WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Nautique Model (G23) Thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793044)

Moose99 07-11-2012 8:26 AM

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how much is video worth?
I think this clip says plenty about the G23 wake: http://www.iwake.com/Video/555

stephan 07-11-2012 12:29 PM

Sweet baby jesus that wake is awesome! Clearly that dude shreds but the wake he is working with is certainly not hurting the cause!

mhunter 07-11-2012 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripr (Post 1766366)
I'm not disputing the awesomeness of the boat....but you do understand that these athletes are sponsored in one way or another by Correct Craft, right?

Yes they are . Are you still with Supra?

ripr 07-12-2012 6:06 AM

Yes, I have a Supra, but I do not work for them.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational and after re-reading your post, I think I misinterpreted it. I thought you were saying 'look at what riders are saying about it' when you were actually just saying that you share the sentiments of the athletes on their team...which you're certainly entitled to do. No harm meant.

ripr 07-12-2012 6:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A buddy of mine who works with N3 in Indy just put these up on Facebook.

Sharp color combo! But, I wonder what's up with the stretched trailer?

07-12-2012 7:23 AM

Dang that color combo of THE Ohio State Buckeyes is killer!

Check out this pic...looks like the G23 could swallow the 230 for lunch lol

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4c816-de03-cf5b.jpg

sippi 07-12-2012 7:29 AM

man i would take just about ANY boat that N3 puts out, they get some awesome ones that's for sure. that red one is sickkkk i don't know about the trailer though, never been a fan of the triple axle unless its like a 40ft fountain or something. lr3 is that really a 230? i thought it was a 210 by how small it looks next to the gwagon.

07-12-2012 7:33 AM

It might be a 210, im looking on it on my phone so not clear. I did have a chance to see the G23 trailered next a 230 trailered though and the G23 was a giant compared to the 230.

mhunter 07-12-2012 7:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripr (Post 1766792)
Yes, I have a Supra, but I do not work for them.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational and after re-reading your post, I think I misinterpreted it. I thought you were saying 'look at what riders are saying about it' when you were actually just saying that you share the sentiments of the athletes on their team...which you're certainly entitled to do. No harm meant.

No offence taken I know you were working with [not for] Ultimate Wake in 08 when I was shopping boats . I was just wondering if you continued with Lauderdale Lakes. Lauderdale and N3 are both excellent dealers.
The word on the street is there are more than just the Nautitue riders that think the same about the G . Lets just say CC hit a home run and leave it at that. I hope all is well back in Indiana

ironj32 07-12-2012 7:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
That looks like a 210 to me. In either case, the G23 is massive.

Here are some pics of my crew cab 1/2 ton hooked up to both the 230 and the G23.

snowslider76 07-12-2012 8:57 AM

I rode Jays boat yesterday, loved everything about it! Wake is just sick, crazy, huge and the fit and finish of the boat is just perfect. I have an Xstar and have rode behind 230's and 205V's sacked to sinking levels so I'm not coming off small wakes either. It's hard to describe what the wake is like cause it's not like any other boat I've ever been behind. Yes it's massive but the way it launches you is totally different, it almost feels like you have a cable and harness on that just lifts you straight in the air it never really feels like you take off you are just up there. There isn't the lip punch on it I was expecting you just go straight up and out with minimal effort. The amount of water being displaced from the massive wake and boat just sorta sends you in the air I think.

One other thing I noticed that I wasn't expecting was how much slower it feels like you are going, I ride at 24.5 and it felt like I was going under 20mph, not sure if that's because everything is so damn big or what, pretty sick tho.

The boat drives like a dream too, my Xstar drives like a tank when loaded I'm not complaining thats just how it rides. The G never feels like you are pushing a 5 tons across the lake it just floats along like you are driving a plane on a cloud lol. Just an unreal boat all around!!! Pretty sure I just became a huge wake snob it's going to be hard to ride much else.

