WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Boat Music options this day and age.... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798268)

KLPDEPAEPE 05-23-2013 9:50 PM

Boat Music options this day and age....

Hey guys- What are people doing for music? Pandora? Ipod? CD's? Cassettes? 8 Track? Some new, cool, hip thing, that I am too old to know about? What are some names of pandora like sites? I would not mind paying for a service if is worth it. Searched a little, but seems new stuff is popping up all the time, and like I said, I am about ten years behind the curve....

KLPDEPAEPE 05-23-2013 10:18 PM

working on the spotify thing now....

Dmac420sj 05-23-2013 10:23 PM

Nothing but reggae man.

natedogg 05-23-2013 10:53 PM

I use pandora app on the phone and use my ipod jack or auxiliary cord to plug to the cd player, but lately I am using the ihear radio app because it plays louder and theres no commercials, these are both free apps, and you can make custom stations with any artist in the world, nothing like getting some girls to shake to some rap, but reggae is my fav. Type in Rebelution when you create a station they are a great newer reggae band that is pretty family friendly.

Dmac420sj 05-23-2013 11:18 PM

Now now rebleution been out for like 7 years but they are the best. Should be house hold names in my opinion

KLPDEPAEPE 05-23-2013 11:31 PM

Thanks guys... Spotify is keepin me busy right now but will look at ihear... Thanks!

markj 05-23-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac420sj (Post 1824032)
Now now rebleution been out for like 7 years but they are the best. Should be house hold names in my opinion

Darn straight!

iShredSAN 05-24-2013 7:10 AM

Download the Soundcloud app... Wide variety of songs and many bands/artists have their own page. Best part- completely free and no commercials...

petrie141 05-24-2013 7:13 AM

I still don't have an ipod input. We rock CDs like it's 2003!

When we finally do upgrade the head unit, we'll probably use Pandora. I would love to use the mobile version of spotify, but I'm too cheap to pay for it monthly. Pandora stations include: The Black Keys, Whiskey Myers, Blackberry Smoke, Fun. (for my wife), Ryan Bingham, and more.

brichter14 05-24-2013 7:51 AM

Pandora plays too quietly. We use actual playlists while riding and pandora when chilling cuz you don't need it blaring.

kamighazi 05-24-2013 7:59 AM

Eff a bunch a head unit... Pandora One off the phone straight to the amp!

MICAH_HARPER 05-24-2013 9:05 AM

We Karaoke

wakedaveup 05-24-2013 9:08 AM

+1 for the rebelution pandora station.... oh and karaoke haha

nitrousbird 05-24-2013 10:23 AM

Pandora, music on my iPhone and Sirius.

jarrod 05-24-2013 10:53 AM

Spotify......... It makes Pandora seem antiquated.

KLPDEPAEPE 05-24-2013 12:22 PM

Yeah J-rod- spotify is pretty cool. Checked it out last night and with a little more time hopefully have some playlist for the weekend... Does syncing the songs to a playlist (for when i dont have a signal) in extreme mode really make a difference in sound quality? Thats what i am doing but it is pretty slow... Thanks guys!

natedogg 05-24-2013 1:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac420sj (Post 1824032)

well 7 years is relatively new reggae compared to Marley, Steel Pulse, and so on. Ive seen Rebelution 4 times live and they are the ****.

nitrousbird 05-24-2013 2:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrod (Post 1824120)
Spotify......... It makes Pandora seem antiquated.

Yeah, at $10/month to use a mobile device...PASS.

Jailbreak + Pandora + Pandora Skip Hack = good Pandora. Unlimited skips and no ads. Spotify is awsome but not for $10/month.

Songza is pretty good and free.

DenverRider 05-24-2013 4:32 PM

I load up the 5 year old ipod with free music from frostwire. No cost, no commercials, and nothing but the music I love. After as many years as I've been into music, I've got a ton of favorite songs. Enough to fill up an ipod. It's like having my new / old favorite song play every time the last song (also my favorite) ends. Sometimes new tech is just a solution for a problem that didn't exist. That or a way to get you to pay for something that you already paid for, or can get for free.

westsidarider 05-24-2013 6:40 PM

All you freeloaders are the majority of today's economic downfalls. Sure your not on welfare, your not drawing unemployment, your a "good upstanding citizen". Every one of you expects the best for cheap or free. Then you complain about your jail broken phone running like crap and your speakers blowing because you downloaded crappy quality free songs that distort and destroy speakers

BlazeSr 05-24-2013 9:56 PM

Pandora: Citizen Cope station

nitrousbird 05-25-2013 4:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westsidarider (Post 1824163)
All you freeloaders are the majority of today's economic downfalls. Sure your not on welfare, your not drawing unemployment, your a "good upstanding citizen". Every one of you expects the best for cheap or free. Then you complain about your jail broken phone running like crap and your speakers blowing because you downloaded crappy quality free songs that distort and destroy speakers

- I haven't blown any speakers
- I find plenty of good quality free content
- My jailbroken iPhones (4 in my home, two with active cellular service) all run fine. They ran fine on iOS4, iOS5 and iOS6. Also have a jailbroken iPad that is magically running fine as well.
- Yes, a website full of people that are spending big money on luxury items are the downfall of the economy. It couldn't possibly be the very large number of leaches that suck from the system and don't pay taxes. It has to be us doing most of the damage.

runin90lx 05-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrousbird (Post 1824191)
- I haven't blown any speakers
- I find plenty of good quality free content
- My jailbroken iPhones (4 in my home, two with active cellular service) all run fine. They ran fine on iOS4, iOS5 and iOS6. Also have a jailbroken iPad that is magically running fine as well.
- Yes, a website full of people that are spending big money on luxury items are the downfall of the economy. It couldn't possibly be the very large number of leaches that suck from the system and don't pay taxes. It has to be us doing most of the damage.

true stuff

scottb7 05-26-2013 12:41 PM

The iheart is indeed a bit louder than pandora.

CobraRob 05-26-2013 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westsidarider (Post 1824163)

http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/i...ilies/tard.gif

But to answer the question. MOG for the most part.. Same as spotify with a little better quality downloads.