WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Very last help thread on my boat decision and purchase (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800507)

MIKEnNC 11-21-2013 4:40 PM

Very last help thread on my boat decision and purchase

Guys, I have demos scheduled Saturday, of course the Malibu mxz22 is a finalist. It has the 350 engine and I'm really nervous about it planing after a few people have stated it wouldn't. Boat has factory hard tanks in rear, center, and the optional 265 hard tank in the bow. It has 750 sacs in back lockers. Does suppose let have the miracle prop that is supposed to work wonders but we will c. Of course I will fill everything up and check to make sure it'll plane out when wake boarding. Being I'm inexperienced with this boat can any current owners advise me on wedge position and ballast configuration when starting to check for planing issues? Also can anyone give me advise on setting up ballasts and or wedge for best surf wave as well. I hope to get good responses and hopefully current owners chime in so I can print instructions and take them with me for demo. I'm really hoping all goes well and it doesn't have any issues planing. I can't be happy with boat I'd have to send all my people to front bow to get it to plane off. I'm excited and nervous about the demo Saturday and really hope that engine can get the job done.

MIKEnNC 11-21-2013 4:42 PM

And yes this will be my second and final demo on Mxz and this will be more in depth for sure

dezul 11-22-2013 4:04 AM

Do you know which prop is on it? It is going to be tough to plane with that much rear weight and no nose weight and the wedge down. With the wedge up, you may be able to plane. Good luck on the purchase. With bow weight and the right prop, you shouldnt have an issue planing.

boardjnky4 11-22-2013 4:16 AM

You're not going to have any issues. That boat is correctly propped and I can guarantee that if it's not, they will get the right prop on it.

They've got guys running A22s with 1100s in the rear lockers on the stock motor and with the right prop, they shoot out of the hole no problem.

malibu23lsv 11-22-2013 5:27 AM

You won't have any problems getting on plane. Just install an ACME 2419 and be done with it. You will lose some top end speed but who really wants to do 42MPH in a wake boat? My setup is usually with four adults, factory ballast full with 500# PnP sacks, wedge two clicks from bottom, 10.5 MPH and the wave is NICE! Ran it that way all summer. Transfers and spins were a blast to learn. My family and friends are hooked on Surfgate so I'm possitive you will love it. Malibu is definately headed in the right direction and is the only way I would go when I get ready to upgrade in a couple of years. Cheers!

willyt 11-22-2013 5:40 AM

one of my buddies ordered the 4th MXZ off the line. had the 350 in it. took it to norris, and even with the 15x12 couldnt get on plane with 1k over stock, no wedge.

I've heard similar things with the 350/MXZ combo from other people. He ended up taking it back to the factory and having them put a 550 LSA in it.

Now, also have another buddy with the VLX with the 350 - it does fine in that boat with tons of weight (i think he's somewhere like 3k over stock).

advice - weigh it like you'd ride it and see if it performs.

nitrousbird 11-22-2013 6:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malibu23lsv (Post 1853701)
but who really wants to do 42MPH in a wake boat?

People always make this comment to justify some crazy prop on a boat to allow it to get out of the hole.

Top speed really isn't the issue. Who wants to run 4500+ RPM just to cruise at 30MPH? 30MPH is a pretty reasonable cruise speed and at those kinds of RPM's you will be sucking down fuel like crazy while being at a pretty uncomfortable RPM for extended periods. Fine if you are only using the boat on tiny lakes - awful if you need to travel around anywhere.

shawndoggy 11-22-2013 6:26 AM

bring an extra 1500lbs in ballast to simulate a crew and all of your junk (anchor stereo boards, coolers ropes etc etc). The boat is never lighter than the day you demo it.

brycejb328 11-22-2013 8:30 AM

I had a similar concern when I was considering an MXZ. There was a member who verified that his MXZ is doing well with the 350hp

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1826114

supersonicmi 11-22-2013 9:05 AM

The prop that you want which is being mentioned is the ACME 2315 - it will solve your concerns. Have them put one on and then test drive it with a bunch of weight or people. As an MXZ owner I have never had an issue once I got the 2315. How much weight are you looking to run? (If it warms up here in the next few weeks I can put that much in mine and let you know how it does.)

