verbally. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

When it appears you go as far as holding out players on your roster to tank, that takes it to another level & feels dirty to me.

Hell, I don't want wins....I want the kids to compete like Hell, but just not have the horses to come through at the end..... Wins = lower draft pick and it would be wise to get in the top 3-4 of this draft. That said, I don't want to shave points....

83Starsnstripes 12-13-2013 8:43 AM

Anyone catch that Warrior/Curry comeback against the Mavs? When Curry is on he's lights out. Got to be frustrating to know that Curry is going to shoot and there is nothing you can do about it. Reminds me of Reggie Miller back in the day.

sidekicknicholas 12-13-2013 8:46 AM

Fun fact -

Kevin Love has 5 games this year with - +25 pts, +15 reb, +5 assists ..... not a single other player has put up those numbers once this year.

wakemitch 12-14-2013 10:35 AM

The warriors really need to stop getting so far behind. Im on the edge of my seat the whole 4th lately.
They need Andre Iguodala back soon.

95sn 12-17-2013 3:12 PM

"Kevin Love has 5 games this year with - +25 pts, +15 reb, +5 assists ..... not a single other player has put up those numbers once this year"

cant wait for him to become a Laker.
Lakers without #1PG, #2PG, #3PG playing Kobe at point and its not pretty. About 7 TO's per game.
Lakers dont need to tank to become Lotto worthy. I dont think the Laker organization would ever do it. It is unscrupulous for GM's to tank and I agree with EJ it stinks. If you are my GM and that is your plan...im firing you. Even the team with the worst record in the league has only a 25% chance at the top pick. Yeah this years draft is deeper so i guess its ok to shave points anyway you like.

sidekicknicholas 12-18-2013 2:29 PM

Quote:

cant wait for him to become a Laker.
Shush.

95sn 12-18-2013 3:22 PM

sorry, never good with secrets.
Eastern Confrence Final preview tonight. Heat and Pacers. Hope it gets physical early:)

deuce 12-19-2013 7:02 AM

Trey Burke = real deal....this kid continues to wow me.

83Starsnstripes 12-19-2013 9:18 AM

Heat over Pacers!! LBJ and company take care of business, but barely. That series is going to be great. Anyone see that clutch 3 from Allen? How do you defend that? Stop LBJ from driving or stay with Allen?? The Heat have to be the toughest team to defend in transition. It was also nice to see LBJ be real for once and snap at Chalmers on the bench. I guess he's not a robot after all.

95sn 12-19-2013 11:37 AM

Pacers are a really good TEAM, LBJ is the best player on the planet. Best player trumps best team...in December. Wasnt that the first shot Allen hit all night? I think the Heat is beatable especially by a team like Indiana.
In case ya'll missed it... Kevin Love was 29, 15 and 9 last night against RIPCITY. All good teams will have an off night but good to see Love dominate vs. a good team like that.

sidekicknicholas 12-19-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Kevin Love was 29, 15 and 9 last night against RIPCITY.
Last night was a great game! I had pretty good seats too (my ticket rep went to high school with me so helps me out a ton). Was upset I couldn't watch the Heat game though.

Love is insane, watching him shoot is a thing of beauty.... I usually get to games early to sit courtside for warmups and Love will seriously circle the 3 point arc and back without missing.

sidekicknicholas 12-19-2013 12:48 PM

My 2013-2014 Wolves team ball showed up the other day too!
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui...&sz=w1500-h605

95sn 12-19-2013 1:21 PM

Hot off the wire...Kobe Bryant, fractured left knee, same leg with the repaied achilles. Out at least 6 weeks.
So Lakerfan, No starting point guard, no 2nd string, no third string and now Kobe who was playing point is out. Whats next? Management is going to have to go pilfer from another team...or toss this season.
Does Love warm up in Laker gear;?;)

sidekicknicholas 12-19-2013 4:32 PM

Quote:

Does Love warm up in Laker gear;?
Maybe the next throwback night....
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos...ay4cbulnpn.gif

deuce 12-19-2013 5:04 PM

Well played, Nick....well played.

95sn 12-20-2013 4:00 PM

Concur, very nice.

wakemitch 12-30-2013 3:53 PM

I enjoy watching the Wolves play. But Ricky Rubio really needs to learn how to shoot. He is a great ball handler, but if he cant score the team needs to look for another point guard. Also, I think Kevin Love is a bit overrated. He gets great stats, but his lack of defense is hurting the team. If those two guys fix those issues I think the Wolves could be a serious threat.

In regards to the Warriors: I couldnt be more stoked for this road trip. It's really going to help them in the standings. Hopefully they can use this easier stretch (besides Miami) to work on limiting turnovers and fouls, as well as getting Nedovic more comfortable in the NBA. The bench is looking better these last few games, but they get sloppy.

sidekicknicholas 12-30-2013 9:14 PM

Wolves got pretty f**ked tonight on the no-call to end the game. Love got smacked, I could hear it from the 12th row.
.... I've never heard the TC so loud, the boo's were insane.

deuce 01-03-2014 6:32 AM

Jazz on a roll and it appears that my comments above were premature. They are still going to struggle all season, it very much appears that they are going to put all the talent on the floor they can and play hard, compete....win or lose. I can respect that. Have now won like 4 of 5 and 6 of 8 or something like that....

I still would prefer they end up with a top 3 draft pick, I don't want them playing not to win.... GO JAZZ!

sidekicknicholas 01-04-2014 11:55 AM

Wolves are a favorite tonight against OKC.... surprises me a bit, I know Westbrook is still out, but still odd to me.

HOWWWWWL!

deuce 01-08-2014 10:12 AM

Holy UTAH JAZZ! They have won 4 straight at home and are 11 wins -12 losses with Trey Burke in the starting lineup(which he has been since healthy/playing).

Hayward played GREAT last night, he made himself a little more money with that showing.

95sn 01-08-2014 3:03 PM

I like watching Hayward play, he is the playmaker as much or more than burke.
Warriors HOT on the road 6 straight.
Lakers dressed 8 last night and got torched by Dirk/Monte and crew. Low times for Lakers right now. We are STARTING and giving big minutes to guys that were picked last in the draft. Dead last.
How about that Andrew Bynum?
And this...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...vericks-010814