WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Which board to get? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778431)

David126 04-11-2010 11:00 AM

Which board to get?

I am looking a buying a new board for this season. I have narrowed my decision to either a LF Watson, Ronix One, or Ronix Ibex. All of these are 2009 models. Im about 5'8 and 140 lbs. Right now im riding a Hyperlite State 130. Any suggestions on which of these i should get? I dont have a place around me to demo them so thats out of the question. Also if anyone has some bindings that would look good on these boards let me know. I wear a size 10ish

canadian_waterboy 04-11-2010 7:39 PM

Watson for sure. If you get the 2009 limited (red and white) it'd look sick with the 09 cell bindings. Or you could go with the standard 09 black watson, and put it with the 09 ronix one boots. Regardless which board you get, go for ronix bindings (effing amazing)

dizzyj 04-11-2010 9:23 PM

how about a bit more info. your coming from an old board. what do you like about it? what do you not like about it? what features of the new boards do you thihnk you will like? what qualities of a board do you think would improve your riding?

David126 04-12-2010 5:27 AM

Im not that advanced to know all the different qualities but here it goes. I like that it is pretty forgiving. I think it is time to get a new board because i out grew this one. I think a newer board will help ion a lot of ways.

petrey10 04-12-2010 11:21 AM

I would go Ronix one...

dizzyj 04-12-2010 12:31 PM

then get the cheapest one, or the one that looks the coolest to you. all are good boards

David126 04-17-2010 8:06 AM

anyone else have opinions?

benjaminp 04-17-2010 11:00 AM

If you ride behind a boat with a big wake, I would steer clear of the 09 Ibex. It has a pretty aggressive rocker and took me a little while to get used to behind a slammed VLX. The One's rocker is a little more mellow, so it wont buck you quite as hard off the wake. I also find my Ibex to be a little more locked in than I would like with the 1" fins. I dont have any experience on the One or the Watson.

bogartsomeday 04-18-2010 11:54 AM

I havent ever ridden any ronix boards unfortunately but my watson is pretty forgiving without the center fin which is the way I ride it. All 3 of those boards have a pretty pronounced 3-stage rocker so once you get use to any of them you'll have no problem finding the "buck" of the wake which i also like lol. Idk, i agree with dizzy. Since you dont really know the qualities you like in a board yet i would just take the ibex out of the question cause ive heard from a few people its pretty "finicky" (spelling?) cause its super wide and has a VERY aggressive rocker on it. With your size i'd suggest a 136 if you can find a board you like in that size. You could prob be safe on a 138. Idk man, its tough to help you dwindle down your options since you dont really know what you want in your board.

David126 04-19-2010 8:30 PM

thanks codi. Does anyone know of any website that have a good deal on any higher end boards? or does anybody have one for sale?

Kolola_Bear 04-20-2010 7:42 AM

Hey David, i ride the state also to begin with. I know its not what you were looking for but i talked to a guy at my local pro shop and he said to take a look at the Ronix Bill. It pops high, kind of quick, and easy on the knees like the state. I havent ridden it yet but i hope to pretty soon.

tampawake 04-20-2010 2:05 PM

I have owned an 08 ONE an 09 IBEX and now on a 2010 watson hybrid. The Ibex of them all had the biggest pop and major pronounced 3 stage rocker. However, the landings were a bit brutal. Sold it to my buddy and he loves it. I would say out of the three its the hardest to ride and get use to. I never really liked the ONE but TONS of people love that board and how can you go wrong with Harf. If it were me at your level I would look at the watson and One. I have never ridden his old pro board but on the new hybrid and like it. Also I would stir clear of the 08 cells had a pair and HATED them. Heard 09s were better. I ride the watson ltd and love how soft and comfy they are. Not as stiff as the cells either. Good luck man. OH yeah I am an upper level beg to low level int rider.

cheesydog 04-21-2010 12:18 AM

tampawake how u liking that watson hybrid? Just got mine yesterday and LOVING it he he

David, in my opinion as others have said steer away from the Ibex. The one personally im not a big fan of either but it will work. For your level I reckon you would love the watson, very easy board to ride and goes as soft or hard as you need it to. The new hybrid shape is even better i think.

Other shapes to consider, the S4 is a wicked board, edges hard as anything but still breaks free and release easy. Landings pretty soft as well.

If you want to save some cash grab any of the LF Trips, thats a classic shape, awesome to learn and progress on and u can get it cheap.