MIKEnNC 11-22-2013 10:12 AM

Malibu said it is the 15x12 4 blade "torque prop" and model # is acme 2419

shawndoggy 11-22-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1853737)
Malibu said it is the 15x12 4 blade "torque prop" and model # is acme 2419

roughly the same as 2315, just more cup. 2315 is a hair more agressive, but not enough that going from 2419 to 2315 would save a boat that won't perform.

In other words, if it does what you want with the 2419 you should be good. That's almost as aggro as you can get prop wise.

MIKEnNC 11-22-2013 3:39 PM

Man,super excited and nervous at the same time. I really hope it performs well in the morning. Just hours away. So full ballast and full plug n play and wedge down and hope like hell it planes off...... If I'm understanding correctly that is

shawndoggy 11-22-2013 3:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1853793)
Man,super excited and nervous at the same time. I really hope it performs well in the morning. Just hours away. So full ballast and full plug n play and wedge down and hope like hell it planes off...... If I'm understanding correctly that is

yeah but bring some extra weight too to simulate your crew and your "stuff"

dezul 11-22-2013 5:40 PM

Good luck. Have fun.

tn_rider 11-22-2013 6:29 PM

Put at least a 400 in the bow. It will help tremendously.

JetRanger 11-22-2013 7:09 PM

You should demo some other boats too...

And 350 is not enough juice sorry...it may get on plane with the right prop but if you buy a Malibu you will already be "underboated." Don't be underpowered as well.

cwb4me 11-23-2013 4:16 AM

And now the thread is complete.The Jet Ranger has blessed us with his unparalleled knowledge.

dezul 11-23-2013 4:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1853815)
And now the thread is complete.The Jet Ranger has blessed us with his unparalleled knowledge.

Haha. That was my thought too. I was wondering when he was going to chime in.

JetRanger 11-23-2013 4:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1853815)

I just think there are better boats in that segment (A22, RZ2, G21, 210, X25, X10, F22, F21, etc...)

The MXZ has the smallest cabin of any 22' boat not to mention the least storage. There are better surf systems than surfgate, the tower is set too far back, and frankly the boat doesn't wakeboard well unless you add at least 3K in which case the 350 will struggle to get on plane, especially at anything above sea level. The MXZ has a horrible rough water ride, is plagued by Malibu's helm issues, and is prone to taking water over the bow, not that you'd have to worry as since this boat will never plane you'll be riding nose way up all day...

MIKEnNC 11-23-2013 5:24 AM

What Malibu helm issues? About to drive an hour and a half and give it a test. Guess I will know soon

Tnsatbhs 11-23-2013 9:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1853740)
roughly the same as 2315, just more cup. 2315 is a hair more agressive, but not enough that going from 2419 to 2315 would save a boat that won't perform.

In other words, if it does what you want with the 2419 you should be good. That's almost as aggro as you can get prop wise.

2419 is actually .75 cup where the. 2315 is .105 cup. The 2419 would be a little more aggressive torque wise at the expense of a little top speed. 2419 is about as aggressive as you can get torque wise. If this prop can't get the boat to plane nothing will.

shawndoggy 11-23-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnsatbhs (Post 1853830)
2419 is actually .75 cup where the. 2315 is .105 cup. The 2419 would be a little more aggressive torque wise at the expense of a little top speed. 2419 is about as aggressive as you can get torque wise. If this prop can't get the boat to plane nothing will.

my bad you are right. Was thinking of 2313.

dezul 11-23-2013 1:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 1853818)
I just think there are better boats in that segment (A22, RZ2, G21, 210, X25, X10, F22, F21, etc...)

The MXZ has the smallest cabin of any 22' boat not to mention the least storage. There are better surf systems than surfgate, the tower is set too far back, and frankly the boat doesn't wakeboard well unless you add at least 3K in which case the 350 will struggle to get on plane, especially at anything above sea level. The MXZ has a horrible rough water ride, is plagued by Malibu's helm issues, and is prone to taking water over the bow, not that you'd have to worry as since this boat will never plane you'll be riding nose way up all day...

I am pretty sure this is all opinion based. The mxz's look great. If you are going to buy new, I would look at the new LSV's or the T22.

