WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Totally Awesome upholstry cleaner (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793293)

markj 05-09-2012 9:50 PM

Totally Awesome upholstry cleaner

Okay so based on previous statements and recommendations on this site, I tried this stuff called Totally Awesome. It lives up to it's name. I almost felt like I was cheating by using this stuff. My only concern is that my upholstry is gonna blow up or something. It shouldn't be this easy. Has anyone had any bad experiences with this stuff? I only did a small section and i rinsed with water after using it full strength. Is that the right way? The directions say dilute 10/1 for vinyl but that means you need a ton of elbow grease. I just don't want to find out too late that I should have done something different.

tyler97217 05-10-2012 7:20 AM

I have used it for years and yes it works. Do a search on here and you will find many good reads on it. Many others have used it for years. No problems on boats. I don't dilute it either.... Totally Awesome and a brush. Keep it off the gel coat or it will be oily and streaky.

I did use it ones on a cream door panel of a BMW and it turned it green. It was some weird material and I was able to get the color back with some other cleaners, but it scared the ***** out of me. I use it for vinyl and plastics now typically.

markj 05-10-2012 7:30 AM

Okay thanks.

xstarrider 05-10-2012 8:07 AM

Stuff works magic. Just make sure u use a good protctant/conditioner afterwards and watch the overspread. If you are trying to get a hard spot u can use it undisputed.......however if you are using it as a cleaner on a ref basis I highly recommend diluting it.

jmanolinsky 05-10-2012 9:03 AM

I dilute mine approximately 60% water to 40% TA. It works great!

markj 05-10-2012 9:59 AM

Of course I'm doing this AFTER I waxed it.:banghead: Now I think I'm gonna need to wax it again where the TA got onto the gel coat. This stuff seems to leave a residue that needs to be "washed" with water afterwards.

tyler97217 05-10-2012 10:14 AM

Markj
Just use some windex or your standard exterior detail spray and a microfiber. It will clean right up.

BlitzedVLX 05-10-2012 12:09 PM

This stuff makes cleaning the vinyl really easy but its super harsh on the threads. I immediately rinse the seats with water then let them dry completely. Follow up with a coat 303 protectant and they look like new.

markj 05-11-2012 12:13 AM

Ya after I cleaned the cushions I sprayed them with the hose and let them dry. It's the in boat stuff that I worry about. I took a wet rag and wiped down the in boat stuff after cleaning. Hopefully that's good enough. I'm a little worried about the stitching though.

mnwakerider 05-13-2012 6:58 PM

where did you guys get this stuff?

ixfe 05-13-2012 7:50 PM

Dollar Tree... or any other dollar type store.

Preston 05-14-2012 4:57 AM

My Walmart sells the stuff, too.

zacharoo 05-14-2012 7:32 AM

As an uber fan for Total Awesome I thought I would open up to see if there was an equal or even better vinyl cleaner for my interior. I ordered the Boat Bling Condition sauce because of my faith hope and love for TA and when my order arrived I found a bottle of Vinyl sauce as well. The stuff works totally...err Fantastic! What I liked about it other than its cleaning ablity which was impressive, is that the VS after using it for an extended period did not chewed up l my hands like the TA does after a while.

Applause to Boat Bling for their products!

Thread highjack over

scottb7 07-05-2013 11:40 AM

I can't believe it...But it is true. I just now used full strength. It got out stains and grime I could not get out before even when I used a brush. I did not need to use a brush with totally awesome. I did rinse off after use. And later today - when i get more energy - i will go thru and condition the vinyl. I highly recommend.

Bumpass1 07-05-2013 2:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzedVLX (Post 1750989)
This stuff makes cleaning the vinyl really easy but its super harsh on the threads. I immediately rinse the seats with water then let them dry completely. Follow up with a coat 303 protectant and they look like new.

Do the same thing. Works great. Cheap too.