WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 10, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=234701)
-   -   05 mobius lsv vs. 05 cyclone c4 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232256)

dahmsy686 06-03-2005 8:24 AM

Alright so i have been doing a little research looking for a new boat and I think it is going to come down to either of these two. So i am looking for some opinions on either. I chose these two boats because i like the size and the price! they are both around the same length and width and the prices are fairly close to. <BR> <BR>I can get into a mobius for around 37k and that will include tower racks cd player wake plate and 3 bag ballast. <BR> <BR>I can get a cyclone for around 36k with a tower, cd player, racks and cover. It also has only the center ballast but no rear ballast. It also does not include the trim tab which i really would like to have. <BR> <BR>Basically i am looking for some opinions of fellow riders and owners who have ridden bedhind either of these boats or who own them. If there is anyone in minnesota who owns either of these boats and would like to share their experiences with a fellow minnesotan please do so. <BR> <BR>thanks

npcain1 06-03-2005 8:37 AM

I own the Mobius LS and have been happy so far. Wake is good especially when the ballast is full (800lb) and you have a few human ballasts. I wouldn't say this is a pro-wake but I am certainly not a pro so it fits the type of riding I am capable of. I have watched a few guys on the LSV and the wake is steeper than the LS just due to the placement of the engine. <BR> <BR>I too looked at basically the same two boats when I purchased last year and went with the Mobius due to the price, dealership, number of options I could get for the ching$. <BR> <BR>Matt - I think you should be able to shave a few grand off the LSV price maybe closer to $35 if you hassle the guy a bit. <BR> <BR>Honestly I liked both boats, the cyclone I was looking at was $4K more than my mobius which at the time was pretty much at the limit of my budget. Had I had some more coin I might have went with the cyclone. However I can honestly say I have no regrets one year later (now I can spend the extra $4K on boards, gear, etc)

dahmsy686 06-03-2005 8:42 AM

do you have any pics of the wake on your mobius ls? i am also considerin that one but leaning more towards the v-drive for the sake of interior room. <BR> <BR>I to am also not the best wakeboarder but it is just a fun sport to get involved in and hang out with friends and family so that is why i am looking at these two boats. The wake is not that big of a factor but dont get me wrong i want a good wake. So would the centurion be ok with just the single center ballast or should i consider getting the rear ballast. <BR> <BR>Also anyone please post pics of their 05's and wake pics to <BR> <BR>thanks

npcain1 06-03-2005 9:01 AM

Unfortunately I don't have any on digital only 35MM i think, I'll check this weekend. <BR> <BR>I think the biggest difference between the two in terms of room is the LSV puts you all together near the driver while the LS is a little more spread out. Surprisingly the actual interior room is very good in the LS (one of my concerns as well). There is a lot of room to sprawl out and the boat is nice and wide so having the enginse in the middle doesn't put a cramp in your style. I think my next boat will be a 23' which adds lots of additional room. <BR> <BR>I would get the rear ballast if you can added it even if you don't use it now you will most likely want it later as you get better. <BR> <BR>I have a pic of my '04 under my profile, I can post more this weekend if you want.

dahmsy686 06-03-2005 9:05 AM

another concern i have is the tower height ont he moomba. I am 6'4" so i am very close to the tower how does that work for you? Im not sure on the new centurions with the new tower cus i have not looked at those as in depth as i have with the moombas.

npcain1 06-03-2005 9:59 AM

I am 6'6" and have never really noticed. I guess if you weren't paying attention you could knock your head good but so far so good. I like the swept back look of the tower, also if you have to pass under any bridges the lower height will come in handy, trust me.

dahmsy686 06-03-2005 12:07 PM

anyone else have anything to say about these two boats? i need some more input <BR> <BR>thanks

zboomer 06-03-2005 12:13 PM

My boss bought an '05 Mobius LSV last year, and loves it. No major issues with it, just minor warranty stuff all boats have. Just one more datapoint.

tige_kid 06-03-2005 1:42 PM

I have never ridden in eathier, but i have always liked the look and style of the centurions. i guess what matters is the proformance so my post doesnt really matter.

ridnlow 06-03-2005 1:51 PM

Go ride both of them and then decide which one you want.. Youve narrowed it down by doing your research, now go ride!

marknjenn 06-03-2005 1:53 PM

I really liked the Moomba until I stood in it, there was zero head clearance under the tower. I am 6'4" but even a shorter person would have trouble with speakers installed. Nice boat but that was a deal breaker. Supremes and Sangers are in the same price range and are considerably deeper boats.

ef3529 06-03-2005 3:26 PM

You REALLY need to demo both. They both have totally different wakes and rides. I like the Centurion wake better and the ride is better, but you have to decide what you like. The Cyclone is very steep and has alot of pop. Not everyone likes that. DEMO,DEMO,DEMO <BR> <BR>Also the wake plate does not change the wake on the Cyclone. The hull is a V-hull and the plate only helps some with the ride in the chop.

dahmsy686 06-04-2005 8:04 AM

yeah i know that the plate only helps with the ride in the chop and that is why i want it. I dont want to get beat up in the chop so i think that the plate would help with that but on the centurion that is an option and it seems like you have to order all the other stuff in the storm package to get the plate and the rear ballast. If i am right you need to go all the way up to the storm 3 to get the wake plate and the 2 rear ballast bags together. And that means puttin out more money. This is the way my dealer made it sound to me and he also said i would need to put money down to demo a boat. but the moomba dealer wold take me out anytime anywhere. so that is why im lookin for more opinions

dahmsy686 06-04-2005 8:09 AM

i would like to look at other boats such as the supremes and sangers but there are no dealers in minnesota all we have are supra/moomba, centurion, tige, nautique, malibu and mastercraft. So that leaves me with those choices and thats it... so yeah

air_dooley 06-04-2005 11:06 AM

matt, I also looked at both boats. I ended with the centurion because of the dealer service. The centurion comes with a factory set wakeplate that compliments the shape of the hull and wake when underway. Your concern about chop is a non-issue with the centurion. Either boat imho will suite your needs. You should check out tige,nat,mal,and mc and demo,demo,demo.

krbaugh 06-04-2005 5:21 PM

I can see how dealers would get to the point where they want money down for a demo ride but I just think demo rides are part of the business if you want to sell inboards. <BR> <BR>My dealer does not require deposits <a href="http://www.clarkboat.com" target="_blank">http://www.clarkboat.com</a> <BR> <BR> <BR>The bennet trim tab like all of the other options is available separately or in packages like the storm 3 <BR>