WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 09, 2003 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74155)
-   -   Out Of Line? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73525)

jacob_morgan 07-06-2003 3:35 PM

Hey, <BR> <BR>I'm fairly new to wakeboarding, and i was out this weekend and had a GREAT time but oen thing happened that i found completely out of line, and quite dangerous. <BR> <BR> <BR>I had been boarding friday, and well i'm not that great to be honest but i enjoy it. I had been working on my toeside and heelside jumps by slowly getting a larger gap.. so naturally i fell from time to time. <BR> <BR>I was out there and i see a nice white with blue boat(not sure on brand..) go by with a tower and wakeboards on it.. i'm like awsome maybe i'll see some good boarding and get some tips.. <BR> <BR>Well I was boarding and i fell, i come up and look behind me to see that boat coming straight at me, I wasn't scared as i saw eye contact between me and the driver. At first I thought he was gonan pull up next to me, give some tip or offer a pull.. ya know be friend... Buttt...Then he swirved around me and the tube he was towing came with in 5' of nailing me. It iddn' really bother me at the time but afterwards it kindly got to me. and I was wondering is this 'normal' or was this guy just Out Of line? <BR> <BR>Besides that my weekend rocked, went boarding friday and saturday. had some terrible falls (hehe) one even took my board off.. (which has never happened .. OuCh) .. And saturday it seems i got a 'minor' concussion or so my parents think.. so my boarding was ended for the weekend. Thanx to this site tho I was able to actually jump, and land. I had a blast. Thanx guys!

bassboy8855 07-06-2003 4:00 PM

Some people are just stupid... I got hit by a jet ski once, broke my arm and leg. So we sued him and got about 70k out of it.

wake_eater 07-06-2003 5:10 PM

yeah, a jetski came about 3 feet from me on the fourth this past weekend. i shoulda known better than try to ride with all the yahoos out &amp; about, but couldnt resist. some people just have no common sense and/or dont know any better. it still sucks though.

jacob_morgan 07-06-2003 5:36 PM

Well, this guy was most likely full aware of what he was doing. this lake is a booze free lake. You can't even have it on the boat. <BR> <BR>If this guys on the boarsd of somewhre the goes to Beaver lake it was friday evening, in a cove over close to the Dam. <BR> <BR>I just don't see why the guy find it funny to try and scare a 16 yr old trying to board, you would think he'd be friendly and offer some advice or a pull or something ya know? <BR> <BR>O well, I just wish i had something to show for how bad i am beat up after this weekend of boarding hehe any other sport i;d have cut sor scrapes if i took teh beating i took this weekend. but NOOO i look physically fine but i can barely walk LOL

bassboy8855 07-06-2003 5:51 PM

hehe, i have $70k to show frome boarding... so what if i have a broken arm and leg... <BR> <BR>Mommy look... i can bend my arm in 4 places now!

lakesideluver 07-06-2003 7:30 PM

wonder if that 70k bought a new xstar

bassboy8855 07-06-2003 8:06 PM

no... gotta save for collage and stuff... damn i hate reality... <BR>

barry 07-06-2003 8:45 PM

I was sitting in the water about 30 feet from the back of the boat putting on my ski(can I say that here?) one time. The handle was in my hand and the rope had tons of slack. All of the sudden I look to my right and saw a jetski coming right at me. Two young kids doing about 30+ went between me and the boat. My first thought was to yank the rope and cloths-line them but I was afraid it would pull my arm off. I jumped in the boat and chased them down, we got next to them and flagged em over to us, they lost control of the ski and almost hit us.. I couldn't see the ski under the bow of my boat, only two heads. I hate those things.. hate them! <BR> <BR>B-