WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Lake powell specific web site (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784530)

epic1 10-31-2010 8:31 PM

Lake powell specific web site

What would you want to see? Water temp, level, gas prices, links? What else? Im not looking to retire, I just feel that there is a lack of Powell related sites that ARE NOT fishing related.

downfortheride 10-31-2010 9:27 PM

Right on Colorado! I'm interested to see where this thread will go. I like to see stuff with lots of updates and often, how about a sign on blog to share your upcoming trips and pictures.

brett564 11-01-2010 7:30 AM

I think a weather forecast would be nice. Just a cut and paste from the weather service or something, but something that talks about current wind and temperatures and predicted wind and temperatures.

11-01-2010 7:56 AM

What is wrong with Wayne's Words? Yes it has a fishing section with a current fish report, but it also has more people with more Powell time than any other site... More knowledge is held in that board than any other. Several of the regular posters on that board actually worked on the damn and live in Page. If I were to build a new Lake Powell site I would try to work with Wayne and everyone else. The only real problem with that site is that the forum runs old crappy software.

epic1 11-01-2010 1:54 PM

nothing is wrong with wayne. it is the single best powell site for a reason. I am a poster over there. I just want to take that info, and oay it out in a way that is friendly to wake. I lived in page to, for what its worth. I am trying to work with wayne now to make sure no toes are steped on.

wakeandsnow27 11-01-2010 2:49 PM

the house boat I was on this summer had a really cool poster that mapped out all the camping/anchor spots. It gave a small description of the beach (sandy, rocky, steep, busy, quiet, etc), amount of sun/shade it receives daily, good/bad fishing, and amount of travel time from the marina we were out of (antelope).

I think an interactive map on the website would be very cool....one where you could click on the bay and it would bring up users' uploaded pictures and write ups. Kind of similar to Trip Advisor.

epic1 11-01-2010 6:21 PM

great thoughts, thanks, keep them coming.

mortbike 11-01-2010 9:11 PM

just got back from powell,,, had to get the houseboat ready for winter,, it's getting cold up there!!!!.....
i do like wayneswords, but agree the software is a bit dated, i like to know weather cond. before heading up, but would like to get more personal experience from wakeboarders on cond. and crowds, i pin my houseboat in , so finding sandy beaches is not on my wish list, maybe updated fuel prices, easier way to upload and post pictures, along with a houseboating section for those renting,owning , shared ownership, where tips can be exchanged.....

wakerider111 11-01-2010 11:48 PM

looks like you got something started

wakepowell.com

took my favorite play on words to name it

epic1 11-02-2010 7:23 AM

yeah, I did not want to put it up here, I did not want to get blasted for free advertizeing. Thanks jeremy. The site is up and a work in progress. If you want to check it out, please do and let me know what you think.
www.wakepowell.com

11-02-2010 9:50 AM

Great...

please correct this... it drives me nuts!

YOU'RE STARTING POINT FOR LAKE POWELL WAKEBOARDING

YOUR STARTING POINT FOR LAKE POWELL WAKEBOARDING

phatboypimp 11-02-2010 12:52 PM

One of my favorite functions of the Lake Sammamish website - they have a webcam that shows the current water conditions. It updates every 10 minutes or so, but it is a great snap shot of the water and when its nice gives you a reason to bail out of work :).

http://www.lksamm.com/

downfortheride 11-02-2010 6:10 PM

http://livelakeview.com/

Scroll down a little and you will see all the LP webcams.

epic1 11-02-2010 6:36 PM

sam, thanks, I get those backwards. Any tricks to remember that? thanks guys. the lake powell web cams some times are on, and sometimes not

epic1 11-02-2010 10:47 PM

sam, fixed.

11-03-2010 8:30 AM

Can I suggest free classifieds? As far as I know, currently, the best classified system out there for Lake Powell is KSL out of Utah. I think you could drive a lot of traffic to the site with classifieds...

epic1 11-03-2010 7:25 PM

word, thnaks guys. Would an area to upload pics be cool? I have soft goods on the way, and when I do, I am going to have some kind of pic contest for a hat or something. would you all be into that?

downfortheride 11-04-2010 8:14 AM

Pic place for sure... We all have a little to share of Lake Powell...

epic1 11-05-2010 4:16 PM

Thanks for all your help guys. How about a section to share camping and fav spots on the lake? I am not sure about this, dont want to let any secret spots out! but there are plenty of other secret spots.

epic1 11-08-2010 11:17 PM

ok, I think it is done. What do you all think. I am going to add a news section to one of the pages and some day more soft goods and stickers. Thanks for every ones help. hail wakeworld

epic1 11-08-2010 11:18 PM

wakepowell.com might help

epic1 11-09-2010 6:25 PM

bump. Contest on wakepowell.com I want to give some stuff away.