WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   My Vandall!! Finally.... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791086)

jburbo 12-08-2011 5:45 PM

My Vandall!! Finally....

2 Attachment(s)
Finally found a Vandall, after quite a search. here she is

TheHebrewHammer 12-08-2011 6:30 PM

I've always wanted to ride one of those. Beautiful board! Let us know what it feels like!

wakerider111 12-08-2011 9:43 PM

congrats. looks slick

part of me wants to think that Randall might have a stock pile of these boards to last him a good length of time and will just keep riding and representing 'em as kind of a one man free-agent thing for a while. ;)

but i have no real clue actually

Cisco 12-09-2011 12:12 AM

A thing of beauty. Be a shame to ride it...almost :)

jburbo 12-09-2011 4:41 AM

I will definitely post up a review after i get a chance to ride it. might be a while, i live in DC :)

I know Cisco, trust me i thought about just putting it up in my office at home.... but I cant let a beautiful board like this go to waste! I am dying to take a set on it, i am still waiting to use my Vandall bindings as well. not a lot of (safe) water around here...

jburbo 12-09-2011 4:49 AM

what i NEED to do is find someone in Orlando willing to put me up for a couple of days so that i can ride ;)

any takers?

daveronix199 12-09-2011 7:05 AM

damn that deck is zoo sharp!

if it was mine.. it would never see water

lsukuntryboy 12-09-2011 7:32 AM

i just put vadall 2010 limited up. rode it very lightly, fell in love with the board and put it up. so hard to do. Just picked up a obrien paradigm tho, hopefully it will feel a lot like the vandall.

jburbo 12-09-2011 8:04 AM

Quote:

damn that deck is zoo sharp!

if it was mine.. it would never see water
thanks! yeah, i thought about that. buy a stand, put it up in my office. but i feel like that would be a waste of an amazing board. now, if I find a second one....
this one goes up on the wall!

tampawake 12-09-2011 8:42 AM

anyone know who Vandall is riding now?

andy_nintzel 12-09-2011 8:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsukuntryboy (Post 1720981)
i just put vadall 2010 limited up. rode it very lightly, fell in love with the board and put it up. so hard to do. Just picked up a obrien paradigm tho, hopefully it will feel a lot like the vandall.

I have never ridden the Vandall, but I ride the Paradigm, I bet your going to love it!

jburbo 12-09-2011 8:45 AM

Quote:

anyone know who Vandall is riding now?
no idea. every shot i see of him riding, hes still on his Company deck

wakemitch 12-09-2011 11:11 AM

That board should last forever. Erich Schmaltz makes the strongest boards ever. You should look at nick Taylor's Integrity after over a year of riding the same board (the only company a pro can do that with). It is still in great riding shape

I am pumped to see what Erich does with Phalanx

jburbo 12-09-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

That board should last forever. Erich Schmaltz makes the strongest boards ever. You should look at nick Taylor's Integrity after over a year of riding the same board (the only company a pro can do that with). It is still in great riding shape
thats what i have heard Mitch. i will still continue searching for another one (i really want a 2010), but only so that i can put this one away. i am pumped to have this one, especially considering the 2011 boards never hit the market. i will continue to ride this one until i find a 2010....

snoopy1173 12-10-2011 6:57 AM

Are company wakeboards, and phalanx wakeboards associated with each other ^^?.....or did they just have the sam board designer?

lives2wake 12-10-2011 1:19 PM

Lucky find! Looks really sharp! I was hoping to shred this deck over the 2011 season...I guess I'll never get the chance to ride one.

hawkeye7708 12-11-2011 9:26 AM

Jay, the only real link between the two is the fact that Schmaltz was/is behind the production. Ricky and Randall have ties to each other, but as far as the companies, I'm unaware of any actual business link.

wakerider111 12-12-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye7708 (Post 1721172)
Jay, the only real link between the two is the fact that Schmaltz was/is behind the production. Ricky and Randall have ties to each other, but as far as the companies, I'm unaware of any actual business link.

and Ray Cruz, he is the product manager or something to that extent of Phalanx and also worked for Co. and even LF in the past too. but still another example of a guy switching ships so to speak

DEFIANTwake 12-15-2011 10:49 AM

Long live Company...

TheHebrewHammer 12-15-2011 2:46 PM

R.i.p.

jburbo 01-26-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakemitch (Post 1721025)

I am pumped to see what Erich does with Phalanx

I have been in touch with Ray, i think i am going to ride the Vandall a few times and then switch to a Phalanx CW 385. I am pretty stoked to get my hands on one, I love the fact that they are pretty much bomb proof.