Brett_B 07-12-2012 9:36 AM

The orange boat is a 210, it's now owned by a local guy (he is on here too). That picture is from Lally's board bash, a competition here in Ohio a few weeks ago. They pulled all the classes with the G23 and the wake looked great in person.

Wonder if the "OSU" boat from N3 is Urban's? I hear he is a Nautique guy...

dhill 07-12-2012 6:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
N3 guys on the water. Pictures do not do this boat justice. So incredible to see in person. Had to jet before they started riding, so no pics of the wake. An no, it's not Urban's boat, but we know he is a Nautique owner. Guess his daughter is pretty good.

trdon 07-12-2012 8:34 PM

That is the first G23 that I have seen that doesnt have the fake teak colored floor and such. I likke the gray sooooo much better. My personal opinion, the orange stuff just looks like it will make the boat look older. I just see that color padding being a recent fad that will not last. I know some of you guys like it, but it definately isnt for me.

correctcraftdave 07-12-2012 8:48 PM

We have one in the shop right now and pluming in more ballast on top of the stock ballast before delivery. Hoping to get behind it at some point and get some photos of the wake for you guys. Both surf and wakeboard wake. If it works out I'll put the pics up.

ironj32 07-13-2012 2:49 AM

Dave, are you guys doing overflow, or putting in a 4th pump?

boomshot 07-13-2012 5:30 AM

I think the faux teak looks amazing.

I do not think it will hold up well to years of sun though

I think it will peel, and people will replace that stuff with black marine traction/grip tape/surf deck stock when we're in 2020 looking back at 2012-built boats.

The G23 is the best boat any manufacturer has managed to produce, but that red & grey one is the ugliest one I've seen roll out of CC HQ.

wakedaveup 07-13-2012 5:45 AM

Jay- Sorry for the different name and account, my home computer has one account saved and my work computer another. Need to delete one. Anyways, we are using 3 pumps, 3 bags (port, starboard, and belly), check valves, and 3 switches mounted to the dash. Cut the drain holes pretty high so we didn't have to worry about gravity and the I took some pics but my camera phone sucks. I'll post them sometime today.

wakedaveup 07-13-2012 7:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the pluming and pumps. 2 seperate bags under the front seats (plumed together), and 2 1400's in the back (independent pumps). It's got the super charged 550 from PCM so this thing will be pushing about 5500+lbs. The first pics are the bracket and pumps. I also took pics of the hose being ran a long side of the motor. You can see where the fill and drains will be. The next pictures to come will also show the pick ups on the bottom of the boat. The factory pick ups for the ballast are in the front and the aftermarket are the 3 in the back right by the shaft. Should be interesting to see this wake. MASSIVE

wakedaveup 07-13-2012 7:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some dash pics and pluming in the rear lockers. Bags to go in next.

wakedaveup 07-13-2012 7:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics of the front bags and new drain hole in the front for the front sacs

07-13-2012 8:32 AM

Wake pics? PPPPPPPPlease!!!

07-13-2012 8:43 AM

Man I need to really hurry up and find me a rich cougar!!

wakedaveup 07-13-2012 8:57 AM

Scott probably be a few weeks but I will get them at some point. LR3- I FEEL YOU ON THAT ONE haha

ironj32 07-14-2012 7:08 AM

2 - 1400's OR 400's??? I have 2 - 650's in the back and 2 - 210's under bow seats, and then a 375 in the walkway.

ironj32 07-15-2012 3:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the wake with just stock ballast, at 58' @ 22 mph.

10-13-2012 11:36 AM

This is my idea for a 4 pump system.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100905254/S...32.41%20PM.png

wakedaveup 10-13-2012 12:01 PM

^^not a bad set up at all and the 400's in the rear would be nice but with the 550 you could definitely go up to 750's in the rear lockers. Or atleast 500's. This would help you out a bit more for the surf wave. 4 pump system will also help in terms of fill and drain time as opposed to running 3 so I would defintely go with the extra pump.

wakedaveup 10-13-2012 12:03 PM

Im not sure where you are considering mounting the pumps, on the one we did, we made a custom bracket and mounted all the pumps in the rear of the boat. I would want my pumps closest to whichever sacs are the biggest. The more water travels the more time it will take to fill. Your design is good I would just move the pumps to the back.

