WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 10, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=500944)
-   -   SUPRA 21V (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498017)

gharvin 09-06-2007 5:21 AM

Boy oh boy, i am trying to sell my 06 21v which is a great boat by the way. and everyday i look at the classifieds on here there is a flood of 21v's i wonder why? whatta ya think? i have mine priced at 40k i am thinking i might not even get that.

gmarkham1 09-06-2007 5:32 AM

I think the 06 and less supra market is a bit flooded right now, because so many people saw the improvement with smart plate technology w/integrated perfect pass... worth upgrading boats in my opinion. I had an 06 and it went for right around 40 back in december of last year with 150 hours on it!

wakereviews 09-06-2007 5:55 AM

the market is flooded right now with a lot of models. The amount of boats that are getting posted for sale on my site right now is up big time compared to a month ago.

showtime 09-06-2007 6:14 AM

Gary, I have noticed the exact same thing... I'm in the market for an 05-07 Supra.. And having a difficult time finding the right boat.. Several 21v's out there, not many 22's..

ripr 09-06-2007 6:17 AM

Alot of people think they can flip boats every year and make money. So, they throw it online to test the waters. It's simply not a good investment. <BR> <BR>There are some deals from Promo or dealer sponsored riders/drivers that can be had. <BR> <BR>But, I agree, the used wakeboard boat market is getting flooded.

gharvin 09-06-2007 6:24 AM

josh, <BR>you know mine is right down the road in ga. come pick it up, it's ready to go.

gharvin 09-06-2007 6:32 AM

Naw, <BR>We did not want to flip this boat, we intended to keep it. orderd it loaded out, and actually chose this one over the moomba lsv, for quality and resale. quality is there. we bought a cc 211te to slalom more behind and have it on the lift now.

tyler97217 09-06-2007 6:37 AM

Yeah i agree with a few things said on here.... Coming from someone that has sold 2 21v's in the last 2 years. Here are my thoughts <BR>-Lots of new technology came out in 07 for Supra, people want it <BR>-Many people wanted to make the jump to the new hull 22ssv and judging by sales they did <BR>-Supra prices have been climbing drastically so people are not losing money, or are minimizing their loss on their old purchase when they are ready to sell <BR>-True fact is it is about the worst time of year to try and sell a boat so you will notice things sit up on the market... <BR> <BR>I have always had my best luck selling right around the boat show when people get sticker shock from the new models each year... I sold my 06' and 05' models for much much more than you are asking... hang tight for the right time of year and it will sell... the 21v has a very solid reputation...

showtime 09-06-2007 6:44 AM

gary -- got your e-mail -- <BR>hit me up w/ a few more detailed pics.. <BR> <BR>naw -- depending, we may still be interested in yours -- haven't gotten back w/ you yet.. honestly been testing the waters and riding behind different boats... out of all the 21v schemes though -- love your colors the best...

09-06-2007 2:21 PM

Sold my 2006 21v after having it listed for only 2 days last week. Part of it's location but the other part is sale price and does the person trust you and so forth. I admit I didn't get quite what I was asking for but it was around 40k. Problem is NADA is low on the Supra, under 38k. 2006 boat show price for the boat was what 45-47k so the boat has taken a pretty big hit in a years time. I didn't want to sell mine because I loved it dearly but I'm moving to a place that's 3-4 hours away from a lake so it wasn't worth it for me to keep it. I never had a problem with anything on the boat so I stand by the Supra quality in the 2005 newer models and the South Austin Marine supra dealership here in Texas is top notch. The service a local dealer can provide makes or breaks boats for a lot of people and they often judge the boat as a lemon just cause the dealership may be a lemon. I do admit I'd much rather have some of the newer technology on the 07 or 08 Supra than on my 06 but something new is always going to come out. If I were going to buy another boat it would be a new Supra or maybe even the XLV, that thing is a monster and has tons of room for the price.

wakereviews 09-06-2007 2:32 PM

did you sell it for 40k with all the accessories in your profile pic?

09-06-2007 8:19 PM

yes, I included the entire sound system (wetsounds, ARC Audio amps, etc). I think timing has a lot to do with the sale too. The guy who bought my boat wanted to close by last Friday so he could have the boat for labor day weekend.