WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 20, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187030)
-   -   Whats everybodys input on Lake Tulloch? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183453)

hyperliteryder 08-04-2004 6:49 PM

I know Tulloch doesn't have good riding spots, but its an awesome party spot. Whats everybodys input on it? I'm just wondering. My family usually rents lake houses there, and we'd just party, jump off the bridge, wakeboard whaen its nice, try to make the best out of our day, drink, do whatever, its an awesome place.

rypayne 08-04-2004 8:27 PM

there are good spots if you know where to go

whitechocolate 08-04-2004 10:21 PM

I spent the last week there, My in-laws have a place there and I go all the time. IMO I have never seen so many tubers and Jet Ski's in my life than at tullock. I dont think they will let you on the lake with out a tube. We would get on the water late by 9-10 mid week and it was junk by then, But its not much diffrent than any lake, I think the only differance is the Tubers and Jet Skiers are on a mission to F up the only good water there is on that small lake. You want good water "go early" this last week the wind seemed to kick up later eve so the water was choppy. It seems more like a Family lake than a PARTY lake. I think you see alot of people parked and partying because they dont want to ride in the small open water aera's with all the tubers and Jet skier's, The best places to ride (behind the bridge) are all 5-mph and that will cost you $250, I know. I have had the mis-fortune of meating the sherif back there while on plaine. Cha Ching $$$$ Thank you very much. I think its all about when you are up there, and how many other boats are there. The lake is so small (Riding Aera) that 1 or 2 boats can mess up the only good water. Now that Im done Hatin, Hope you have a good time up there its a beautiful place. Ill be up there next week <BR>

dakid 08-04-2004 11:14 PM

great place....if you're goin' during the off-season.

wakeforce139 08-05-2004 8:05 AM

wake up early and you will get glass, surprisingly i found good water in the back (past all the houses) everytime i went back there, but on weekends you can forget good water <BR>like grant said, its more of a family place than a party place, but i think its an awesome place to hang out at

rypayne 08-06-2004 5:22 PM

behind the bridge isn't the best place to ride, you have to go through the five mph area on the other side of all the houses. where the mobile homes are. i guess it would be the, a, north west corner of the lake. i don't know any names of coves or anything. but its there and it seems like the tubers are less willing to drive through the big 5mph section. so its usually good <BR> <BR>(Message edited by rypayne on August 06, 2004)

h20diva 08-07-2004 9:40 AM

How do you go about telling these"FLEAS" as we call them, they're a problem? They continuely follow you and get too close to your boarder. One of these days, they're going to hurt someone, that's what scares me. Many times I've had to drop a boarder because they either cut us off or are way too close. And the Sherriff doesn't even care! By the way, out past Copper Cove, in the "Section 8/Low Income" area where all the shacks are, is great water most of the time. No one really knows about it because it looks like marshlands. we'll be out there on the 13th with our V215. Enjoy and be safe!!! <BR> <BR>(Message edited by H20diva on August 07, 2004)