WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through April 09, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=434836)
-   -   Centurion Elite V C4 or Sanger V230: Which One (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425658)

murphie07 03-19-2007 9:58 AM

I am looking at a fun family boat. We are not hard core wakeboarders. Just want to wakeboard, wake-surf, and have fun. Want a boat that rides well in chop. Don’t care about wake shape, form, or height, <BR> <BR>I do care about quality, comfort, and dependability. Your opinions please <BR> <BR>Thanks

chaser 03-19-2007 10:43 AM

If you plan to wakeboard and wake-surf how can you not care about the wake shape, form, or height? If you didn't mention wakesurfing I would have said save some money and buy an I/O then.

polarbill 03-19-2007 11:26 AM

Those 2 boats really aren't comparable. if you want a bigger Vdrive look at the Avalanche(22'), Typhoon(23') or the Enzo SV230(23'). Those 3 boats are more comparable to the Sanger V230. Both boats use the Mercuiser engines so don't worry about that part. Centurions are probably the best rough water riding boats in the industry. That being said Sangers are suppose to be really good in chop as well. The big difference is in how the boats are built. Sanger pieces in their interior while Centurion uses a full liner system. In my opinion the full liner means less pieces with a better overall fit. it also allows for snap-in carpet, which is a really nice feature. Centurions also have one of the top surf wakes in the industry if that is important. Demo both boats and go with the one that you like the best. Also take into account the dealer. That can be the diffenrence from having a great experience with a boat and a poor one.

murphie07 03-19-2007 12:23 PM

I screwed up, I am also new at this. It is a v215 I am comparing. Sorry about that

chas 03-19-2007 12:38 PM

The V215 is a great boat, you will hear nothing but good from Sanger owners. As Brett said, drive all the boats you are thinking about. Crawl through them and go over every inch inside and out. You are the only one who can choose what boat is best for you. A good dealer can make it a great experience.

kneeboarder8806 03-19-2007 1:31 PM

We have had our Sanger for over a year and we have no complaints about it. Just make sure to get a good dealer. If you are in the Houston area go to Houston Watersports Complex and you can take the boats for a test drive on their own private lake.

twobills 03-19-2007 1:55 PM

I've had my V215 for one month now and it's all I could ask for. We demo'd all three Sangers V210, V215 and the V230. They are all nice boats but the V215 fit us better.

kneeboarder8806 03-19-2007 1:57 PM

when we demoed we had the boat salesman, my family, 4, and another family of 4 in the boat and it still handled great.

joe1975 03-19-2007 8:37 PM

sanger!

peterc4 03-20-2007 10:33 PM

I have a Elite V C4. We've had it for 2 years now, bought new. We have 2 kids and usually have between 4-8 poeple go out on the boat. Rides great in rough water, no issues at all, no problems. Good fit and finish and really no complaints. I have plenty of pics or if you have questions, ask away.

jovedawake 03-21-2007 3:33 AM

The Sanger V215 is a MUCH better wakeboard boat. <BR> <BR>The Centurion will be a little better for wakesurfing. <BR> <BR>The Sanger is built with more care by hand and is more solid. <BR> <BR>Both will handle great in chop. <BR> <BR>Both are very comfortable. <BR> <BR>Like many have said, TEST drive them both!!! Really crawl around like a little insect, checking out all of the details from stitching, construction, graphics, etc. <BR> <BR>After you test drive them and get to know both dealers, let us know your thoughts. <BR> <BR>Good luck.