WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Snowboarding (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11975)
-   -   Best Backpack (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776512)

pucktowake 02-23-2010 6:11 PM

I want a new back park. Looking for something that I could carry my snowboard or a skateboard. I will also use it for school. I was looking at the Dakine Heli pro and other variations of the pack. I was also looking at the Burton Riders pack. Does anyone have any experience with these?

wtrgrl 02-24-2010 12:28 PM

I have an older Dakine Heli Pro. Its been used for anything from dirt biking, camping, snowboarding, skateboarding and as a suitcase. It works ok for holding my snowboard but even better with my skateboard (i think its cause the snowboard feels awkward on my back). The only negative I can think of is the end of the straps are sort of long once tightened down and no place to tuck them out of the way (may be different on a newer version)

behindtheboat 02-24-2010 1:05 PM

One thought is if you're doing any snowmobiling with your snowboard you want a pack that will carry both horizontal and vertical

jonblarc7 02-25-2010 5:37 AM

I have a small Burton, I'm not sure which one I'll go home and look. I love it you can remove the waist belt and pad. So when I'm using it to travel it dosen't get in the way. The padding is great you can't even tell its there when your snow boarding. It also has a camel pack with clip on the shoulder strap for the tube. <BR> <BR>One more thing I fit a small laptop in it last time I went to china. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by jonblarc7 on February 25, 2010)

benbuchholz 02-25-2010 7:58 AM

John, check out the Dakine Mission backpack. I just got it about month ago and love it. it's got the two board carry straps for my snowboard (havent tried a skateboard in it as i dont do that, but it would definitely hold one). and its got four or five side pouches, a padded laptop sleeve, and two or three other padded pockets. I use the backpack for school, as well as put all my camera stuff in for filming out on the slopes, and it works awesome. (board carry straps even hold a tripod quite nicely!) haha. Hope the advice helped. I'd definitely say go with Dakine, no matter what model you get. <BR> <BR>Oh and its got a heavily padded goggle pocket which is really nice. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by benbuchholz on February 25, 2010)

jaegermaster 02-25-2010 6:36 PM

X2 Dakine Mission. I also have a North Face Flight that is a great riding (non back country) pack. (100 oz. Bladder pocket, Mp3 access, light weight and good straps.

ilikebeaverandboats 05-10-2010 11:09 PM

Dakine heli pro. Only pack you need. I have had mine for about 5 years and am just now seeing the wear and tear. Definitely go with the Heli pro. I cut the stitching on the waist strap so its removable for using it at school. You will absolutely love it

06-02-2010 4:45 PM

The best backpack on the market is one made by "Mystery Ranch".

The Naya Nuki would probably fit your needs. I have eight different Mystery Ranch packs and they will hold up... they are made by the same person behind the old Dana Designs brand...

denverlove 07-11-2010 9:26 AM

I have the Burton Day Hiker... and I HATE it. It looks cool... but it's really small inside. Definitely not helpful if you have a lot of stuff. Only upside is it has a special spot for a laptop.