WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video and Photography (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87667)
-   -   Stereo HELP! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308829)

03-19-2006 10:48 PM

I am adding an amp to my stock lsv stereo. I also just bought 4 tower speakers. What is the best way to wire all 6 speakers in the boat and also wire 4 tower speakers. The object is to be able to fade more sound to the tower without killing everyone in the boat wth loud music. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

bigdad 03-20-2006 7:36 AM

You need two amps. Buy one four channel amp and wire the six speakers in the boat to that. Use the front channel rcas to that amp. Buy a second amp (2 channel) and wire the tower speakers. Use the rear channel rcas for that amp. Use the fader to control the volume.

jbwaken 03-20-2006 9:50 AM

OR you can just buy an EQ....

03-22-2006 9:12 PM

Cool, also to my sub I have an amp. So a total of three amps should do it. NOW, how well will an Optima Blue top handle all the power or should I install 2 batteries?

jbwaken 03-23-2006 12:12 PM

Ryan, i recommend a second batt. with perko switch with any set up. Expecially pushing 3-amps....the last thing you want is to be blasting on the water inbetween sets and not have enough batt. to crank over.....

taft 07-04-2006 6:08 PM

I have a similar setup with my boat, but I'm running everything off of two amps - 4 tower, 6 inside and 1 sub. Im having problems with hearing the tower speakers when Im riding, so Im going to check out how they were setup and see if I can do it like you guys say. But will I run into problems because I only have two amps? And which Amp should I be running the sub off of? <BR> <BR>Thanks for any help

ldebbold 07-12-2006 11:07 AM

Hey Ryan, I've got an 05 23' LSV with the stock sony Xplod set-up. Six coax speakers, a head unit without skip protection (weird) and the 6040 sony Xplod amp. That system was okay, a bit harsh on the ears, but pretty good for out of the factory. I recent bought four tower speakers (Kicker KS65s) and, (long story short) ended up disconnecting all the boat speakers to run the kickers off the four channel sony amp. It is loud enough to hear riding but it distorts at higher volume which bugs me and I suspect is from clipping from the amp. I've got two batteries and the volt meter stays above 13 at least when the boat is running. I've been told the alternator can be an issue, but I'm not running a sub and the boat stock alternator is 90amps so probably still okay. <BR> <BR>If I want to add a second amp, use the first amp to run the boat speakers like before i did anything and power the tower with the new amp don't I have to get a Y adaptor on the RCA outs from the head unit to use both front and rear of each of the two amps? Since the stock head unit has 2 volt output it might be okay, but does splitting the signal like that degrade the sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated.