WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Nautique Model (G23) Thread (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793044)

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:05 AM

New Nautique Model (G23) Thread

Well, I made one of the biggest screw-ups I've made since starting WakeWorld when I accidentally deleted the "New Nautique Model Coming Out?" thread, which had a ton of great information, photos and more than 30,000 views. In an effort to re-create some of the more important posts from that thread, I'm relying on the email notifications I received that haven't been deleted from my Deleted folder. If you have something to add or have some old notifications that I'm missing, feel free to add them to the thread. I know we can't bring it back in all it's glory, but hopefully we can get the important stuff back for everybody's reference.

I just want to apologize to everybody that contributed to and viewed the thread. I'm really sorry!!!

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

boomshot...
OMG I can't waaaiit...
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky...fdxeo1_500.gif

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:08 AM

^^^ That wasn't really necessary, but funny! :)

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

LR3w8kbrdr...
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4eaf5-8c2a-b874.jpg

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

jillyjam...
http://i44.tinypic.com/2a0ki2t.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/10podo2.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/29cmo8x.jpg

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Zaphino...
Moomba re-created??
http://i40.tinypic.com/5xtout.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/t8ooxl.jpg

04-27-2012 11:11 AM

1. Game Changer
2. 107,000 MSRP
3. Mackin Wake
4. Most of us will never own one
5. Pulled the Wake Games this year
6. Blew up a transmission
7. For the first time 2 riders landed 1080s in a comp.

If I missed anything feel free to add to it. lol Joking aside, it is a nice boat.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:12 AM

fman...
Quote:

I just saw a picture of the G23, and LOL, wow it really does resemble the Moomba Mojo. Not that the Mojo is a bad looking boat.... Skiers Choice must be stoked to have Nautique using some of there boat design. I would like to see some more pics of the boat inside and out, along with there new ballast system they have come up with.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:13 AM

kenv...
Quote:

Saw the mini pics....Ski MooTique !!!! At first glance...not a bad looking boat....But was really looking for a 25 footer...

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:13 AM

Muns...
Quote:

---quote (originally by kenv)---
sure is puffin' out some smoke in that one pic....diesel!!!!!!
---end quote---

looks like its plowing a ditch in that photo too!

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:14 AM

ixfe...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by fman)---
...wow it really does resemble the Moomba Mojo. Skiers Choice must be stoked to have Nautique using some of there boat design.
---End Quote---
You could make the argument that SC copied CC first when they ripped off the FCT5 tower...

shawndoggy 04-27-2012 11:14 AM

G23 Thread Summary Haiku

the wake is mackin,

and it is very expensive,

would own if given.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:14 AM

mojo...
Quote:

The real base asking price is going to be 10k or less than 107. The zr engine will be around 3500-4500. It's not unreasonable when compared to other boats. Plus this one is by far ahead of the game.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:15 AM

lfadam...
Quote:

I was going to ask what 2 others have now mentioned. Why are boat manufacturers butchering sun pads now? A few years ago most boats had a nice 3 panel sun pad where you could lay down/sit and you could open either the engine hatch, or starboard/port compartments without moving people/gear from the other 2 areas.

Fast forward to now and boat manufacturers are making these crazy angular broken up sun pads that you cant lay on anymore. Even with a filler cushion option, seems like a band aid fix. Why do you need a walk through? The sun pad cushions are not lava that you cant step on. And why did Malibu (and maybe others) go to a 2 panel design? How does that make any sense when you have 3 compartments? You cant get to the engine without opening 2 doors vs 1, and the doors are huge. You have to move more boards/people/gear to get into a compartment than if you had 3 doors.

This is a trend Ive noticed and am really curious who is the customer base asking for it and why? It makes no sense to me

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:15 AM

MattieK27...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by TroyD)---
Although I haven't been in either boat yet, as someone that will be shopping this price range, I am disappointed that this new Nautique was not the XStar killer I was hoping it to be.
---End Quote---
How is this not an xstar killer?

Production ready boat, large wake WITH A CLEAN LIP (photos and video to document), and a smaller price tag than the xstar. Seems like a winner to me, and that doesn't even take into account how ugly the new xstar is.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:16 AM

srock...
Quote:

Again, I love to see a new product released.

I'll concede that you may be right on the floor cooler. Its my be the lesser of evils on something that is in constant use. Something or someone is always in the way of the storage where ever it is located. Every built-in cooler I have ever owned melted ice so quickly it was of no practical use as a cooler. Any built in cooler with exceptional insulation would be welcome otherwise its just dry storage.

I loved the 216V interior layout but obviously not enough others did. I guess I'm still waiting for the holy grail...the ultimate cross-over boat.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:16 AM

polarbill...
Quote:

Again, I love to see a new product released.

I'll concede that you may be right on the floor cooler. Its my be the lesser of evils on something that is in constant use. Something or someone is always in the way of the storage where ever it is located. Every built-in cooler I have ever owned melted ice so quickly it was of no practical use as a cooler. Any built in cooler with exceptional insulation would be welcome otherwise its just dry storage.

I loved the 216V interior layout but obviously not enough others did. I guess I'm still waiting for the holy grail...the ultimate cross-over boat.
---End Quote---
Hey, for the price of these new boats I have the perfect cross over boats for you.

skiing-Take your pick of an early 90's PS190 or Nautique 196 for 10-15k wakeboarding-take your pick of original SAN210, 205V or Malibu VLX for 20-30k Wakesurfing-take your pick of Avalanche, Tige 22v or 24v for 30-35k.

Boom, for about 60k you get the best of all worlds. Then you can spend the 20k you saved on a tow vehicle or the extra insurance and storage costs. ultimate crossover ability.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:17 AM

FunkyBunch...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by smylie)---
Can someone please tell me why the engine options are $5000 for an extra 50hp and $20,000 for 200hp more? These are all basically the same GM Crate motor. The difference in price should be more like $500 for 50hp or $2000 for 200hp. How these guys get by with charging this much for engine upgrades is ridiculous.
---End Quote---
A supercharged engine that is built to last the long haul is expensive to build. Most engines with forced induction have a shorter life span due to the increased internal pressure and heat. Not to mention adding 200hp to anything over 300hp to start gets expensive in a hurry. This seems reasonable to me considering what it cost to take a LSX to over 500hp in a car.

A supercharger can run for an LSX engine anywhere from 4,500 to 7,000 plus all the parts and labor that need to be beefed up to make it last.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:18 AM

tdc_worm...
Quote:

a naturally aspirated big block like the 7.4L that Ilmoor is using would seem to be a more economical and realiable option than a $20k supercharged small block...

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:23 AM

The night of the unveiling of this boat I put up this photo gallery: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...unveiling.html

FunkyBunch 04-27-2012 11:23 AM

David pm me maybe I can help you restore the whole thread.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:24 AM

dlamont...
Quote:

is there any info on how the tower folds down? If that boat is 5400lbs with 2800lbs of ballast, I would guess the only engine option will be the 550, right?
lots of cool features on the boat, I like the in-floor cooler, rope holder up top, and center walk-thru. Not sure if it will make my 1080s any easier though.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:24 AM

tampawake...
Quote:

It looks low because the boat is so deep or thats my guess. Same thing on the new Tige Z3 from outside the bim looks low but the boat is so damn deep it really is the normal height. Just a guess never seen the boat in person.

---Quote (Originally by ixfe)---
I don't believe in valuation of this boat. $135K is crazy talk.

Plus, that Z5 bimini looks really low. I don't want to have duck to get under my bimini, so I'm out.
http://images.starpulse.com/news/blo...shark-tank.jpg

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:25 AM

johnny_defacto...
Quote:

I like how high up the bow is off the water. Looks like you could put a ton of weight up there if you want and never have to worry about dipping the nose.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:26 AM

motosurf237...
Quote:

Yeah, the whole thing is very tall above the water, yet the draft is only 25". It looks very different when you're in the water getting a pull because it's so tall. Looks crazy tall on the trailer too. The tower folds forward, but I couldn't get an exact height of the boat on the trailer other than "around 8 feet." That's definitely going to be a factor for people that want to keep it in their garage, especially if it's right at or just over 8 feet. Here are some shots of it on the trailer, which is not your conventional wake boat trailer setup because the sides of the boat are so wide (102") and deep. It actually sits above the tires. Pics below...

The bimini is low, but seems to be at a good height to me. I like the way it dips in the front, which is great to keep the sun off the driver's face. I never really understood why someone would want to walk under their bimini. I'm 6'4" and if I'm walking under my bimini than it's not providing me with shade when I'm sitting in the boat. I want that bimini low to maximize my shade. Maybe that's just me because I'm usually riding in extremely toasty conditions.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics from my day at Shaun Murray's Boarding School the day before they showed it off to the rest ofo the media...

Attachment 21798

Attachment 21799

Attachment 21800

Attachment 21801

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:41 AM

dhill...
Quote:

that is one pimped out trailer. love how the paint matches the boat design. though my ass would miss the guide posts :)

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:42 AM

johnny_defacto...
Quote:

looks good dave. Thanks for the pictures.... especially of the wake maker area. I know you can't predict the wake characteristics solely based on the shape of the rear of the hull, but it sure looks like the wake is going to be a bit more rampy than the typical nautique. I could be wrong, but usually the flatter the hull at the rear (malibu, axis, xstar) the rampier the wake. Conversely, the more of a v-back of the hull (mb comes to mind) the steeper the wake shape. But looking at the limited wake angles from the g23 videos, the wake looks of the steeper persuasion.

I think I saw a picture somewhere that shows one of the filler cushions in place, it was huge, and all white.... looked terrible. I will go looking for that picture.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:42 AM

jason95gt...
Quote:

I have heard that the wake is like a 2003-2011 X-Star with 3000lbs of ballast.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:43 AM

Big_Mick...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by humboldt9)---
From the pics it looks like it would be a bitch to load gear and actually get in the boat from the trailer... The thing is huge! That being said if I had the money to afford one that would be the least of my worries....
---End Quote---
I guess the ladder from the swim platform will help with that though

wakereviews...
Quote:

I think they knocked it out of the park. Love the looks, wake looks mackin', Nice work Nautique!!!

flapjack...
Quote:

These are great pictures. I don't know if these changes are going to make a discernible difference, but it is nice to see someone trying some "different" things to make a wake hull.

Most wake boats I look at have very minor hull differences from their ski boat ancestors.

http://i42.tinypic.com/122j3ug.jpg

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:44 AM

cjh1669...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by illini88)---
smart move on Nautique's part bringing this out as a 2013 model. If dealers get stuck with inventory that doesn't sell right away, they'll still be the current model year when next season rolls around ---End Quote--- That won't happen till next year at the earliest, from what I've heard most large dealers are only ordering one per month, and the one I talked to had sold his through July already. Once they go into normal production in the fall then you will see more floor models

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:44 AM

aarond0083...
Quote:

Word on Planet Nautique is there will be a G25 released later in the year. Wonder how much that will cost?

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:45 AM

simplej...
Quote:

Never thought I'd say this but I kind of hope the new star comes out and silences all nautique knob gobbling a bit. Not that it isn't a huge wake but I mean c'mon we get it... You're beating a dead horse at this point

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:45 AM

fman...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by simplej)---
Never thought I'd say this but I kind of hope the new star comes out and silences all nautique knob gobbling a bit. Not that it isn't a huge wake but I mean c'mon we get it... You're beating a dead horse at this point ---End Quote--- I think the X-star has a long way to go, infact MC might be scratching there head right now :confused: The G23 is beautiful boat, so well thought out and engineered.... it does produce a massive wake, everything MC was hoping for in there X-star. Envious of people who are ordering them!

If people are paying $130-140k for this boat more power to Nautique, If I was 24 years old again and actually could afford one how sweet it would have been! I am hoping to see one out in Nor-Cal this year, but I am really praying its not towing tubes around the lake... how disappointing that would be!!!

That green and black G23 looks sick! I like the boat more every time I see a new picture of it...

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:46 AM

simplej...
Quote:

^ aint gonna happen. The wakes of the vids they put out werent even close and the boat was full of sacks everywhere. If the G23 were to get sacked out - forget about it.
---End Quote---
Sorry chief but it's comments like this that are making think about the New star coming out and upping the ante, again... Plus that boat is supposedly 1000 over stock... Even if the star had sacks it may not even be close to pushing the same kind of weight that nautique is and it's still throwing a mackin . Sorry, I like the boat and the wake looks sick but c'mon I don't need to publicity about it every time I check alliance.

This boat is the king for now. But mc must have something comin, if theyve gone quiet for this long it's either because something is seriously wrong or because they're getting it absolutely perfect and they want it to have the biggest baddest wake in the game

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course, I have to put this pic back up of me riding behind the G23 at Murray's camp... :)

Attachment 21802

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:50 AM

ralph...
Quote:

Legit method brosif

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:51 AM

TroyD...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by simplej)---
Sorry chief but it's comments like this that are making think about the New star coming out and upping the ante, again... Plus that boat is supposedly 1000 over stock... Even if the star had sacks it may not even be close to pushing the same kind of weight that nautique is and it's still throwing a mackin . Sorry, I like the boat and the wake looks sick but c'mon I don't need to publicity about it every time I check alliance.

This boat is the king for now. But mc must have something comin, if theyve gone quiet for this long it's either because something is seriously wrong or because they're getting it absolutely perfect and they want it to have the biggest baddest wake in the game ---End Quote--- So did MC get wind of this boat and go back to the drawing board? I like to see the big players pushing each other like this. We know MC knows how to make a wake, so, a complete redesign for the Star? The new-new Star? Time will tell. Am liking the G23 more and more but I won't be able to get one before summer, so another season with the 210 until I see what more MC an CC come out with.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:52 AM

polarbill...
Quote:

Not that it matters to people that can afford that boat but that thing has to burn some serious petrol. 5500 pounds, plus 2750, plus 1800 plus ~1000 in fuel and gear. Damn son. That thing must need at the very absolute minimum the 409 and maybe something bigger. 375+ hp turbo diesel yanmar or cummings would be pretty sick in one of those. what is another 5 or 10k when you are spending 130?

By the way that pic of the green one is sick. The interior and walk through is already growing on me.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:53 AM

ixfe...
Quote:

short video of Dallas Friday behind the G23 at Wake Games. Good shot of the wake at 1:26

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/wake...etition/vGss2/

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:54 AM

tdc_worm...
Quote:

on the topic of hook:

it is my understanding that most of the wakeboats built today do not have hook at the transom...and have some sort of a wake plate to compensate for that. the original purpose of hook was twofold:

1) to force the bow down and the transom up, reducing bow rise and
2) to increase the wetted surface of the boat, thereby decreasing displacement and reducing wake size for slalomers....

when on plane, the hook has little to do with hull displacement as the hull, regardless of ballast or drag hardware, is going to move in the direction of least resistance, which is towards the less dense medium...in this case the air above the water. if the lack of hook, or the "Convex V" actually acted to drag the hull down because of negative pressure, then the hull would never get on plane, and in theory, would eventually sink itself when the negative pressure created at speed overcame the buoyancy created by Archimedes principle.

trim tabs, in essence, create a hook at the transom. clearly the industry has found a way to implement them as wake shapers as well....

any who, that is my limited knowledge on fluid dynamics and nautical engineering...somebody with more knowledge than myself should pipe in....