MIKEnNC 11-23-2013 8:51 PM

Ok, long day today, had all ballasts full and additional 750 bags full and no wedge.. Took off, no plane. Sat 250 lbs up front and it would plane. Drained a little out to more like 600 in bags and planed easily with slight bow weight. While that prop does help, it isn't the solution. Without sacks and all ballasts full it does fine but the pnp sacks do need something up front to balance.... I will say the surf wake was very nice and the wakeboard wake was also. I do wish the boat had a bigger engine but the 350 does work but it could be better. I did notice the higher rpms when cruising on the lake with more speed. 4-5000 rpms when throttle was slammed or boat was at top speed. So I do see what people are saying and it turns out that several people are right. It could use a bigger engine but it is manageable with the one it has now. Problem is deal I'm getting is a great deal and color combo and look is sick. The dealer has to fix the Bluetooth but other than that and a good cleaning it's ready to roll. For my skill level and level I will ever reach its all the boat I'll ever need plus I prob won't use it to its full potential. I sure as hell do wish it had the bigger engine though. Just plain tough to figure out and not easy to be 100% happy I guess

MIKEnNC 11-23-2013 8:52 PM

Wander what others would do if in my shoes.....

ralph 11-23-2013 10:26 PM

Buy 300 pounds of lead and put it in the front when you want to run the rear bags. But that's how I roll....

durty_curt 11-24-2013 1:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ralph (Post 1853853)
Buy 300 pounds of lead and put it in the front when you want to run the rear bags. But that's how I roll....

http://www.BombWake.com

JetRanger 11-24-2013 3:34 AM

You are gonna spend 100K and you are not completely happy? Good lord man...order a new one with same color combo and a bigger engine! You are already having second thoughts, you will have regrets for a loooooonnng time.

saceone 11-24-2013 5:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 1853861)
You are gonna spend 100K and you are not completely happy? Good lord man...order a new one with same color combo and a bigger engine! You are already having second thoughts, you will have regrets for a loooooonnng time.

/end thread

DatTexasBoy 11-24-2013 5:44 AM

I agree with JetRanger, If you are not 100% happy do not settle!!!!

With that being said I have a A22 and I run the mushroom sac up front Probably fills to #750-#800, #300 lead and I run a #600 bow sac on top of that. Just FYI.......

Good luck......

MIKEnNC 11-24-2013 5:51 AM

I know I'm probably gonna get blasted but does anyone else have this boat, motor, prop combo on here reading this? If so is gas consumption like stupid crazy being the prop makes it run higher rpms or being that I won't be constantly running weighted crazy like that will it be not that bad... Also would the bigger engine be better on gas or about the same?

bcd 11-24-2013 6:31 AM

Propping down makes the engine run higher RPM's to get the same speed as the higher pitched prop, so you will be burning more gas even unweighted. Weighting it down will just increase fuel burn even more.

JetRanger 11-24-2013 7:00 AM

Why are we even having this discussion, there are several other manufacturers and thousands of other boats...you already sound unhappy with this boat and you haven't even bought it yet!!!!! I hope you do buy this boat so you can remember for the rest of your life the day you never listened to me!!!

chpthril 11-24-2013 7:45 AM

I think someone has hacked Jetranger's account and is now posting logical info.

Mike,

Obviously you like the boat, but feel it needs the larger power plant. This falls in line with what others have commented on. Just spec out a boat with the color, options and engine you want and in 6 weeks, it will arrive. Hell, you might even find the keys in your stocking hung by the chimney with care.

MIKEnNC 11-24-2013 8:15 AM

Lol, I wish man, the thing that compounds this is the stupid low price I'm getting that by agreement I can't disclose... But it really is stupid cheap. Only negative is the motor which works and gets job done, just not as efficiently as I want..l
Great deal, boat, love the look, just wish decision was more cut and dry. Really like the boat a lot , engine working hard is my only drawback, price is phenomenal

illini88 11-24-2013 8:20 AM

The OP hasn't disclosed what the difference in price is between what he's being quoted and what he'd have to pay to get the boat with the bigger motor. He may be getting a big enough discount that it's worth it to him. I can't believe that motor upgrade is cheap, and the OP has stated that his ability doesn't require a slammed boat. I can understand why he'd be questioning how much being able to run that additional weight with ease is really worth to him.

migs 11-24-2013 8:35 AM

If the deal is that "crazy", buy it then sell it for a profit and get the boat you want ordered. If not, get the A22 with the ls3.

