WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Snap on covers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777309)

kstateskier 03-08-2010 10:32 AM

Snap on covers

Anyone every had a Sunbrella snap on cover custom made. In need of the cockpit cover for an '03 Centurion Eclipse. I know you can get these through Centurion, but does anyone know of a custom shop that may be able to do it for a little less than the fortune Centurion wants for one?

acurtis_ttu 03-08-2010 11:40 AM

call any local boat dealer. They should be able to reccomend a good upholstery shop to make the cover. Dependign on how your boat is stored sunbrella may be overkill IMO. there ae other great fabrics out there that cost quite a bit less.

bill_airjunky 03-08-2010 11:49 AM

Do yourself a favor & get a cover that goes down over the rub rail. After owning a snap on cover on an MC & having like a dozen of the holes cracking the gelcoat, I swore I would never own a boat with a snap on cover again. Gelcoat cracks & scratched up windshield go with it.

I think about the only exception that might be a bow cover.

kstateskier 03-08-2010 12:19 PM

Bill, have already had the snap on the '03 for 7 years with absolutely no problems. None of the original snaps have pulled out, so I guess that I'll give the credit to Centurion. After having a snap on like this, I personally have said the opposite and would never own a non snap cover. Guess that's why they offer both options! :D

Reason for a new one is the middle snap did not get put on last year and it blew off on the Kansas turnpike never to be found again.

Adam, I am trying to match to a current sunbrella bow cover is my only reason for going with Sunbrella, boat is stored in a garage 100% on non use time.

bill_airjunky 03-08-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstateskier (Post 1559831)
Reason for a new one is the middle snap did not get put on last year and it blew off on the Kansas turnpike never to be found again.

I rest my case.

Good luck.

konaking 03-09-2010 5:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstateskier (Post 1559831)
Bill, have already had the snap on the '03 for 7 years with absolutely no problems. None of the original snaps have pulled out, so I guess that I'll give the credit to Centurion. After having a snap on like this, I personally have said the opposite and would never own a non snap cover. Guess that's why they offer both options! :D

Adam, I am trying to match to a current sunbrella bow cover is my only reason for going with Sunbrella, boat is stored in a garage 100% on non use time.

How did you not notice your cover was blowing off. ????????????????????:eek::eek:

bill_airjunky 03-09-2010 7:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konaking (Post 1560038)
How did you not notice your cover was blowing off. ????????????????????:eek::eek:

And beating the holy crap out of your boat?? :confused:

kstateskier 03-09-2010 4:56 PM

It was my a parents pulling the boat. They are getting up there in age! :D