WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 07, 2003 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=85906)
-   -   Durability (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83890)

wakeboardjo 09-25-2003 11:45 AM

Was just wondering how long everyone rides their boards for and how long they last(durability and wearing/fading/not riding well....not breaking). <BR> <BR>I have a 2002 Premier and was just wondering if I should try to get a new board on special or if the one I have now is gonna last a while longer.

aaronlee13 09-25-2003 12:03 PM

i had an 01 that i loved.. rode it till this year, had plans to keep riding the same board cuz it was very good... (till it was stolen) I would upgrade if you outgrown your board.. skill wise, or physically.. or if there is another board out there that you ride better on... Or if you have the extra money... <BR>But if not nothing wrong with keeping your current board...

dococ 09-25-2003 12:35 PM

I have a 2000 Byerly that I have ridden since it was new, and it has a lot of use on it. It is faded and has a lot of scrapes from sliders and bouy bonks, the rails have been repaired but are still true. I recently found a never ridden "leftover" of the same board on closeout, so I bought it, because I wondered if I would get more pop out of a board with a newer core. In actuality, I cannot tell a bit of difference between the two. I know very well that snowboard cores wear out and the boards loose their liveliness over time, but based on my experience with the Byerly boards, I do not believe this phenomenon holds true for foam core wakeboards, as my old beat up one still rides just as well as the brand new one. <BR>It's just my experience, and I'm sure there are others who will want to disagree with me about this. I guess no matter what a person writes over the internet, there are always others out there wanting to disagree!

aaronlee13 09-25-2003 12:51 PM

gotta love those byerly's.. that hat i rode till it was stolen

xtremebordgurl 09-25-2003 9:21 PM

I have an 01 hyperlite Fluid that still works great, we use it as a guest board though it was ridden so much that at the tail its starting to separate. Its fine though and still rides great. I have an 03 Belmont an plan to get another board next summer just cause I haven't found a board yet that suites me really well. I'm looking to demo a bunch this summer, we'll see what happens though. Its really up to when to upgrade. If you absolutely love the board you're riding, and its still rides well, then I'd wear it down to nothing b4 I bought another one. But thats just me.

rootc 09-26-2003 5:27 AM

Depends on how hard you are on your board. If you are going huge and doing lots of double ups then your boards will get soft rather quickly. In this case you would be wise to get a new board every year. If you don't go that big then a new boards every two or three years is a good idea.