WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   hyperlite audio VS. Byerly pro (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780063)

lfrider92 05-30-2010 9:51 PM

hyperlite audio VS. Byerly pro

I have a pair of 2010 byerly pro bindings. and started out happy and am not not happy with them at all. ive broken 6 laces now due to the metal lace inserts. its getting old having to carry extra laces with me when i ride. only getting like 3 sets per lace. and the thin material coating the inside of the actual bindings has separated from the boot on one of them and makes it next to impossible without using binding lube to get in due to your heel catching on it. and the bindings started out sitting flat against the board,and even with the screws all the way tight. you can now rock the bindings. they will raise and lower about an 1/8 of an inch on both bindings pushing on either the heels or the toes. and each time its getting worse. and im really noticing it when i edge in toeside the amount of lift im getting on the bindings.

My Question!

obviously im going to take these back to my local shop and warranty them. im sick of all these things that i shouldnt have to deal with after spending 400$ on a boot i thought was made of high quality. so im thinking about trying to swap them with a pair of hyperlite audios. I would switch them out with another pair of byerly pros since i love these boots. but my dad has them to. and is snapping laces all the time to, and his boots are starting to rock as well. So im thinking the audios since they dont have those metal inserts on the top laces and and i dont think swapping them will be a problem since hyperlite and byerly are the same company.

Has anyone had any problems with the audios? i dont want another pair of bindings that are going to fall apart after 2 months. i like the construction on them a little more then the byerlys. but im curious if anyone else has had any problems.

lfrider92 05-31-2010 12:12 PM

anyone?

lfrider92 06-01-2010 4:30 PM

the owner of my local shop told me they are his biggest selling boot right now. noone has anything to say?

stephan 06-01-2010 4:53 PM

My buddy had them and while it may just be his feet, he could not get comfortable in them. He said that they mashed the top of his foot no matter what he did. Ironically he went over to the Byerly Pro. Ha.

tom_paz 06-01-2010 8:07 PM

dave - i have ridden the 2010 Audios and they are no doubt a sick boot. the only reason i dont still ride them is they are too soft of flex for my hurt ankle. anyways, they do share many similar construction features as the Pro's like liner, footbed, etc. but they do differ in the fastening system, which seems to be the your biggest gripe with your current boots. the Boa is redesigned this year, so the knob and gear ratios are bigger than before, and tighten faster than ever. You are correct about the upper laces on the Audios, they dont have the same lace loops as the Pros and both Boa and top laces held up great after two weeks of riding cable and boat all day every day. just try not to get sand in the Boas cuz it could get stuck. but i was able to clean it out and they work smooth again. if you can try some on at your local shop, you wont be disappointed! hope this helps

tom_paz 06-01-2010 8:23 PM

p.s. i forgot to add, while your at it if you want the next step up in stiffness, check out the Teams as well. theres no boa and they tighten up much smoother and evenly than the Pro's in my opinion. they are another sweet choice to look at as long as you're trying on some new kicks!!

lfrider92 06-01-2010 8:54 PM

awesome! thank you guys. thats exactly the type of stuff i was looking for. Soft boots dont bother me. i wore LF shanes for a year and a half and loved them. the liquid playground (my local shop) has the audios in stock. and im rolling out there friday anyways. so ill be trying them on for sure to see what i think. like you said, my main concern is the lace up system as well as durability. i think the liner separating was just a freak thing though, because my dad hasnt had that problem at all on his byerlys. and ive never really heard of it either. but im hoping they dont start to rock like my byerlys did considering the base plate looks the same. because that is a huge problem. when i start edging in toeside. i defiantly notice it.

and thanks for the tip on the sand. I actually drag my winch and rail out into the SF bay all the time. i have a nice little cove that stays glass pretty much all the time, and people dont mind us being there at all. (cops roll by all the time and dont care! its great!) and its ALL sand where i go, and it gets everywhere. first time i hit a rail was out there, so i put my vest on to protect ribs, not so much the floating part since its only about 2 feet deep at low tide. and im still having sand fall out of it all the time and that was about 6 months ago. but my shanes got demoted to winch boots. but im sure i would have eventually brought the audios out, but now that i know. ill make sure not to. thanks again!