WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Stolen from my front porch (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788420)

fullspeed 06-24-2011 11:49 AM

Stolen from my front porch

Yesterday I had a CTEK 25000 charger delivered from fed ex. I just bought the charger to install in my boat today at the lake. Well my daughter was home yesterday, but never saw it delivered. I went to ever neighbor and asked them if they had a package from fedex delivered and they said no.

Put a call into fed ex to try to search for it and the driver from fed ex came and talked to me this morning. He showed me where he put it and remembered the house and everything.

Just my luck. I contacted the company I bought it from and they are being nice about things, but they need a case number from fed ex now, which I am now waiting for with the call back

This sucks and was really hoping to install my Kinetik battery in my boat and use my new charger.

I hate people that steal.

cadunkle 06-24-2011 1:18 PM

I hate thieves too. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it so no sense getting angry about it. Had someone steal my welder out of my garage a couple months back. Went out to finish welding a quarter panel on my car, and gone. Still need to get a new one, just irritating but you can't sweat it too much. Crazy they didn't take anything else, maybe they had their hands full... It was heavy.

trace 06-24-2011 1:47 PM

I've had a few things like that stolen. Really sucks, but it makes me feel better to consider that they have been a worthless POS loser their entire lives, and will live out the rest of their days as such.

I've never thought of this, but it would be so easy for thieves to follow a FedEx truck around a neighborhood and watch for boxes that look like they have electronics and other valuables in them with binocs.

wakemitch 06-25-2011 11:04 AM

I am always afraid of that. I always do direct signature with fedex or get things sent to my work so I dont have to worry.

06-25-2011 11:07 AM

Fedex and UPS won't knock anymore like they used to. Now they just leave package and run.

V237TX_Nate 06-25-2011 12:23 PM

I would say put another package on your porch, get a gun, hide and wait. When the theif comes back you shoot him, and help your community by lowering the crime rate.

poser007 06-25-2011 12:41 PM

About a month ago I came out to my car and the window had been smashed in, they took a brand new ipod and I hate to say it but I had $480 bucks in my console and they nabbed it. I know I know I ussually don't leave money in there it was just perfect timing on the thieves side. Always feel violated when someone takes from you. Sorry about that man I know it sucks

baitkiller 06-25-2011 12:54 PM

ship yourself a nice box of dog crap

wakeboardingdad 06-26-2011 7:04 AM

I hate thieves too. One of the worst issues about this happening to you is that Fed will not leave a package ever again. You'll have to be at home or make other arrangements. In other words, your life just got a little more complicated. Also, you can probably bet that this is not the first time in your 'hood. UPS will be the same too.

Regarding the knocking and running, the companies are pushing so much pressure on the drivers, to maintain (actually improve) efficiency, that they have no choice but to knock and run. As for UPS, I am surprised that the Teamsters hasn't put a stop to some of the antics that I hear UPS is doing to their personnel.

bruizza 06-27-2011 3:40 PM

Had a UPS driver deliver a snowboard to an address with the same number as my house only one street over. Gave the package to a kid in the driveway cleaning his car. Called them when I got home and there was no snowboard. The Driver and his supervisor went to the house and talked to the kids parents they even had maps showing GPS dots of stops he made showing him at their house. Told the Dad that the kid was cleaning the car etc.... Dad remembered the kid was cleaning the car blah blah blah. However the kid claimed the UPS driver never gave him the package so even with all the evidence presented to the parents they decided that if the kid said he didn't have it he didn't have it. UPS driver was forced to pay for my replacement board straight from his paycheck. I felt so bad for the driver. I guess my point is if parents don't ever make kids take responsibility for their actions are we really that surprised they steal stuff?

trace 06-28-2011 11:16 AM

I can only hope parents like them eventually pay the price for their pathetic parenting. Maybe that kid will get all worked up over some xmas gift he wanted but didn't get and end up offing the whole family and himself.

fullspeed 06-28-2011 5:58 PM

Well the only good thing out of this is the seller Simple auto Inc. told me that they will send me another one and that it will be here before the weekend. I have not seen a tracking number as of yet, but he says it will ship tomorrow moring.

I did place a police report, but that is just to make the local police aware of the crime in my neighborhood.

I hope it all works out for me in the end.

gunz 06-29-2011 2:55 PM

Had 3 amps delivered to my house last week,they rang the bell,and then knocked,and to my surprise waited til I came to the door ......they also made me sign for it.
They usually just drop and run,but I was glad they didn't.

blatantblunts 06-30-2011 11:56 AM

UPS had my mom sign for my new wakeboard that came the other day. glad to see there are still some decent drivers out there who care haha

fullspeed 06-30-2011 4:59 PM

Just recieved my new CTEK 25000 battery charger today. Thank you Chris at Simple Auto inc. Second time was a charm.

wakeboardingdad 07-02-2011 3:32 PM

Knock and Wait - Usually a hottie comes to the door... from what I have heard.... :D

boatmaster 07-19-2011 5:46 PM

Costco security camera setup

slipknot 07-20-2011 8:00 AM

its a whole new racket, they cruise neiigborhoods and wait for trucks to deliver. My buddy at work had a bunch of ammo stolen on his porch.

Ship your packages to work from now on. i am going to.

magic 07-20-2011 4:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipknot (Post 1694474)
its a whole new racket, they cruise neiigborhoods and wait for trucks to deliver. My buddy at work had a bunch of ammo stolen on his porch.

Ship your packages to work from now on. i am going to.

That is what I do. Might add a day delay for me since I'm at a rather large company, but it means things are not sitting on the front step all day when the wife is not home.