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:55 AM

cwb4me...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by tdc_worm)---
on the topic of hook:

it is my understanding that most of the wakeboats built today do not have hook at the transom...and have some sort of a wake plate to compensate for that. the original purpose of hook was twofold:

1) to force the bow down and the transom up, reducing bow rise and
2) to increase the wetted surface of the boat, thereby decreasing displacement and reducing wake size for slalomers....

when on plane, the hook has little to do with hull displacement as the hull, regardless of ballast or drag hardware, is going to move in the direction of least resistance, which is towards the less dense medium...in this case the air above the water. if the lack of hook, or the "Convex V" actually acted to drag the hull down because of negative pressure, then the hull would never get on plane, and in theory, would eventually sink itself when the negative pressure created at speed overcame the buoyancy created by Archimedes principle.

trim tabs, in essence, create a hook at the transom. clearly the industry has found a way to implement them as wake shapers as well....

any who, that is my limited knowledge on fluid dynamics and nautical engineering...somebody with more knowledge than myself should pipe in....
---End Quote---
The convex v hull has nothing to do with negative pressure.It has to do with the middle of the hull being deeper in the water than the transom.When you apply forward momentum the transom sinks down because it's higher in the water than the middle of the hull.Just like the bow sinks when you let off the throttle or reverse fast.

mhunter...
Quote:

Official Correct Craft Press Release ---->

ORLANDO, FLA (April 16, 2012) — For the first time ever, anywhere in the world in a wakeboarding competition, a wake-to-wake 1080 was landed at the Nautique Wake Games this past weekend in Orlando, Florida. This never before achieved feat was made possible by the revolutionary wake of the new Super Air Nautique G23. Then, as if to prove it was not a fluke, a second wakeboarder landed the same trick again. From never happening before to happening twice in one day in the Super Air Nautique G23’s debut.

The Nautique Wake Games showcased the revolutionary wake of the Super Air Nautique G23 with the best wakeboard athletes in the world competing. Harley Clifford (Australia) was the first wakeboarder to land a wake-to-wake 1080 followed by Oli Derome (Canada) who went out and stuck the second 1080 after Clifford. Fans went wild as they lined the shore and watched history go down behind the G23.

“It was amazing to watch history being made when two incredible athletes landed back-to-back 1080’s behind the revolutionary Super Air Nautique G23 this past weekend. This had never happened before so to see it happen twice in one day was amazing,” stated Nautique CEO Bill Yeargin. “Only Nautique could produce a game-changing wake boat that has immediately redefined the industry standard,” Yeargin added.

jrich...
Quote:

the g 23 is a sick boat for sure. i was able to check a couple of them out this weekend at wake games. not that i would ever be able to afford one but there were a couple of things i wasnt impressed with. first, the bimini super low. im 5'9 and i could not stat under it without bending my knees, second it is almost impossible to climb into the boat while it is on the trailer. last, i opened the hatch on the floor behind the cooler hatch and it looked like there was about 3'' of some sort of gear oil in he bottom of the compartment. i know all of these are pretty much prototypes but if it were me i wouldnt leave it sitting around for people to check out if there was a problem as obvious as that. And btw the weather conditions were horrible saturday and 10's were still being thrown down. it does put out one hell of a wake. i'm sure there a a few bugs left to work out though.

mhunter...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by cjh1669)---
I love my over the tower bimini, and the G23's normal bimini is an over the tower. They are easy to put up, they are easy to take down and easy to add surf pockets. Normal biminis are none of the above. Also people aren't always sitting in the boat, they move around and loss of head room sucks. Honestly I think a low bimini like the z5 would be terrible. Luckily that's not the only option ---End Quote--- Do you have any pictures of the surf pockets?

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:56 AM

cjh1669...
Quote:

---Quote (Originally by mhunter)---
Do you have any pictures of the surf pockets?
---End Quote---
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...urfpockets.jpg

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:56 AM

mhunter...
Quote:

Are they just a loop that the board slides through? Where do you get surf pockets?

