WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc. (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=776965)
-   -   Mouse over Pop-ups (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777098)

big_b_21v 03-02-2010 10:08 AM

Mouse over Pop-ups

David,
Is there a way to turn off the mouse over pop-ups?
Although a great feature in some applications it is difficult to follow when scrolling through the thread topics.

wakeworld 03-02-2010 12:07 PM

What is a mouseover popup?

dakid 03-02-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeworld (Post 1557377)
What is a mouseover popup?

drop down menu. the new site is great but it doesn't look like anyone's diggin' the drop down menu.

big_b_21v 03-02-2010 12:31 PM

Mouse over Pop-ups

I am talking about when you run your mouse over a thread topic and it pops up a window that shows what the originators first post says.
Useful, but annoying when scrolling.
Just a question of whether it can be turned on and off?

sacwake 03-02-2010 12:50 PM

mine doesn't do it...maybe your browser?

wakeworld 03-02-2010 2:19 PM

Ok, ok, ok, Joe. You don't like the menus. Duly noted.

wakeworld 03-02-2010 2:21 PM

Are you saying it actually pops up a window you have to close? It should do that. Or is it just popping up the little square that goes away after you roll off. That was a feature requested by a lot of people. Not a way to turn it off that I'm aware of, but I'm still learning..

brettw 03-02-2010 2:50 PM

I think this is for when as an example you scroll your mouse over the menu items at the top of the page like Home, Articles, Pics/Video, Gear, etc. and without even clicking on anything, the drop-down menu pops up. Personally, I also don't like this. I don't like anything popping up or any menus popping up unless I click on something. It can be annoying when just moving your mouse.

I've complained to Yahoo with their new homepage that also does this for some items.

I'm not sure if most people prefer it or not, though.

Start a Poll and ask!!!

pierce_bronkite 03-02-2010 2:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think he' referring to the Alt and Title tags for the threads. I dont believe thats an option to turn on and off. Take a look at the attached image.

Also, for Navigation, drop down menus are one of the best if not most recognized ways of handling large amounts of content. Examples are Amazon, Nike.com and any other large site. Its the best way of displaying and organizing a lists of links.

rio_sanger 03-02-2010 9:25 PM

I do not like the mouse over pop ups either. very annoying! every time you move over something it drops down

rio_sanger 03-02-2010 9:26 PM

I do not like the mouse over pop ups either. very annoying! every time you move over something witjhout clicking it drops down

wakeborder5 03-02-2010 10:51 PM

I think it would be much better if the drop down menus only came down after your mouse rested over them for a second or half a second. The instantaneous drop down when your mouse goes over it is fairly annoying.

wakeworld 03-02-2010 11:02 PM

Yup, we're working on that. The delay isn't as long as I wanted.

sacwake 03-03-2010 7:19 AM

I have to say I kind of like the mouse over popups. It lets you know without actually opening the thread, what the post is about. Sometimes the subject is not descriptive enough and you waste your time, but with the popup you know immediately if you're interested.

mcb611 03-03-2010 7:24 AM

yea the drop downs do get some what annoying

wakeworld 03-04-2010 10:22 AM

I know this thread was not originally about the menus, but it kind of morphed into it. We have made some tweaks on the menus to reduce the number of times you will accidentally drop them down. It works a lot better now. Let me know if there are any issues. Thanks.