WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Pacquiao-Bradley Fight (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793859)

tings00 06-10-2012 9:31 PM

Pacquiao-Bradley Fight

I am surprised there isnt a thread for this yet. Did anyone else watch the fight? Terrible decision. I really believe there is something going on in boxing, very corrupt. I hope we still get a mayweather-pac fight. Other than RIP boxing, long live MMA.

logan 06-10-2012 11:31 PM

Here's what went down with that fight, they can't exactly make a deal for pac/mayweather right now as mayweather is incarcerated. SO, they had the judges rule the fight horribly and cause a huge controversy (to draw attention to boxing) and then at the end announce a november rematch. Realistically why would anybody watch the fight again if pac got the nod the first time? why waste 50 bucks again? so they milk the fight out, get people to spend more money and in the end give pac his win. both fighters get paid huge money, TWICE so you know they don't care. It's all about creating attention around boxing.

sippi 06-11-2012 5:29 AM

all about attention...and money. those dudes get paid a butt load of money for fighting whether they win or lose. and my god i work with two Philipino's and i can tell you i'm sick and fricking tired of hearing about pacquiao. but then again its about everything! "hey man did you hear about that chick on american idol, did you know her cousins sisters best friends dogs brother is from the philipines...pretty cool huh..." (ok that's sarcasm font but you get it), its absolutely ridiculous.

polarbill 06-11-2012 11:30 AM

People still watch or care about boxing?

I can't stand MMA because of all of the douchetard affliction/tattoo tough guy crap but it has to be a million times better then super crooked boxing.

mjfan23 06-11-2012 12:00 PM

The decision was a joke..

But look back to when pac man fought marquez. That decision was also a joke.

hatepain 06-11-2012 3:49 PM

I found it a bit odd that they had a rematch poster all reasy to go right after the fight.

phatboypimp 06-11-2012 7:14 PM

I used to be a passionate boxing fan and I have completely shifted to MMA. Love or hate the UFC - Dana has done an amazing job of controlling the issues that are killing boxing. He controls who fights who and when they fight. If they don't like it they don't fight again. You will never have this Mayweather/Pacman bull**** in the UFC. IMO these lighter weight fighters who simply slap each other around for 12 rounds are hard to call. Dana makes it clear - dont leave it in the hands of the judges because there is too much subjectivity. I find it hard to believe that the whole thing is corrupt but it is getting harder to argue against it. I think part of the problem is that you have these HBO analysts giving us THEIR opinion throughout the fight and I think like most of us we tend to believe it. I would like to watch the fight again without their influence and see if I come to the conclusion that the judges did.

ttrigo 06-11-2012 8:55 PM

I will take the word of max kellerman, and dan rafael when it comes to boxing. Both those guys think manny got robbed. I did not see the fight, but i cant imagine hundreds of thousands of people saw something that 2 of the judges did not see.
They already had a rematch planned, regardless of this outcome. I gives mayweather a chance to get one fight after his release, before they can start dodging manny again.