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:57 AM

mhunter...
Quote:

I found them on the Tige forum . Very cool I have a factory cargo net on the back that works pretty good but the surf pockets look even better. My wife will see about the material to modify my bimini it doesn't look too bad to do.

Thanks for the info.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:57 AM

cjh1669...
Quote:

Most canvas shops do them with vinyl under them, to protect the bimini, for around $350. Much Cheaper than a Z5 and they can be put away.

wakeworld 04-27-2012 11:59 AM

That's all the posts I salvaged from the original thread. Obviously, it's incomplete. I'm especially bummed because I didn't have Shaun Murray's post where he complimented my riding! :) If you have something that you think should be added, forward it to me. If you asked a question in the original thread and it didn't get posted above, ask it again. Sorry for the mess folks!!

sippi 04-27-2012 12:06 PM

that thing sits super high on the trailer above the fenders, but i guess it has to be huh. if its 102" at the width of the boat, if you go like 6" out to allow the boat to sit down further, then you would have to two this thing with an oversized load flag on either side and have a permit just to tow it!

boomshot 04-27-2012 6:03 PM

David, Mr. Williams, I think it is really cool and conscientious for you to have tried to revive the thread. It's a testament to how you run this web site.

I had a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot to say in this thread and it's stinky that it is gone but I for one don't blame you and I think its awesome that you even did what you already did. Surprised that Google archive didn't pick it up. It was online for awhile and was getting picked up in organic search results on Google.

Thanks for trying. Sorry that it happened.

Best,
Truth

hillbilly 04-27-2012 11:33 PM

I asked a rider from wake games what they thought aboutthe G23. They said it was a nice wake, but no game changer. Said it's the best Nautique wake ever though.

Thing seems awfully heavy......it better throw a good wake!

mhunter 04-28-2012 4:29 AM

Who was the rider? What boat did they think put out a better wake?

MattieK27 04-28-2012 8:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1747967)
Who was the rider? What boat did they think put out a better wake?

Here we go again...

Seriously, where in that post does it say the rider claimed a different boat had a better wake? The rider said it wasn't the game changer Nautique has billed it as, period. Have you rode behind a G23 yet?

durty_curt 04-28-2012 3:24 PM

I'm sorry Dave but its just not the same. Kinda miss scrolling through 6 pages of comments

hillbilly 04-28-2012 10:55 PM

I didn't ask the rider what wakes were better, no need to I didn't ask him to bash the G23. I asked for his opinion. Everyone has different preferences in a wake.
I own a Moomba LSV so my opinion probably shouldn't count.......And it throws out a fine wake. No game changer but also not 100k

mhunter 04-29-2012 2:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 1747964)
I asked a rider from wake games what they thought aboutthe G23. They said it was a nice wake, but no game changer. Said it's the best Nautique wake ever though.

Thing seems awfully heavy......it better throw a good wake!

First the term ''a rider '' without any indication of who the rider is and what qualifies him to make such a comment holds no water with me ,
The term Game Changer is not mine. It came from Shaun Murray . Do you want to question his qualifications to make such a judgement?

The unknown person thinks its the best Nautique wake ever . As compared to what ?
Is he saying that Nautique has the best wake?
Is he saying that its the best wake for a Nautique but still not as good as a ?

Some of you are so eager to bash this boat you will take any opportunity to throw a stone even if its at me . Show me the facts otherwise the opinion means nothing and your backing means even less.

Matt quote
Have you rode behind a G23 yet?
My dealer will get one next month I will test it then.

ixfe 04-29-2012 2:52 PM

I must admit to chuckling as I follow yet another mhunter/nautique soap opera. One gets deleted, and without missing a beat another one pops up. Only 29,000 views to go! I have no doubt we'll get there.

But I am curious about something... who's more upset about the original thread getting deleted... Nautique or mhunter? We should do a poll.

simplej 04-29-2012 3:52 PM

Wow mhunter....