DatTexasBoy 11-24-2013 8:42 AM

You have guys like me running the Monsoon 330 with 2313 or 2315 and with 4k+ ballast in it we are only burning 5-6gph. Which I think is pretty decent.

boardman74 11-24-2013 8:53 AM

I say the same as Miguel…If the deal is so crazy that you had to sign a super secret agreement to not disclose the price, then buy it and sell it next summer if your not happy with it.

durty_curt 11-24-2013 10:27 AM

don't worry mike, I won't tell them your numbers they listed, but this deal is unbelievable! I can see this selling in a year after purchase and breaking even if not slight profit with those numbers.

durty_curt 11-24-2013 10:32 AM

BTW when you're running around 1200# just in the rear of the boat you will definitely need bow weight, that's a real simple logic. two 400# in bow will fix that.

brycejb328 11-24-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1853851)
Ok, long day today, had all ballasts full and additional 750 bags full and no wedge.. Took off, no plane. Sat 250 lbs up front and it would plane. Drained a little out to more like 600 in bags and planed easily with slight bow weight. While that prop does help, it isn't the solution. Without sacks and all ballasts full it does fine but the pnp sacks do need something up front to balance.... I will say the surf wake was very nice and the wakeboard wake was also. I do wish the boat had a bigger engine but the 350 does work but it could be better. I did notice the higher rpms when cruising on the lake with more speed. 4-5000 rpms when throttle was slammed or boat was at top speed. So I do see what people are saying and it turns out that several people are right. It could use a bigger engine but it is manageable with the one it has now. Problem is deal I'm getting is a great deal and color combo and look is sick. The dealer has to fix the Bluetooth but other than that and a good cleaning it's ready to roll. For my skill level and level I will ever reach its all the boat I'll ever need plus I prob won't use it to its full potential. I sure as hell do wish it had the bigger engine though. Just plain tough to figure out and not easy to be 100% happy I guess

I hope it didn't come as a surprise that it didnt plane with full 750's in the rear with no bow weight over stock. the 750's in the rear plus stock would be 2k in the rear, wouldn't it? 500 or so over stock seems more reasonable for nose weight with that much in the rear.

brycejb328 11-24-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durty_curt (Post 1853890)
BTW when you're running around 1200# just in the rear of the boat you will definitely need bow weight, that's a real simple logic. two 400# in bow will fix that.

oops... we posted simultaneously!

boardjnky4 11-24-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycejb328 (Post 1853891)
I hope it didn't come as a surprise that it didnt plane with full 750's in the rear with no bow weight over stock. the 750's in the rear plus stock would be 2k in the rear, wouldn't it? 500 or so over stock seems more reasonable for nose weight with that much in the rear.

+1

durty_curt 11-24-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brycejb328 (Post 1853891)

oops you're very Right on the rear weight. I was talking just in plug play ballast alone back there. but your number is more relative in this balancing act of weight distribution. Mike I'm sorry, your demo test was done improperly.

cjh1669 11-24-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetRanger (Post 1853818)

This guy knows zero about this boat. What Malibu helm issues? Wakeboard wake on this boat is great, I'd say as good if not a little better than the a22. Tower position is fine , g3 tower is one of the best towers on the market . Plenty of storage. Pretty much all the Malibu pros ride this boat. The 350 is far too small an engine though

fman 11-24-2013 11:46 AM

I do not have any experience with the MXZ, but I do have a 2013 VLX with Monsoon 350/2315 prop. The VLX is 700 lbs lighter than the MXZ, the Monsoon 350 is adequate for the VLX but if I were purchasing a boat with this weight I would definitely opt for the LS3 engine. I do know someone with a 2013 MXZ that has the Monsoon 350/2315 prop and if had to do it over again would have ordered the LS3. You can always order the boat with less upgrades to bring the cost down that can be added later, the engine is permanent once you take delivery.

