WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Best Way to Check Credit Score (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785819)

polarbill 02-07-2011 10:11 AM

Best Way to Check Credit Score

What websites are the best or is there another way to check your credit score where they don't ding it too bad or try and charge you a bunch of money every month to monitor it?

Riteride 02-07-2011 10:29 AM

If you have a friend that works at a bank have them run it for you. The are not supposed to give you the report but thats what friends are for.

epic1 02-07-2011 12:07 PM

you can get one free credit report a year from the govt. Google it, its a .gov site I think. Its real free.

acurtis_ttu 02-16-2011 7:09 AM

^^^^ the free site wont' show u the score, just what's on the report. the best way I have found...is sign up for a free trial with one fo the sites...check your score, then cancel.

psudy 02-16-2011 7:50 AM

If you check it yourself, it won't ding your score. If you have a bank run it, it could. Plus, you will have to fill out an application in order for them to run it.

snwmot 02-16-2011 8:50 AM

car dealership

jason_b 02-16-2011 11:19 AM

Save your money on those credit monitoring sites. They give you an ESTIMATE only and not the true credit score. Mine was off by almost FIFTY points!!! That's a lot! I felt like a total d-bag going into a bank saying my score is XXX (excellent) and then they show me the score they pulled that was "good." I got denied for a mortgage when I thought I was doing well w/ my score.

hatepain 02-16-2011 12:06 PM

Jason, the bank may have used a different bureau than the one you used. For instance you can be checking your Experian and they are looking at Trans Union or Equifax score which can swing quite a bit. I've seen them with 100 point differences because not all lenders report to all three.

acurtis_ttu 02-16-2011 12:45 PM

^^^^ agreed; I just bought anothr truck last week, my three scores were diff between my high/low score was almost 75 points.

psudy 02-16-2011 12:59 PM

Jason may have a point. I have had customers tell me they just looked at theirs online(before I pulled it) and it was XXX. I have then pulled a merged credit and none of the scores matched what they said. Usually I just figure they are full of ****, but I knew this couple, they are older and they started grilling me about how it could be different. Go figure.

jason_b 02-17-2011 7:46 AM

No, I got the scores from the bank with the bureau listed. They used 2 because the first one they pulled was low after I had told her my credit was excellent. It was apples to apples---they were just very wrong.

hatepain 02-17-2011 12:38 PM

Did you go directly to the websites for the bureau? i.e www.experian.com or www.equifax.com It seems really odd to me that those would be different from what a lending source might pull.