In direct reply to your comments
Shaun Murray is paid by nautique, his comments, while enthusiastic and well respected are going to be biased. That doesn't mean they're wrong but there's gonna be bias

Some of us with connections don't necessarily want to share. Maybe he's protecting the rides anonymity out of respect.

A lot of riders dislike the nautique wake because of how narrow and steep it is, so if that's changed then yes it makes sense that this would be considered they're best wake ever. Oh wait sorry do I need I name my connections to be correct? Too damn bad. I have respect for their opinions.

Don't be so butt hurt about this, do you even own one?

mhunter 04-29-2012 7:27 PM

.'' Maybe he's protecting the rides anonymity out of respect.'' Or maybe they dont exist?
All I hear out of most of you is blah blah blah, cry cry cry ,I think , someone said , hate hate hate . Let me know when you get some facts.

Don't be so butt hurt about this, do you even own one?
Own what?

DBC good to hear from you again how is that BU doing?

hillbilly 04-29-2012 9:47 PM

The rider is real
Why would I tell you his name? I asked said rider as a friend. He gave me his opinion and I accept it.
He didn't bash the boat? Where is the problem in my post?
I said it's heavy it better throw a good wake not him.
MHunter put your man panties on and accept the fact others might not think the G23 is the "Holy Grail"
And I hope your dealer lets you get that set behind the G23, I think that would make you very happy.
Sorry Dave......I've been missing Babygirl but SpringRide is next weekend!
Lol

superair502 04-29-2012 10:30 PM

Dude watch the wakegames video of Harley phil and bob and tell me that isn't the biggest competition wake you have seen. They are falling out of mobe 7s 3 feet off the water!!! One of my good friends rode it at wakegames as well and said it was the best he's ever hit also not as steep as nautiques have historically been

mhunter 04-30-2012 4:24 AM

MHunter put your man panties on and accept the fact others might not think the G23 is the "Holy Grail"
And I hope your dealer lets you get that set behind the G23.
I hope you get to ride behind a G23 also . Once you actuality ride it you think the mystery rider is wrong.

simplej 04-30-2012 5:15 AM

Own what? You better have a g23 on order with the amount of fighting you're doing about it because again, you're getting pretty butt hurt whenever anyone makes a comment that might be able to be interpreted as negative...

You're arguing about a boat you haven't ridden behind, the riders usually have pretty good opinions, if the rider thinks the wake is only as good as a super heavy x star that's his opinion you don't have to accept it but you don't have to blast him.

sippi 04-30-2012 6:20 AM

I'd say it throws a good d-up!!! he almost over rotates this too! quit cryin and go wakeboard!

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/dub...angley-dub-x3/

chattwake 04-30-2012 6:37 AM

For the price tag, I hope the wake's better than what I can get out of an A22 with 4k in ballast in it...

I can't wait to ride behind one so I can see what all the fuss is about!

mhunter 04-30-2012 6:40 AM

''if the rider thinks the wake is only as good as a super heavy x star that's his opinion you don't have to accept it but you don't have to blast him. ''

Is that what the mystery rider said?
Blast him? I only asked who he was and what credentials he has . If the comment is coming from a 13 year old Jr it doesn't have the same impact as a seasoned professional.

No I dont have a G23 on order nor am I planning on getting one . As I have already stated in the deleted thread the G23 is not my cup of tea . My opinions are based on the statements of the Pro riders , Professional publications , News media and the reputation of Correct Craft for ground breaking introductions to the tow boat industry. Maybe that doesn't stack up to the opinion of an unknown rider for you. But its plenty good enough for me.
Lets face it guys the G23 is the best in its class and no matter how many insults and negative comments you try to come up with nothing has changed that fact.

MattieK27 04-30-2012 6:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748213)
Blast him? I only asked who he was and what credentials he has . If the comment is coming from a 13 year old Jr it doesn't have the same impact as a seasoned professional.

