WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Blind 180s (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196701)

pierce_bronkite 10-25-2004 6:18 AM

I am starting to do one wake or inside out blind 180's. I want to get the feeling before I take it big but cant stay on axis. When I jump I look at the horizon behind me but seem to get off axis. The people in the boat tell me that I am falling over my toeside edge. Does anyone have any tips to stay on axis or just tips on the trick itself? I am just trying to land wrapped then pass the handle.

the_pimp 10-25-2004 7:16 AM

Dude, <BR>1) Consciously pull the handle into your waist as you pop, this will give you a little slack to spin and importantly prevent you from being pulled over/off axis. <BR>2) Keep that handle in close to your body and if you do start going off axis you can then let it out a little to compensate. <BR>3) I find it helps to look and bend over at the waist towards the back toeside edge of the board for landing - this keeps your weight on your toe edge for landing and prevents you from slipping out. Keep you head looking that way until you are comfortable, then look round to the boat. If you look round whilst still in the air you will start going to BS360 and more than likely slip out. <BR>4) Bend your legs for landing and relax! <BR> <BR>The above help me to take this trick big and wake to wake. <BR> <BR>Try doing an early handle pass BS1 to start, then do it to cuffed landing and finally to blind (wrapped) landing. <BR> <BR>Enjoy

pierce_bronkite 10-26-2004 8:03 AM

Thanks Matt.

teamvaldez 10-27-2004 2:55 PM

wate till u get the pop off the wake and keep the handle close to your hipps.

10-27-2004 7:17 PM

hang out in the air for a while before you turn

wake_upppp 11-21-2004 9:52 AM

I found them much harder from inside out while learning them. Start out doing them when the boat turns around. Have the driver cross the rollers at 90, cut out to the outside of the circle and throw it off the roller, then get them in the flats by just doing an ollie to backside 180, then try wake to wake. The thing that is tough about the inside out is the cut has to be very aggresive so you get pulled off axis by the line tension. When you do start trying them w2w take an easy cut that will take you up more than out at first, you know tranny to tranny, and make sure you point the handle across your backside horizontally, not down. Try not to let your back hand swing up high as this makes the handle pass harder.

malibuboarder75 11-27-2004 5:55 PM

I havnt landed one yet. But try doing a indy grab first to set your axis then do the spin. This will keep you from spinning offaxis off the wake.

12-31-2004 12:25 AM

before i learned them w2w i did the ollie to blind, then inside out to blind, then inside out indy blind... then took it indy blind w2w. the grab helps you wait to spin at the last second when there isnt as much tension on the rope... or you could just spin at the last second.