WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 20, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=249784)
-   -   PANAMA CITY FL...Any good freshwater lakes??? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242167)

goth2o 07-21-2005 1:06 PM

Whats up everyone, well I am moving to the gulf coast from the central coast of Cali, and I was wondering if anyone rides around that area. I have been doing some searching and I have seen a few lakes close by. I dont really wanna put a new Malibu in salt. If all I have is salt in the bay for boating then I will just by an I/O. <BR> <BR>BUT if there are some good local lakes with some god riders I will get the VLX....HELP HELP <BR> <BR>Thanks G

mjmurphy53711 07-21-2005 1:33 PM

two things...... i am not sure of other manufactureers but mastercraft makes salt specific boats just an fyi. <BR> <BR>also, i dont live in panama city but family has a condo there and ive heard there is a nice lake in panama city beach. Im visiting in late september, maybe ill hit you for a pull!

alindquist 07-21-2005 1:36 PM

We ride near Destin, about an 1-1/2 hours away, mostly in the Santa Rosa Sound...There is a few spots near your area, Blackwater River is fresh water I think and probably not too far away. I’ve never been there but I’m told there are a few people that ride there. Get an aluminum trailer and a flush kit on whatever you buy. The boating and party seen is too good to not put your boat in Salt Water. <BR> <BR>We ride all the time around here in the salt...although none of us are that great at wakeboarding...we really excel at drinking beer. <BR>

taylormade 07-21-2005 5:13 PM

I lived in PC for 10 years and there are only like 2 lakes anywhere near it that I was able to find, one's actually brackish in panama city beach and the other's up in lynn haven, forgetting the name of it now, but it's public and often crowded. There's salt a'plenty, though.

goth2o 07-21-2005 5:40 PM

Thanks everyone.....Well it looks like my BU is going to have to wait. I know mastercraft and bu make a closed cooled boat. <BR> <BR>I know if I go out in the gulf I am going to need a bigger hull for those waters and I dont think and short freeboard on a comp boat would do it. <BR> <BR>I guess Reinell or chaparral here I come. I LOVE to ride but I am too really good at the beer thing and I fully understand the party seen (read)HAVASU(going there in 7 days! <BR> <BR>My really close friend greg would kill me if I told him I am not going to get another comp boat, but I guess when in Rome....play in the Salt! <BR> <BR>I have been looking for boat dealers in Panama City but all I can find are those funny looking fishing boats and Yaht's..... <BR> <BR>IF ANYONE is ever in the area email me and I will take you out in the Bay.....

wakeriderixi 08-17-2005 6:05 PM

we ride behind an 02 X-9, 99 wakesetter, and 01 Super Air 210 in the salt water and everythings fine so long as you wash your boat after use. these boats really dont break unless you swamp it or dont clean it.

alindquist 08-18-2005 9:02 AM

Paul, were you the guys in that ski show on Monday at Dockers? If you were, you guys rip... You need to hook up with us some time, we are either in a blue Montery or a Supra SSV. We are going to build a big kicker behind spector island on saturday, have a keg on the beach, you guys should stop by if you want...

wakeriderixi 08-18-2005 10:06 AM

yea thats us.... i dont even know where spector island is though, lol. but i like this kicker idea, we have one sitting on okaloosa island thats alot of fun to hit but its not in the water anymore. will be happy to give it away to someone that will come get it.

bob 08-18-2005 10:40 AM

Hey that almost sounds like a better idea then building one Aaron?? Paul we will be on an island right before hurlburt marina, on the left though. You guys should come by. We are mostly down to earth friendly types who can drink better then we ride. Oh and its Spectre island named after the AC-130H Spectre gunship

wakeriderixi 08-18-2005 10:53 AM

Bayside watersports..... by that closed water park on the island..... My buddy (yellew X-9) owned the waverunner rental place but sold it. The kicker is sitting over in that area, at least the last time I checked. May need a little repair but the basic structure is there, has a good transition. It's a little smaller version of the kicker at Orlando Watersports Complex. <BR>We usually ride in Lake Pippen (malibu wakesetter), on the Bluewater Bay side of the Midbay Bridge.. or, Pequeito Bayou (mastercraft X-9). We're always down to drink as much beer as is in the boat and always happy to be around as many people as possible. If you run across us flag us down, wether I am in the boat or not.. everyones good happy people.

alindquist 08-18-2005 12:17 PM

Paul, is it a floater? How easy would it be to move? Bob get your trailer ready, I think we got a project. How can we get a hold of you, If we can move it we'll get it today or tomorrow. <BR> <BR>If we do that then I'm building a Tiki Bar for the beach out of all the lumber in my Garage... <BR> <BR>You guys should swing by for a few cocktails...

wakeriderixi 08-18-2005 12:34 PM

it floats.... we found a new and better way then the normal barrels most people use...... regular 8x4 foot peices of pink foam from home depot. stack 3 think and for the whole kicker we used 6 sheets. just stack it underneath and your set, floats good. I dont know if the sheets are still there but the kicker should be. its somewhere around 10-12 feet long and 8 feet wide. we towed if from san destin on a regular flat trailor. <BR>to get to it go to the island across from the swamp area..... turn into the entrance by the big closed down waterslide and the boat selling yard, its called bayside watersports unless new management changed name. As your pulling in to the left there is a little concrete bridge over the end of one of the slides into a sand lot where they store the jetskis.... it'll be sitting out in the open. If you do it during hours of operation just say your there to pick up the kicker..... they will be happy to see it go. Any questions just ask..