WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 23, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192984)
-   -   Fun with Kickers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188640)

prestone 08-31-2004 7:55 PM

hey ya i was just buildin a ramp the otherday and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on good angles of incline to built it at and/or types of materials to use for the actual slider. <BR> <BR>Also ways of keeping the wood waterproofed to last fer the season <BR> <BR>right now it is at 7'6'' tall and 10' long and i am planning on useing pvc pipe for the slider itself. <BR> <BR>if anyone could send me pics of their own sliders or plans to sliders it would be appritieated or however you spell that.

prestone 09-02-2004 8:58 PM

anyone have any advice at all on kickers

phaturn 09-03-2004 12:13 PM

use pressure treated wood...........

tallman 09-03-2004 1:49 PM

Ryan, that sounds like it's going to be quite steep. A buddy and I have a kicker that is about six feet high and about 12 feet long and seven feet wide. If I can rember correctly that came out to be a little over 25 degrees. I wish we would have build it less steep because you loose a lot of momentum as you go over it. By the time you get to the top the boat is pulling you which sucks because when you go over the top you have to get your feet back under you. What I'm trying to say is it would be more fun if I didn't have to buckle down and stay really low just to get over the stupid thing. My advice is to try a lesser pitch at first. I will try to take a picture of it tonight and attach it to this post so you can see what it looks like. We used FRP for the top of kicker to make it more slippery <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR>Mark

prestone 09-03-2004 3:15 PM

thanks ya i kicked it out to 14 feet long and im going to use this frp stuff ill try and get a pic of it on here when im done

gdillyfunk69 09-03-2004 5:40 PM

&nbsp;

wake_upppp 09-07-2004 6:27 PM

The one I'm selling is 5 feet high and 14 feet long and 21 inches wide. Not sure what the angle is tho. Aubrey throws a 5 off it in Delta Sessions. Anyone interested can email me about it.

prestone 09-09-2004 12:30 PM

Hey Sparky can i get a pic of it

wake_upppp 09-09-2004 7:11 PM

check ur mail.

tallman 09-10-2004 4:59 AM

Hey Ryan, <BR> <BR>Sorry I didn't get a picture up, but I don't have a picture in my archive of photos. I would have taken a picute last weekend, but I never made it out to go boarding because it has been so incredibly windy. <BR> <BR>If you buy FRP there is several different kinds. Make sure it is completely made out of plastic because some of the stuff has wood mixed in with it and I don't think it will last very long. Another thing I would change about my kicker is we tried the screw the FRP down and Even if you counter sink the srews it still scratches the board. My suggestion would to get some caulking or glue and glue the frp down. That would make it much easier on your board. I was hoping more people would have some insight on how to make a good kicker. I am always looking for a better way of building things. Any ways - good luck! <BR> <BR>Mark