WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   olympic hockey (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776989)

pesos 03-01-2010 12:24 AM

olympic hockey

So I've never watched an entire hockey game in my life. In fact I'm not sure I've watched more than 2 or 3 minutes straight before. But I watched every minute of this game - it was great, despite the loss. Are NHL games ever like this? Playoffs maybe?

seabass 03-01-2010 5:37 AM

yes they can be like that from time to time. Even more so in the playoffs

sidekicknicholas 03-01-2010 6:18 AM

Hockey

I was at a pagent (part of the miss america stuff....and yeah, I know, you don't have to tell me).... but the game was on in the bar part of the venue and when USA scored in the 3rd I let out a yelp and EVERYONE heard me in there, it was awful.

zo1 03-01-2010 7:08 AM

Agreed, though usually not a fast... This was like an All Star game where both teams were playing their hearts out....

As a major hockey fan all I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!

Part of what made it so good was the fact that it was live as well. Regardless of what happens in 2014 it won't be as exciting on tape delay...

jakoerber 03-01-2010 11:15 AM

almost all playoff hockey is like that, if you can pick a team to stand behind regular seasons games against rivals are great

wakeboardertj 03-01-2010 11:23 AM

I too have not watched much hockey until this olympics and I really enjoyed it. Might have another sport to start watching.

deuce 03-01-2010 12:21 PM

Avs are already on the ice tonight..... Unfortunately, it is on Versus and not Altitude, so no game for me.... GO AVS!

ttrigo 03-01-2010 12:51 PM

it reminded me of the playoffs, which are the only time I watch hockey. sad to see the US lose, but they played their hearts out. they should not be ashamed one bit about the effort put forth in these games. those two teams play ten times, and they would each win 5 games.

benjaminp 03-01-2010 12:58 PM

I'm from Canada so I'm pretty stoked on how that game turned out, but even if we had lost it would have been one of the best hockey games I have seen. Both teams gave it everything, loved every minute of it. I'm surprised I didnt get a noise complaint when the US scored with like 20 seconds to go, and again when we won in OT. They had to close down a couple streets here because they were full of drunk fans.

scott_a 03-01-2010 2:12 PM

Pesos- yes, definitely watch the playoffs. If you find yourself in the south bay, you might consider going to a Sharks game to see them live...tons of fun.

ottog1979 03-01-2010 2:47 PM

Hockey rocks !!

pesos 03-01-2010 4:09 PM

yeah I've been meaning to go to a sharks game, I've heard it's great live.

am i the only one who has to log in every time i come back to the site and try to post? or are others having that issue?

seabass 03-01-2010 8:06 PM

Pesos - nope, you are not the only one. I have to log in every time as well.

wakeworld 03-01-2010 8:21 PM

Do you guys have your browsers set to clean out your cookies when you exit? Have you done the whole delete cache/reboot thing?

pesos 03-01-2010 8:32 PM

no cookie cleaning - all my other sites are still all set. i really don't want to wipe them all out - maybe i can track down the ww specific ones. any clue as to the filenames that ww generates cookie-wise?

thanks!
Wes

wakeworld 03-01-2010 8:35 PM

No, I wish I knew more about it. I'll have to talk to my web guy on this and see if he has any ideas.

pesos 03-01-2010 8:38 PM

Think I found em... I had 4:

username@wakeworld
username@wakeworld.com
username@www.wakeworld
username@www.wakeworld.com

I deleted those 4 files out of the cookies folder, came and logged into the site, closed the browser and came back again and it seemed to hold onto my info now.

For XP you'll find your cookies in c:\documents and settings\username\cookies and for vista/win7 you need to go to c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\window s\cookies

pesos 03-01-2010 9:45 PM

guess I spoke too soon... it seems that when I click a link to a thread from an email notification, that's when it somehow breaks the cookie...