10-13-2012 12:12 PM

Right on. I was thinking the same thing. I will move the two rear pumps to the back of the boat. Thanks for the advice.

wakedaveup 10-13-2012 12:22 PM

NP and I actually thought that too, I wouldn't move all 4 to the back, if you can mount two towards the front assuming you can gain access than I would go that route and then mount the other 2 pumps in the rear. Good luck man sounds like it's going to be an awesome boat! Post up some pics of course! ;)

10-13-2012 1:19 PM

Revised plans.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/100905254/S...21.31%20PM.png

ironj32 10-13-2012 1:29 PM

If I were you, I'd use the Fly High Seat sac....it's longer and thinner. You will get a lot more storage room on top of it vs the traditional 750 sac. I use them in my G23. They are a perfect fit.

JamesHawk101 10-23-2012 1:33 PM

Not be a downer here but I have been hearing due to the amount of water the boat is moving the drive shaft has been snapping? Has anyone heard of this or had this problem? Also I heard due to the size of the wake that pros and other riders are blowing and hurting knees left and right.

10-23-2012 2:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 (Post 1790906)
Not be a downer here but I have been hearing due to the amount of water the boat is moving the drive shaft has been snapping? Has anyone heard of this or had this problem? Also I heard due to the size of the wake that pros and other riders are blowing and hurting knees left and right.

Guess it depends on your source? Not sure what pros you're talking about, but dont think you can blame the boat on them getting hurt if theyre being booted in the air. Besides #1 build G23 off the production line, how many others have been affected by this issue?

wakebordr11 10-23-2012 3:46 PM

James is 14 years old going pro tomorrow. No, pros haven't been blowing knees left and right, murray jacked his ribs... And no, drive shafts aren't snapping. I almost could guarantee the ears of a NIBRAL prop would tear or change their pitch before the driveshaft snapped - nibral vs stainless, stainless wins every time. You sir are a funny boy.

boardman74 10-23-2012 4:52 PM

I haven't heard anything about breaking drive shafts, even did a search on google. But with that said breaking a driveshaft due to torque, overloading or whatever is nowhere related to bending a prop blade due to the same conditions. The prop blades can easily slip in the water and will never bend due to load. They need to strike something solid while under load to do that. Now the drive shaft is loaded from the engine and the prop and can snap under load in theory. Just haven't heard of it happening. It does happen in high hp go fast boats with outdrives and in V-drive inboard set ups.

Sorry for the side track. But as a novice from Minnesota who has to rely on the inter web for info I can find nothing about broken drive shafts or blown knees from the G!! Sweet rig if a guy has 130K he doesn't know what to do with!!

wakebordr11 10-23-2012 5:27 PM

Offshore boats often break driveshafts when the boat goes airborne and the person on the throttles isn't smooth upon reentry to the water, the prop hits the water and is subject to uneven loads.

Also, the shear key would shear long before you twisted off a prop-shaft, gears in a tranny etc, that's what it's designed for.

JamesHawk101 10-23-2012 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakebordr11 (Post 1790937)
James is 14 years old going pro tomorrow. No, pros haven't been blowing knees left and right, murray jacked his ribs... And no, drive shafts aren't snapping. I almost could guarantee the ears of a NIBRAL prop would tear or change their pitch before the driveshaft snapped - nibral vs stainless, stainless wins every time. You sir are a funny boy.

Not all are blowing knees but they might hurt them. Also I know some people who know a lot of the behind the scenes kinda stuff at Nautique and he said that they are breaking shafts.

wakeworld 10-23-2012 8:06 PM

If you know Nautique "insiders" and they are telling you about these supposed shaft breaks, why would you be asking us about it??

