WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Cadillac Escalade EXT (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785490)

codykauz 01-14-2011 9:36 AM

Cadillac Escalade EXT

Hey guys, just got an '07 Escalade EXT and was wondering if there were any must haves. I'll be putting on some wheels in the spring, I had 24" Boss 330's, black with a chrome lip, on my avalanche and I'll probably do those again. Considering exhaust and intake, I don't want anything too loud, just a good throaty sound. If there are any other upgrades let me know. I read where one guy had changed his in-dash so he could switch to the backup camera or DVD player while in drive, which I feel like would be pretty nice.

Thanks in Advance,
Cody

grant_west 01-14-2011 9:46 AM

Hey I have a complete bed liner/Rug kit for your EXT if your intrested. I had a 08 or 09 can't remember now.

guido 01-14-2011 10:36 AM

Drive that baby... You're all dialed. Those trucks are killer stock. Even better with some classy wheels.

bruizza 01-14-2011 11:23 AM

Not sure if you are a member of this site but it has all the info you will ever want or need on Avy's and EXTs

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php

01-14-2011 4:58 PM

my yukon didn't come with nav, but i put in a kenwood dvd/nav and back up camera which is a must at night b/c my tint is so dark. had it wired so i can use it while trailering, etc also. IMO, the best upgrade would be a system or electric bed cover, superchip programmer, k&n cold air, borla intake and exhaust, MAF, plug wires, and tbs.do it.

stuey 01-16-2011 10:17 AM

Nice ride... you'll love it.

Power programers work great for these trucks... I used a diablosport on mine and very happy with the results. Gives it a lot more punch when you touch the gas. K&N or Airraid intakes are great and give a nice sound. The exhaust already is deep and throaty so I would recommend the intake and programmer before changing the exhaust... plus exhaust systems are much more expensive than the first two.

Another must do (in my opinion) is change out the ugly normal lights to LED. I changed all of them... DRL, Park light (so ugly from the factory, especially next to the HIDs), licence lights, puddle lights, reverse lights, etc. I even did my dome lights inside. You can get all the bulbs on ebay, makes a big difference.

stuey 01-16-2011 10:20 AM

Oh and as far as the mod to use DVD and see your reverse camera while driving... get a coastaltech lockpick. I have the newest one (but haven;t installed it yet) and it gives you full access to Nav, DVD, reverse camera while driving, as well as it comes with a ipod cord so you can have full control of your ipod from the factory touch sceen. Seems to be a pretty good unit..

01-16-2011 12:12 PM

depending on your cash situation i would choose to do performance or sound first. a chip and cold air will run about 1000.00. a dvd/nav unit will run double that w/o the camera. viper remote start/alarm is great too. you can even turn on your defrosters or other aux systems(window control supposedly breaks the windows easily) so nice getting in a warm car in the winter or a cool car in the summer; especially if you have a dog.

mikeski 01-16-2011 10:55 PM

Maybe some Ed Hardy or Affliction T-shirts to wear while you are driving it...

Sorry I tried really hard to resist but I just couldn't. Just Kidding, all in fun. Seriously I'm jealous. That's a really nice truck, I rode in Grants a few times. It was Grant that did the speed sensor hack on his NAV/DVD/Phone interface. It's more useful so you can input numbers to the phone or NAV while rolling.

codykauz 01-17-2011 7:06 AM

I actually feel like it should be more like Timberlands and a Carhart while patroling my "clients." But I guess some Vajazzled dragon T-Shirts would work as well, I usually associate that more the H2. Strange that they're both GM vehicles...

Anyways, thanks for the input so far guys, I'll post some pictures when it isn't covered in snow and road grime. It hasn't gotten old washing it everyday yet, though. It already has the touch screen Nav/DVD, backup camera, and remote start. The coasteltech deal sounds awesome, the LED's are a good idea, my dad changed all of his over on his Silverado and it did make a big difference. I'll probably look at a K&N or Volant air intake first, and then a programmer I suppose. I don't want anything ridiculous, just some changes to get a little better mileage, help with towing(not that it really needs any), and performance. Luckily those fairly minor upgrades(intake, exhaust, programmer) should do all of what I want without being much of a headache or a huge expense.

radikal 01-23-2011 11:51 PM

Cody you can change the VCIM module in the truck to the new one like that you will have the bluetooth. Also you can buy the device to unlock the dvd, camera and using the keypad while driving. If its black i would suggest to tint your back lights a bit and your all done :)