I am on my second VLX, not sure about the comments about Malibu lacking quality, helm issues, tower placement, etc... Surfgate is a proven surf system, it works great, although I would not purchase the MXZ for a surf boat in the Malibu lineup. The G3 is rock sold, only issue on the helm I have ever hear about is the seat is a bit low. Its pretty simple to raise up the seat if you feel it is too low.

Just curious, have you considered the new LSV? It has been resdesigned for 2014 and throws a great surfwake and respectable wakeboard wake and will have much more room than the MXZ. I think pricing would be very comparable to the MXZ.

MIKEnNC 11-24-2013 2:33 PM

Boat is crazy good deal, and chris was correct in stating I know zero about boat.... Not experienced with Malibu, I've had and liked nautique but this particular Mxz is just so sick to me... Price is awesome, dealership has been nice to me, and scheme on this Mxz is awesome looking. Boat has four hard ballast tanks, the bow being the factory option 265. I had them put the two 750 bags n rear off of advise of some of u guys. Yes we could get it to plane with ballasts full and bags nearly full with no wedge and having a 250 lb friend sit up front. Take him outta the playpen and no dice. Wake was really nice and well shaped. Surfwave with surfgate and weight was really nice for a primarily wake boarding boat. Wasn't huge fan of the engine higher rpm with that prop at cruising speeds but that is the only negative I can say about it is the fact of smaller engine. Boat has tons of features and add ons and it and trailer are loaded. Deal is phenomenal. Again with my skill set just weighing can I live with it personally. Trying to figure out if gas consumption is gonna b that annoying that I will have to pull out to go get gas and then relaunch just to have a good full day out. Also I don't want to b responsible for keeping Saudi arabians gas fields running. Also can anyone school me on helm issues and advise me if gas consumption will be that much more crazy than most wake boarding gas guzzling boats out there with prop and engine mine will have

JetRanger 11-24-2013 3:01 PM

Very last help thread on my boat decision and purchase

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1853906)
Boat is crazy good deal, and chris was correct in stating I know zero about boat.... Not experienced with Malibu, I've had and liked nautique but this particular Mxz is just so sick to me... Price is awesome, dealership has been nice to me, and scheme on this Mxz is awesome looking. Boat has four hard ballast tanks, the bow being the factory option 265. I had them put the two 750 bags n rear off of advise of some of u guys. Yes we could get it to plane with ballasts full and bags nearly full with no wedge and having a 250 lb friend sit up front. Take him outta the playpen and no dice. Wake was really nice and well shaped. Surfwave with surfgate and weight was really nice for a primarily wake boarding boat. Wasn't huge fan of the engine higher rpm with that prop at cruising speeds but that is the only negative I can say about it is the fact of smaller engine. Boat has tons of features and add ons and it and trailer are loaded. Deal is phenomenal. Again with my skill set just weighing can I live with it personally. Trying to figure out if gas consumption is gonna b that annoying that I will have to pull out to go get gas and then relaunch just to have a good full day out. Also I don't want to b responsible for keeping Saudi arabians gas fields running. Also can anyone school me on helm issues and advise me if gas consumption will be that much more crazy than most wake boarding gas guzzling boats out there with prop and engine mine will have

Why do you even need so much weight if you are a weaker wakeboarder? Run it stock, that will negate your engine concerns and when you progress to an intermediate level buy a X25.

You keep saying how good a deal the boat is, sounds like the dealer is desperate to get rid of it. Are you trying to convince us that is a good deal, or trying to convince yourself?

Of course gas is going to be an issue as is the engine noise from all the high revving until you start burning oil and the pile up the cylinders because you are pushing the engine so hard. 22MXZ has too small a cabin area, very little freeboard when slammed, almost no storage, especially with all that weight you don't need, and all those helm issues the guys on The Malibu Crew are talking about, plus the model is due for an update anytime, meaning the dealer is desperate to get rid of the old generation while it's got some value.

fman 11-24-2013 3:01 PM

I usually cruise to our ride spot at 30 mph at approx 4100 RPMs with the 2315. This is the biggest negative with the 2315 prop, but overall I think what you gain in low end performance is worth sacrificing some top end speed. I also believe the bow ballast in the MXZ is 350lbs. 250 lbs in each rear corner, 400 center and 350 in the bow for 1250 lbs total.

