WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Why do my tantrum attempts suck... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793965)

Reez 06-16-2012 7:21 PM

Why do my tantrum attempts suck...

I'm an experienced rider..... I cut
Towards the wake and square
Up .... End up barely
Getting any op and land on my head.... I
I usually pick up on tricks pretty quick
But I am not even close to getting the rotation on this

ryan_shima1 06-16-2012 7:43 PM

Bob,
Sounds like you might be initiating the trick too early. You'll get more pop if you wait to the top of the wake and let it "kick" you up & over the wake. Also, make sure you have even pressure on both of your feet when you're edging into the wake. If you have too much on your back foot, that can minimize your pop as well. Do you have any video you can post up for us to see?

Good luck!

Reez 06-16-2012 8:13 PM

I do I'll post later. In do t have access right now. I be been riding
Since 98 and I just get trip the tantrum... Spins come
Easy for me but I just can't get
This one down...... Granted I just recently
Started trying. I feel like I'm
Not throwing by head back
Enough but my research tells
Me of u hit it right it should
Throw you over . Do I need
To cut aggressively?

ryan_shima1 06-17-2012 5:12 AM

To your last question, yes and no. I take an aggressive cut to my tantrums because I feel it helps me get a stronger pop off the wake, BUT you need to concentrate on your timing as you initiate the flip. Coming in more aggressive can make you start even earlier which is not what you want to do. Think about not throwing your head back but lifting off the wake through your hips. (Like on a trampoline, if you just throw your head back, that won't get you around back to your feet. But if you lift with your hips as you go up into the air, it's easier to rotate yourself around).

fgcuwake 06-17-2012 8:23 AM

one of the most key points is standing tall and fully extending your posture at the very top of the wake. This gets your elevation on the trick. You should check out an instructional vid, there are so many. Once you get this perfected it will be automatic!

gnarslayer 06-17-2012 8:47 AM

to be honest i feel like you think about it too much... really just rail at the wake and do a backflip off of it... just use some of those nuts in your shorts and you will get it in no time

Chirp5957 06-17-2012 4:19 PM

make sure you let go with your back hand as well, if your holding on with both hands the back hand will mess up the rotation.

(so if you ride normal let go with your right hand)

Readyaimfire 06-21-2012 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnarslayer (Post 1760508)
to be honest i feel like you think about it too much... really just rail at the wake and do a backflip off of it... just use some of those nuts in your shorts and you will get it in no time

Hahaha, this is the best advice I've ever heard. So true.

cheesydog 06-21-2012 6:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnarslayer (Post 1760508)

classic

rmcronin 06-26-2012 4:51 AM

They're easy to learn with a small wake, then you don't have to wait long to get tripped at the top. I learned them with a '90 prostar with no weight and I'm 6'4"

sippi 06-26-2012 5:24 AM

I agree with JB on this one, i have friends who when they first tried the tantrum didn't get any pop at all, they just cut hard and did a backflip pretty much, but they got all the way around, or close. then its like after a time or two they'd work on that pop and it'd come easy, but you got to have the stones first. half assin it will only cause you to not land it and/or get hurt.

Reez 07-06-2012 8:32 AM

Thanks everyone for the help... I nailed t this morning . Great advice everyone. I used my
Nuts and stopped thinking but also waiting a bit
Longer and the rotation came easy! Sometimes thinking
Less really helps

theloungelife 07-06-2012 7:31 PM

That's awesome Bob. One thing I do to get warmed up for them is to ride up and down the wake lip on my heel edge. Let's you get a feel for the wake size/shape you're on, if you ride different boats. That way you can feel exactly where the top is before attempting.

gnarslayer 07-06-2012 10:21 PM

congrats man!

ryan_shima1 07-07-2012 2:56 PM

That's great Bob, congrats!