WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best Open-Toe Binding? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795744)

Ticoulat 09-30-2012 1:56 PM

Best Open-Toe Binding?

What do you think is the best open-toe binding? I have to buy one for me and my brother, just tryed the Vantage (Liquid Force) and it`s great. If somebody knows a better binding, I would be grateful to know. Thanks

bschall 09-30-2012 2:53 PM

What do you mean by better? If you like the vantages get them. Other OT bindings you can look at are the LF Bob Ultras or Transits. Each binding has different flex and support

boardman74 09-30-2012 4:35 PM

I rode the Hyperlite agents this year and liked them. Not a fan of the closed toes. Always rode open toed and just like the feel. I think I may try the LF Bob's next year.

moto96s 09-30-2012 4:53 PM

If both of you have about the same size feet, I can recommend the Transit also.

melton1wake 09-30-2012 5:16 PM

I am a big fan of the Liquid Force BOB bindings. They offer good support, lock you in well and are flexible straight out of the box. The toe strap gives a bit more control that may lost in an open toe boot. Great adjustment with the Liquid Force bindings as well.

rmcronin 10-06-2012 4:21 PM

Transits are one of the cheapest and best out there. Mine lasted the season, will be riding them again next year. Very light.

MrShelley 10-09-2012 10:28 AM

I love my Liquid Force Ultras. Lots of support, but I can still move enough to tweak out my grabs and stuff.

wakesetter1989 03-08-2013 12:49 PM

I agree, Liquid Force Transits are an awesome boot. Someone is selling some in the classifieds section, looks like a good buy.

behindtheboat 03-08-2013 1:58 PM

Best open toe is a closed toe :)

austin 03-08-2013 6:32 PM

I have not had the chance to try the BOBs or the Ultras, but of the ones I have tried I would say the Transits are LF's best open-toe followed by the Vantages. Don't bother with the Index or Domain bindings.

However, if I were buying a pair of OT bindings today I would be getting the Ronix Kais (this year it seems they are being replaced by the Ronix Vivas which I haven't tried yet).

e_rock32 03-09-2013 10:23 AM

I'm a closed toe boot guy myself, only because I can put insoles in my Watsons, but I have some brand new 2012 Slingshot Options size 8-11 retailed at $300. They seem to have pretty good support for open toe bindings and I'm willing to sell them for a good price if anyone is interested ($180 obo). I don't have the box they came in, but they've never been used and I don't plan on using them either. If your interested, send me an offer at my email: ebanderson07@gmail.com and I can send pictures too.

tdickman4 03-11-2013 8:01 AM

I don't like open toed bindings but i rode the ultras and they were nice. kept my foot in place.

jarrod 03-11-2013 8:39 AM

I like the CWB Vapors. They're also a lower cut boot, but are still pretty stiff. Last year I rode the Venza's which are great if you're okay with a flexible / low support boot (which I like). They are also extremely light. This year I finally tried on a pair of closed toe boots that I like. The CWB Josh Twelker boot feels amazing, so I'm finally going to try and convert to a closed toe.

gwake1989 03-11-2013 1:19 PM

I've got some LF Transits on sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested. They are in great condition and are great bindings.

wakesetter1989 03-18-2013 3:26 PM

Looks like gwake dropped the price on those bindings. I know him, good deal from a good guy. If you are still in the market from some bindings, you should check these out.

gwake1989 04-05-2013 11:21 AM

Thanks wakesetter. They are still for sale, price dropped to $140. But I am willing to make a great deal with a fellow wakeworld member. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Andy_Mora 04-07-2013 6:52 AM

I just got a pair of Slingshot Verdicts, and I really like those. They are really simple and seem like they'll last long. I ruin my bindings a lot since I'm heavy and seems to take some heavy crashes. The straps are replaceable and the base plate is simple and free of any screw mount thing like the liquid force bindings. So these you can really crank down and get tight. I like them a lot better then the liquid force vantage's which I think have a lot of heal lift. The verdicts are more supportive then I thought they'd be. They are also WAY cheaper because they aren't a "pro" boot. I just saw some on the Slingshot website for $180. Give them a try, I'm really happy with mine.