WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 30, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264506)
-   -   kids boards (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261288)

ord27 10-20-2005 3:27 PM

can anyone help me with choosing a board for an 8 and 10 year old girls <BR>HL has the 119 Divine...has butterflies on it <BR> <BR>is 119 the length I should get a newbe <BR>some have said get a longer one <BR> <BR>graphics have to appeal to the girls! <BR>thanks in advance for the help

jim_b 10-20-2005 5:14 PM

I'm interested in the responses you get also. I want a board for my 12 and 10 year old girls, so I can try to get them to learn to ride next season.Being a newb myself I have to see what others recommend

veganx 10-20-2005 5:20 PM

How much do they weigh?

criswb 10-20-2005 5:53 PM

I would recommend the State 125. My boyfriend teaches kids from ages 6-14, and its the perfect board to learn on because it helps them with both the heelside and toeside edge. <BR>I know the graphics arent very appealing.. but its a great board

wakeboarddad01 10-20-2005 5:57 PM

Here is what we started out on when my daughters started wakeboarding. My older one started out on a hyperlite voyager which was a 120 i think at age 10 and my little one was on a hyperlite premier 119. They both rode these boards for about a year and now my oldest who is going to be 15 soon is riding a hyperlite eden 125. She was riding a hyperlite divine 132 but i brought her down to a 125 so she can rotate better doing her roll 2 revert. She likes the eden 125. My 11 year old daughter has been on a hyperlite 124 premier for the last 2 years and loves it. They both have Belmont bindings. We have been pleased with the hyperlite brand and would suggest this to you. Keep in mind that you will be getting different boards as time goes on. We must have 6 boards in the closet that are new from winning tournaments or just getting a good deal on them. The girls graphics are nice on the hyperlite boards too. Hope this helps you out. If you need more info let us know... good luck

mjmurphy53711 10-20-2005 6:33 PM

double up serena anyone? <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.wakecoupons.com" target="_blank">www.wakecoupons.com</a>

partydock17 10-20-2005 7:17 PM

I know its not out yet, but within a month it'll be in the shop. <BR> <BR>The new Gator Boards Lexy 119. <BR> <BR>It is black with the pink GB Butterflys on it. <BR>It really cool looking for a girls board. <BR> <BR> <BR>Danny T. <BR><a href="http://WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM" target="_blank">WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM</a>

ord27 10-20-2005 9:48 PM

hey bird... <BR>my kids weigh about 50 pounds each <BR>and are around 4 feet tall

ord27 10-20-2005 9:53 PM

partydock17... <BR>so you are saying that the 119 length is what they should learn on? <BR>what is the downside to getting 1 between 120 and 125? <BR>not trying to argue, just want to be educated

twakess 10-20-2005 10:06 PM

Cliff, I went with a 05 murry 132 for my nephew. I made it so he rides is with the deep chanels reg to help his cuts then when he is better I will turn it around for him. Its made to ride switch better. So he is riding it in the switch way reg.

jim_b 10-20-2005 10:32 PM

Thanks Mike (wakeboarddad01), very helpful info.

veganx 10-21-2005 1:05 AM

At 50 pounds a 119 Divine will be plenty big (with room to grow). My personal favorite for kids is the Liquid Force Nemesis 118. It has a softer edge which makes it more forgiving. For 2006 they're making a girls version, the Star.

wakelurker 10-21-2005 4:17 AM

Cliff, Jim, Mike... <BR> <BR>y'all are great parents. I would have LOVED it my folks were into wakeboarding and encouraged me. Unfortunately, my pops works like a madman and my mom just chills poolside in the summer and chills indoors in the winter. I am too old for it to make a difference now, but I am begging for Santa Claus (mom and pops) to send me to week at wakeboarding camp!! I really wanna learn some tricks (other than the 1 I know) <BR> They are really supportive; they just don't want me to get hurt (which most likely I will- they know they'll have to get someone to wait on me if/when I get hurt)...I am hella accident prone. <BR> <BR>Basically, I just wanted to commend y'all on spending time w/ your kids and getting them involved in something that y'all are pasionate about. Other than decorating, shopping, reading magazines and chillin poolside, my mom and I no longer share many similar interests. My dad is a pharmicist...we share similar interest...but not in a way he is aware.... kidding!! We watch the occasional baseball game together. <BR> <BR>Anyway, Mad Props.... I love my parents to no end.... but I wish they'd have put me on a wakeboard when I much younger.... They were always like 'ride the innertube or the jetski....just party at the lakehouse' <BR> <BR>Mad Props Y'all!! For Serious (that is my new saying)... I like it much better than 'for real' which is getting to be played out! <BR> <BR>Wow, this post ran much longer than I anticipated... I suppose that is what happens when I am up at 6:15 am!

ord27 10-21-2005 7:25 AM

thanks for all of the great insight! <BR>I really do appreciate it! <BR>Victoria, I'm sorry to hear that you don't have the relationship with your folks that you want. <BR>But, it's never too late....it'll now just take a different form than wakeboarding <BR>besides, maybe your daughter will be on the pro tour one day <BR>thanks again to all...now it's time for Santa to go board shopping ..........later

boofer 10-21-2005 4:14 PM

We bought a 2004 LF Nemesis 118 for our 8 year old daughter. She is average size for her age. The primary color of the board is green. The '05 118's have a truck on them (yuck). But, I managed to buy the 2004 model brand new on line for about $100. More important than the board is the bindings. Find a local shop and take your daughters to try them on. The bindings that I had in mind before having her try some on, she did not like. We ended up getting her the LF Kids Elements. But, taking the time to try them on can save you a lot in the terms of the time listening to your children complain than having to return used bindings and buying more. <BR> <BR>Other than a good set of bindings, just about any smaller sized board will be okay for first-timers. <BR> <BR>Good Luck!

smokedog2 10-21-2005 8:51 PM

Victoria - just ride the tube, or the jetski? My heart bleeds. I cann't get my kids out of the tube. <BR> <BR>None of you know how good youv'e got it, then again - neather do I. <BR> <BR>SD2

magene 10-22-2005 10:29 PM

We used a HL Divine 119 to teach my 8 year old daughter and her pal this summer. It worked great and they both liked the pink/purple/butterfly graphics. My daughter weighs in at a cute 50 lbs and measures out at 4' tall. Her friend is still slim but a little taller and a little heavier. <BR> <BR>My son and all his 10-13 year old buds have been learning on a 139 CWB Sol and every one of them (except one) got up within 5 trys. The one kid who had a little trouble was about 140 lbs and as soon as we put him on my LF Omega 143 he caught on pretty quickly. <BR> <BR>They all loved it and seeing the look of accomplishment on their faces after they got up was worth every penny.

lunker 10-23-2005 8:50 AM

My daughter used a HL 119 when she started at age 6. This year she turned 9 and had outgrown her board. She really waqnted this one board because of the graphics, but it was a 135! reluctantly we got it for her along with some Byerly bindings. I was sure it would be too big. <BR> <BR> <BR>She's riding better than ever afterjust a few times on it. She's finally wakejumping several feet high and going switch. <BR> <BR>I think small boards are fine to learn to get up and ride, but they outgrow them fast. She should be on a 124-125 by the charts, but this board is great for her. I forget the name, but its basically a Premere. <BR> <BR>Mark