WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   backrolls, ralys and any invert tip on a cable!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184276)

08-09-2004 5:15 AM

i've been tryin a raley on the cable tow for a while now but i cant even get off the water!!!(i ride goofy) I wait until the carrier goes around the corner then start my cut, then ease off, then cut hard again but nothing happens. I watch the other riders bt cant see wot im doing wrong. Any trick tips 4 raleys, backrolls or any other invert on the cable would be a great help. <BR>Thanks, Richard AKA mk wakeboarder

08-20-2004 6:35 AM

Richard, <BR> <BR>A quick tip, don't ease off. The cable raley cut is solid. after cutting for say 2-3 seconds scoop your lead foot away from you. to avoid stargazing you can look at the carrier. At to stage ease off (you can get away with doing this on a backroll) <BR> <BR>another helpful tip is to place your bindings as far back on your heelside edge, this will ease with the cut (once you have it dialed then re-center them)good luck

08-30-2004 1:21 PM

thanks for your help, <BR>i can now load the line and i can feel it pulling me up but its like my board is glued onto the water, im not sure how to release it. thanks 4 any tips, rich

erik 09-04-2004 4:05 PM

try a roll to revert first. just load the line and initiate the rotation. good luck.

11-07-2004 2:02 PM

releasing the board is easy, youve just got to have confidence. you cant have a doubt in your mind. when i was taught them i was told to kind of try to slam your board into the water and this kind of initiates the scoop for you but you do need to try and scoop it. try it on a skate you can get really easy releases on them. dont carve for too long either you want a quick progressive carve. <BR>good luck

05-04-2006 4:02 AM

Hi Ewan, I liked your tip about replacing the binding for learning the Raley. Do you think this would work for the Roll2Revert as well?

fly135 05-04-2006 12:22 PM

Richard, for the backroll you can take an easy cut (about 50% - 75% of your max edge) and cut out a few meters. To throw the roll lay into your edge 100%. Then as Ewan sez, scoop the leading edge of the board away from the cable as you throw in that extra cut. It helps to have more weight on your front foot. Then just look over your leading shoulder. <BR> <BR>The board with be thrown up into the air by the scooping motion. Basically the water is snagging the board and creating lots of tension on the line. The trick will complete itself. My advice for someone trying to do this for the first time is to concentrate on your grip. Put a death grip on the handle because the tension gets high and people will lose one hand on the handle. This usually results in you getting laid out sideways. <BR> <BR>The whole motion of the roll is automatic. Just hang on with both hands and you'll be suprised at how you come right around. Also, if you just jam the board straight down instead of scooping (in a J motion as in cutting away from the cable) then the tension on the cable will be *very* high and the rotation will be too slow. You'll end up pulling muscles in your abdomen.