10-23-2012 9:07 PM

I would see transmissions slipping before drive shafts would break. Although it could be shearing at the coupler. Either way i doubt they are having this issue.

Houstonshark 10-23-2012 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 (Post 1790963)
Not all are blowing knees but they might hurt them. Also I know some people who know a lot of the behind the scenes kinda stuff at Nautique and he said that they are breaking shafts.

He must have gotten a PM from MHunter.

brett33 10-24-2012 7:04 AM

^ha! well played sir.

wakedaveup 10-24-2012 7:10 AM

Here at Nautique's of Orlando we have not had a single G come back with a bent or damaged drive shaft, have not heard of any pros blowing out knees (not to say someone hasn't but like stated before, how can you blame a boat or big wake for a blown knee?). Or any other issue for that matter. To those in the area we also have a G23 in stock! If anyone wants to come down and check it out send me a PM.

10-24-2012 7:50 AM

James...have your father drive you over to Orlando from St Pete and test out their G23. Great guys over there at ORL Nautiques

biggator 10-24-2012 7:52 AM

I haven't heard a single thing about damaged drive shafts... sounds like FUD to me. These things certainly aren't 'moving' more water than any other loaded boat. Weight-wise, it's the equivalent of a Malibu LSV with about 3k of extra ballast over stock.. I can't imagine that causing any kind of issue.

simplej 10-24-2012 8:53 AM

There's so many things wrong with that statement^

A 247 lsv weighs 4200 lbs + 3000lbs of ballast = 7200 lbs

G23 weighs 5400 lbs + 2850 in stock ballast = 8250

The lsv has a much flatter hull than the g. The g23 pushes mountains more water than the 247, which is before you even take into account the hull shape...

It would be pretty hard to snap a shaft, although if there was a stress in it I could see it happening, lots of torque + 8250 lbs of boat + gas + gear + people = 9500 lbs it's highly unlikely but I would think it is plausible

schmo 10-24-2012 10:19 AM

simplej,

I don't know about the rest of your argument as I don't have facts on that, but your math is wrong. Biggator stated 3k of *EXTRA* ballast over stock for the LSV. The LSV already has 1450 of stock ballast so:

A 247 lsv weighs 4200 + 1450 stock + 3000 extra ballast = 8650 which is larger than your G23 calculation. Not to mention the wedge causing additional drag.

simplej 10-24-2012 11:46 AM

Fair enough I didn't see the extra ballast, my mistake
From what I understand the wedge becomes useless with that type of weight regardless...
If we're taking apples to apples a 23lsv with all that weight would be 8450 with 53 gallons of fuel on boatd the total becomes 8780 or so, to the g's bone stock 8250 with 65 gallons of gas becomes about 8650. A 130 lb difference favoring the lsv
Compare a 247 to a g25 and the numbers get even more absurd... About 9100 lbs for a 247 lsv with gas and g25 at roughly 9300 lbs
And if a 23lsv wake with 3k extra displaced as much water as the g then pros would be raving About it years ago...

But above all this: how long before wakeboats get banned for causing damage due to the massive wakes...

biggator 10-24-2012 1:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmo (Post 1791066)
simplej,

I don't know about the rest of your argument as I don't have facts on that, but your math is wrong. Biggator stated 3k of *EXTRA* ballast over stock for the LSV. The LSV already has 1450 of stock ballast so:

A 247 lsv weighs 4200 + 1450 stock + 3000 extra ballast = 8650 which is larger than your G23 calculation. Not to mention the wedge causing additional drag.

Thanks, Dave.. that's EXACTLY what I meant.

So, when are you ordering yours?
"-)

NOBODY 10-29-2012 5:38 PM

I don't have the means or facilities to buy a G23, but if I did.....I still wouldn't by it. Tige make a much better product.

scottb7 10-29-2012 5:51 PM

I guess I have this question...Not that I am any good...I pretty much suck...But my question is this: Are the riders actually that much better or is the wake just that much bigger?

juniorhawk 10-31-2012 7:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottb7 (Post 1791899)
I guess I have this question...Not that I am any good...I pretty much suck...But my question is this: Are the riders actually that much better or is the wake just that much bigger?

