WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   B.O.A.T (Break out another thousand) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782991)

phatboypimp 08-23-2010 1:06 PM

B.O.A.T (Break out another thousand)

(simply a venting email) So I have been taking on water all summer, figured I would get to it sooner or later and expected that my packing was the problem (I don't store my boat in the water). As you would guess, soon my steering became nearly unusable due to the water seeping into the cable.

Blew out my tower speakers at BUMP and figured I would take care of all my little issues. In order to replace the packing and the steering cable, I have to remove my 5 batteries and custom battery box (which is a pain). I also have to remove all of the stereo components under the dash which causes some of its own problems. Get the steering cable installed....score. Pull out the passenger side subs to get to the amps, but because I have the batteries out I can't troubleshoot the problem. My boat is now in 1000 pieces so I decide to do a water test to adjust the packing. Drive 30 miles to the lake to find out that I can't have standing water in my boat because of some mullosk problem. After 45 minute discussion they let me in so I can test the boat out anyway. Get to the ramp, battery is dead....lol. Rookie move. Get a jump box, still nothing. Adjust the packing on the trailer as best I can and head home, charge battery, determine the starter is toast from all of the water I have been running around with this summer. On the way home, the poorly designed trailer I have decided to drop a coupler (it has happened before really bad design) and I had to rebuild the coupler assembly.

FML........Moral of the story, don't take on water (duh).

Now I have to wait for the backordered starter before I can really adjust the packing before I can trouble shoot the stereo and before I can get back on the water. God knows what will happen next. I hope your weekend went better than mine......thanks for listening lol

mattgettel 08-23-2010 1:27 PM

damn bro that sucks. hope things go better in the near future!

shawndoggy 08-23-2010 1:34 PM

proving the timeless adage that it's hard to be a pimp.

phatboypimp 08-23-2010 1:52 PM

Pimpin' aint easy......that should be caliper not coupler. Thanks for the positive thoughts Matt.

polarbill 08-23-2010 2:11 PM

That sounds like a bad string of luck. How long is it suppose to be till you get the starter? If your boat has the 5.7L engine I probably have it on the shelf and can ship it out to you today. Let me know if that helps you at all. If the one you back ordered is going to be ni in the next few days don't worry about it.

montana_sanger 08-23-2010 2:14 PM

Bend Over And Take it !!!

grant_west 08-23-2010 2:28 PM

WOW: Sound's like you had some bud luck. Or mabey it was KARMA for not showing up to your Boy's Clay's Bachlor Party like you said you were. :)

BCPMike0663 08-23-2010 3:56 PM

Since you arn't going to buy the house at tulloch like you should. I guess it is time to step up to the X-25!

bkey79 08-23-2010 4:08 PM

I feel your pain man! Here's my B.O.A.T from a couple months back... Its worth it in the long run!

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781192

phatboypimp 08-23-2010 5:06 PM

All I could think about was a new X-25 all weekend. I was trying to justify a $100K boat in my head so I would have to do this kind of **** for at least five years lol. Plus as Grant mentioned, I missed my boys bachelor party this weekend. Life sux.

phatboypimp 08-23-2010 5:25 PM

Brandon - I followed that thread....I didn't know it was going to follow me lol.

06aw 08-23-2010 6:00 PM

Bankrupt On Another Toy

mikeski 08-23-2010 8:46 PM

Yep, we would have been happy to help out brother out once we returned from the bachelor party. Could have loaned him a charged battery, could have hooked him up with db Alternator and saved him a few bucks on the starter, could have forewarned about the mussel inspection, etc. Moral of the story, stick with your bros!

New boat is just another round of challenges, starting over... Jason's boat is already pimped out with stereo and lights, these are minor repairs compared to starting over. I'll stick with my known issues versus getting started with a whole round of new ones.

phatboypimp 08-23-2010 9:21 PM

Ouch........I love u mikeski good advice as always

bkey79 08-24-2010 7:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatboypimp (Post 1625998)
Brandon - I followed that thread....I didn't know it was going to follow me lol.

Well knock on wood, I think I got all those damn b.o.a.t. grimlins! Don't give up, I love my boat now! Good luck with yours!