WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ronix Vault set up (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794489)

dogma 07-15-2012 8:52 AM

Ronix Vault set up

Just bought the Ronix Vault board, but there's no directions on set up. Does anyone know which side is heel side and which is toe side. I am assuming the longer skinner fins are toe side. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

TBell 07-15-2012 1:42 PM

Sharp edge = toeside
Rounded edge = heelside

SydneyACE 07-16-2012 7:27 AM

I have the same set-up.

The side where the fins are closest to the edge is the toe-side edge. (These fins are a little-bit bigger too.)

I'm curious to know what you think. My last board was an old Hyperlite without molded fins. The bolt-on fins were too much, so I rode it without.

Compared to that board, my Vault tracks crazy solid. I had to re-lean how to do surface spins with all the extra grip. I'm pretty new to boarding (few seasons behind other peoples' random boats) so take my opinions with a grain of salt. Keep in-mind, I can't go w2w on my toeside yet, but the toeside pop is definately good. Every time I come outside-in and then inside-out, I can feel the board really trying to pop me.

Anyway, let us know how it goes. Have fun!

BTW: Which bindings?

gotwake133 07-16-2012 8:52 AM

The board should be set up left foot forward based on the graphic, there are two small arrows in between the back set of inserts that will say heelside^toeside and point you in the right direction. Hope you enjoy your new setup!!

dogma 07-16-2012 10:58 AM

Travis #1, I had an old Hyperlite Murray board, with new Murray closed toe bindings. I just put the Murray bindings on the Ronix board. In light of these comments, I need to re-check my set-up. I haven't noticed much fdifference between the old Hyperlite and the new Ronix. I can go w2w heelside and toeside and land occassional w2w 180s. I am really looking for more pop.

Trvis # 2, I must be blind, but I do not see any directions in the graphics. I have the 139 2012 model.

SydneyACE 07-17-2012 9:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogma (Post 1767957)
Travis #1, I had an old Hyperlite Murray board, with new Murray closed toe bindings. I just put the Murray bindings on the Ronix board. In light of these comments, I need to re-check my set-up. I haven't noticed much fdifference between the old Hyperlite and the new Ronix. I can go w2w heelside and toeside and land occassional w2w 180s. I am really looking for more pop.

Trvis # 2, I must be blind, but I do not see any directions in the graphics. I have the 139 2012 model.

Exact same board I have. I couldn't find any directions either.
I had the same question when I was mounting my bindings too.
I was pretty sure the fins closest to the edge were the toe-side but just wasn't CERTAIN.
If you watch Ronix's Vault video (search for it on YouTube) it should help to clear-up exactly which side is which.
After I watched that, if felt pretty good about where I put my bindings, lol!