WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Wakefest Board Raffle (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476405)

norris_laker 07-16-2007 7:59 PM

This year three boards were given away to the contestants at the Scioto Wakefest. The boards were an Inland Surfer Yellow, Shred Stix JaMako and a Walker Composite X. All three board were on my wish list for my quiver of boards. I would like to thank all three board makers for donating these boards. Fortunately my daughter won the Inland Surfer. After the raffle the person that won the JaMako asked me if I would trade with him. My daughter and I accepted the trade. The JaMako has quickly become my favorite. I feel like the board has extended the pocket on my wake by about five feet. The board accelerates nicely and I would highly recommend this board. My two kids can ride the JaMako at the same time without a rope. Once again I would like to thank the board manufacturers, Jeff Walker and Ed Sullivan for making these boards available.

ed_g 07-17-2007 1:35 AM

Jeff Page (Inland Surfer), Jerry Price (Shred Stix) and Mike Walker (The Walker Project) are awesome guys who seem to support every wakesurfing event under the sun. <BR> <BR>In addition to being supporters of the Scioto Wakefest, et al, they donate boards to the Florida Supra/Moomba Jamboree every year. <BR> <BR>Let's not forget Xtreme Board Company! They are also very generous with the wakesurfing community.

bigshow 07-17-2007 9:29 AM

I think exposure of west coast surfboards and technique is very important to the growth of the sport. The only boards you can find locally are from the big three. These boards are low cost and good starters but there so much more that you can do on some of these west coast boards. <BR> <BR>Even related materials like traction and fin options are difficult to come by so events like Wakefest really help the land lock Midwestern crowd understand what options exist. <BR> <BR>I often get my boards out for others to ride or loan them out. I fractured my ankle a few weeks ago so I haven’t been on the water much lately. So instead I just lent an IS Yellow and a Cyber Shapes to a family this week to try. The father asked me which board he should buy. I told him that I didn’t know. But he at least had two boards to try so he could make a better decision. I also loaned my BIG Red Tide out to a friend with a Barefoot Nautique. He doesn’t have sacks to weight his boat but he should be able to start ridding the Red on a small wake. <BR> <BR>If you’re looking for a good wakesurf board please consider supporting the guys that are working on growing the sport. For me that’s Wakefet sponsors which inlcudes: <BR>. Shred Stixx <BR>. Inland Surfer <BR>. The Walker Project <BR>. Trick Boardz <BR>. Fresh Air Exhaust <BR>. Cyber Shapes <BR> <BR>Also worthy of noting is that Both Malibu and Centurion have supported Wakefest and the advancement of Wakesurfing.