This is a good question but hard to answer.
In my purely visual and non-scientific method of analysis, it appears to me that the wake is about 15%-25% larger than what I've seen on the closest competitors (the 230 and the X-Star, in this instance). That's very impressive and indicates a true generational leap over the other great boats sold this year (Wakesetter, Supra Launch 24, SAN 230, X-Star). Personally I ALWAYS ride better on a larger wake like this. I have more confidence, more float and more pop. But the confidence is the big factor at work for me personally as an athlete.

I think the bigger boats like this will improve the average rider's abilities, if you consider what is being done behind the current generation of boats, versus the generation that the G23 & G25 bring in to focus. The pros weight their current-gen boats to nearly unsafe levels, and this boat is larger and can simply take more ballast and make an objectively bigger wake. They are going hard behind it, and the videos show and the photos show. I have not seen a single frame of video or image of this boat's wake that was anything short of impressive. In a measurable way, to boot. It's a great way to showcase the boat, and their abilities behind a heavily laden boat in general.

Is it making them better? Whelp... if they are working with better raw materials like this hull, my gut says that yes it does. I know going to a considerably bigger wake made me better, trick-for-trick, and in terms of consistency. I think this is the first in a line of large boats, in that 23'-26' range from the other good manufacturers. It may be a 5 year long span before we see them all, but I am sure bigger boats will be here soon and the level of riding will keep getting more & more bananas. So, personally, yes I do think they are getting better. I think this is giving them new & better options, confidence, stability, and kick that they haven't really seen behind a boat yet. It makes sense as there has been no hull like it before.

ironj32 10-31-2012 8:17 AM

I can attest that the wake is, indeed, "that much bigger". Check out this video, all of the riding was behind a G23 and a SAN230 (maximum ballast...5100 pounds or so). I used to think the SAN230 wake was huge, but you can clearly see there is a size difference. At the :57 sec and 2:09-2:27 marks (along with a few other spots) we're riding the SAN 230. The rest is done behind the G23.

In regards to the amount of air that you get behind them. I think its kind of deceiving, and hard to tell (from my video at least)...the G makes some what of a table top and a monster rooster tail, so I think that video from the boat, doesn't really do it justice. Unfortunately, we didn' get a chance to do any chase boat this year.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/52312157?badge=0&amp;color=ff9933" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/52312157">The 2012 Minnesota Butter Sessions</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user645494">jay</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

501s 10-31-2012 9:18 AM

The hoochie to BS180 at 2:09 is nuts! Soooo huge.

simplej 10-31-2012 10:10 AM

Iron, I was actually thinking that the wake and roost throws off perception, I'm assuming that's you on the One, you don't look that high but you can tell that your up there because your hang time is pretty damn good simply because of the tricks your doing and how slowly (and smoothly) you're doing them.

I find roosters like that somewhat irritating in that respect. Malibu's / axis seen to do that as well, they throw off perception

migs 11-09-2012 8:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another color combo:

11-09-2012 8:53 AM

Cant see the pic but if its their all white one...not a fan

migs 11-09-2012 9:08 AM

Yup all white with light gray.

Tabiggs 04-07-2013 7:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go
2013 g25
Engine 550
10 hours on boat
My Shaft snap like a paper clip

boardman74 04-07-2013 7:49 PM

Better grab a bud light..."here we go"!!!

simplej 04-07-2013 7:52 PM

OHHHHHH SNAP!!!! (see what i did there)

oh and i told you guys it could happen:p:cool:

pennsforest04 04-07-2013 7:58 PM

uh ohh....

King12 04-07-2013 8:03 PM

This has potential

JetRanger 04-07-2013 8:33 PM

JamesHawk was right the whole time!

boardman74 04-07-2013 8:55 PM

You mean his unnamed inside industry source was right. LOL

JetRanger 04-07-2013 9:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boardman74 (Post 1815652)
You mean his unnamed inside industry source was right. LOL

His old man is gonna kill him LOL!