Fuel consumption does not seem to be anything different from when I was running the 1235, I do not need near as much throttle at low end speeds for surfing and wakeboarding as I did with the 1235. This might be why it equals out. We typically only run stock ballast and wedge for wakeboarding, for surfing we run full hard tanks, wedge all the way down and a 600lb sumo sac in each rear locker.

cjh1669 11-24-2013 3:26 PM

I wasn't talking about you mike, I was talking about the ww fool, jet ranger. He has zero clue what he's talking about when it comes to this boat. The "helm issue" they are talking about on malibucrew is only the vtx and lsv, and it's not really an issue as much as a preference. They took away the analogs on those boat, much the same as some mc and nautique models. Take knowledgeable advice and ignore that jack hole. The mxz has plenty of storage, plenty of freeboard( 27" draft) great wakeboard wake, surf wake takes more dialing, and the cabin space is less than avg for a 22 foot boat, but not by much since it has a 102" beam. I would go ls3 with it though. Ignore the jack hole, from what I've read from him he's never even owned his own boat

brycejb328 11-24-2013 3:28 PM

The thing that I find crazy is all the axis guys talking about how much weight they put in those things with either the 330hp (standard) or the 350hp. The MXZ only weighs 400 lb more (published weight) than the axis. I would have a hard time buying that the hull of the mxz is that much different that it takes that much more hp to plane out versus the axis. Also, look at some of the weight people are putting in X stars with the 350 hp....

When you mention gas consumption and the context that you put it in. I would be hard pressed to think anyone uses their boat so much in a single day that they would have to worry about launch/re-launch to fuel up. I'd be too drunk if I spent that much time on the water.

JetRanger 11-24-2013 3:32 PM

C'mon everyone, the 22MXZ has no bow even, the floor is the seat...

JetRanger 11-24-2013 3:35 PM

Let's settle this now, well take a poll, buy or don't buy?

I say don't buy.

Oh, and that's a common sales tactic by sales people, tell the unsuspecting customer that they are getting such a good deal that they aren't even allowed to talk about it...hahaha! Did he make you sign a non-disclosure too?

"Oh yeah this is such a good deal it should be illegal, like if Malibu finds out we won't be able to sell their boats anymore..."

"A fool and his money....."

cjh1669 11-24-2013 3:40 PM

I wouldn't pay more than 83k for it well optioned with the 350. If you're bellow that, and you don't want to throw a lot of weight at it, I'd pull the trigger

bobenglish 11-24-2013 6:06 PM

Mike, I can somewhat relate to your issue. I had essentially the same Indmar motor in an 08 X-star. Granted a different hull and shape. The 350 propped down did fine UNLESS you wanted to run 3K of ballast. 2-2.5K, which is all I ever needed) and it was fine. I ended up upgrading my boat last year in part due to being chronically under powered. So the answer is yes the 350 will work. And yes, you will want a boat with a better power plant within a few years.

I think either way you are fine if the boat is a good deal. But my only advice is do not buy a boat just because it is a good deal. Instead buy a boat you want that is in your price range, even if it is used.

bcd 11-25-2013 11:44 AM

Just because you can pump 4000 # of water into your boat doesn't mean you have to.

axxxiswake 11-25-2013 12:33 PM

You won't need a bigger engine than the 350.

wakebordr11 11-25-2013 1:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKEnNC (Post 1853906)

Mike. You can't add 1500 to the rear of the boat and only add 250 to the front. Add 1500 to the rear and 1000 to the front and then you'll be in business!

MIKEnNC 11-25-2013 4:04 PM

I've got a really slick idea for weight in the front, I'll post pics of the build if I do it and I'm sure it will be duplicated

boardjnky4 11-25-2013 4:25 PM

Definitely post up any mods you do! We need more DIY projects on here

supersonicmi 11-25-2013 11:31 PM

no matter what engine you have it wont plane with all the weight in the back and the engine will just work really hard to keep you moving. I'd start with 50/50 weight on an mxz and then adjust to your liking.

dezul 11-26-2013 3:19 AM

When do we get to see some pics of it?