"Son, you're in charge of picking/spec'ing the new boat, but for Gawwwwd sakes James...don't screw this up!!"

"I love you dad..."

bass10after 04-07-2013 10:49 PM

I've heard about broken shafts, but never seen one until now....

JetRanger 04-08-2013 3:07 AM

I heard the shafts were built out of recycled Mastercraft towers and little kids tears.

cwb4me 04-08-2013 3:23 AM

Here we go again!

JetRanger 04-08-2013 3:49 AM

Well it was getting to be a slow news day here at WW; haven't had a good "vs." thread in a while, but this should do nicely.

Houstonshark 04-08-2013 5:47 AM

Looks photoshopped.

Fixable 04-08-2013 5:58 AM

This thread is about to go places.....

Sorry to see that Tbiggs, hopefully you get fixed up ASAP.

skiboarder 04-08-2013 6:14 AM

Eh, stuff happens with all new boats. A boat that large with that much HP will have a few bugs. Better the shaft than the transmission. Did the shear-pin give out? That is an odd break, but I have seen even weirder in all my years around boats.

willyt 04-08-2013 6:21 AM

seaweed salad on that strut...

chattwake 04-08-2013 7:44 AM

My friend who owned a G23 last season told me this was a more common event than people think with the G23 and G25. No, I don't know anything more than that. It's just a comment he made to me. He was aggrivated from the start with is boat, because when he ordered it his build slot got delayed. Then he found out that CC was pushing other G23's ahead of customer boats for their reps/pros, then his boat got delayed further because of speaker grill covers or something, then once he got his boat like a month went by before he found out about the NSS system, which meant he needed to buy some new $2500 option to keep his boat from being obsolete.

I'll say this, all boats have issues. However, I'd be pissed if my $500 prop disappeared and I was looking at a pretty serious warranty claim after spending $125k+. Plus, this is a failure that leaves you stranded in the middle of the lake, with no way to get your boat back on the trailer. Sorry this happened.

simplej 04-08-2013 7:56 AM

He was probably lurking before buying the boat. Remember the last time an honor popped up that this happened to and we flamed him to high hell and he disappeared and we never got any answers? Yea lets not go that route again...

Fixable 04-08-2013 7:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1815692)
My friend who owned a G23 last season told me this was a more common event than people think with the G23 and G25. No, I don't know anything more than that. It's just a comment he made to me. He was aggrivated from the start with is boat, because when he ordered it his build slot got delayed. Then he found out that CC was pushing other G23's ahead of customer boats for their reps/pros, then his boat got delayed further because of speaker grill covers or something,

Same thing happened to my friend...... The boat was almost 2 months late because it kept getting pushed back.

wakebordr11 04-08-2013 8:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iShredSAN (Post 1815693)
Hey TBiggs, I'm not saying it didn't happen but do you by chance have a few more pics from different angles? Surely if you just purchased a $100k+ boat and this happened to it, you would have taken more than just one pic to show the dealer, etc... If this did happen I am sorry but luckily for you it will be replaced at no cost but I do find it weird that you just signed up to WW yesterday and posted in this thread, rather than making a new one showing your problem. How did you know about the supposed "drive shaft issue" from this thread that hadn't had a post since last November?

All I'm saying is a few more pics and explanation of how it happened, etc... Thanks!

He probably did a Google search and found this thread and hit reply. Sounds believable. We'd certainly like to hear from the owner how/when this happened and what the response has been.

First time pics have been shown. Has this popped up on PN yet?

schmo 04-08-2013 9:42 AM

Interesting that so many build dates have been pushed back. A buddy and I put our money down on G23s back in October of last year and had our boats delivered well ahead of the expected date. We took delivery on them in December - less than 2 months from order to delivery.

In that picture, I would like to understand where all the seaweed stuff came from that is wrapped around the shaft casing.