How much weight does the credentials of a Nautique fanboy carry?

Quote:

No I dont have a G23 on order nor am I planning on getting one . As I have already stated in the deleted thread the G23 is not my cup of tea . My opinions are based on the statements of the Pro riders , Professional publications , News media and the reputation of Correct Craft for ground breaking introductions to the tow boat industry. Maybe that doesn't stack up to the opinion of an unknown rider for you. But its plenty good enough for me.
Lets face it guys the G23 is the best in its class and no matter how many insults and negative comments you try to come up with nothing has changed that fact.

Your opinions? You have no opinion, you are a talking puppet for your favorite brand. Insults and negative comments? Where? I have not read one post about the G23 that I would consider insulting or overly negative. Perhaps more posting on CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique, less posting here. You boarder on ridiculous at this point.

9645glazier 04-30-2012 7:07 AM

Quote:

''if the rider thinks the wake is only as good as a super heavy x star that's his opinion you don't have to accept it but you don't have to blast him. ''

You are a god damn fool. Have you ridden behind the boat?

We're all excited about the boat, but you really just look like an idiot with your fanboy bull****.

simplej 04-30-2012 7:18 AM

Ill have a new z3/f24/ completely decked out a22 and a new loaded ecoboost before one of these for that cash

mhunter 04-30-2012 7:24 AM

Your opinions? You have no opinion, you are a talking puppet for your favorite brand. Insults and negative comments? Where?

Matt
These quotes are from the last two posts and two of them are yours? No insults there . Name calling is the last efforts of a loosing argument. Instead of slandering me why dont you all tell me how YOU feel about the G23?

logan 04-30-2012 7:25 AM

This thread needs to die. Game changer, no way. A game changer is a boat with an awesome wake at a great price with a great warranty to boot. Behind the boat riding will die out if manufactures took this turn in production. I will love to see what the pros can do behind it but that's it. End thread.

mhunter 04-30-2012 7:27 AM

''Ill have a new z3/f24/ completely decked out a22 and a new loaded ecoboost before one of these for that cash ''

Well good for you make sure you post pics when you get them

9645glazier 04-30-2012 7:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748226)

Your opinions? You have no opinion, you are a talking puppet for your favorite brand. Insults and negative comments? Where?

Matt
These quotes are from the last two posts and two of them are yours? No insults there . Name calling is the last efforts of a loosing argument. Instead of slandering me why dont you all tell me how YOU feel about the G23?

I'm excited about the boat, hell my family may even own one one day, but do you see me spouting bull**** on the internet proclaiming my love for something that I haven't even ridden behind?

The way you act, I've got to wonder if you're some silly teenage kid, because no rational adult would make the arguments and claims that you have made.

mikeporter2000 04-30-2012 7:30 AM

If a boat is released and riders land tricks they have never landed before on that boat...it's a game changer. Price should not play into it.

9645glazier 04-30-2012 7:31 AM

I agree with the above statement, a game changer in action sports is something that facilitates progression in the sport. Price does not factor into facilitating progression because progression will be pushed by those who have the means and ability to do so.

It's like saying the pro snowboarders with the ability to take helis into the backcountry and throw triple corks into deep pow isin't a game changing scenario, because helis and backcountry locations aren't readily available to the rest of us, therefore it doesn't count.

sippi 04-30-2012 7:39 AM

i agree, its like shawn white shouldn't be able to compete in superpipe because he owns his own super pipe!

imondi 04-30-2012 7:42 AM

V-drive=game changer

Tower=game changer

Ballast systems=game changer

G23 = maybe the sickest production boat made, but not a game changer!

mikeporter2000 04-30-2012 7:45 AM

Agreed, progression is the key.

MattieK27 04-30-2012 7:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748226)

Matt

I meant insults and negative comments about the boat; stop posting ridiculously biased comments and nothing more will be directed at you. In my eyes, talking puppet and fanboy are factual descriptions.

Perhaps you should look at your own posts. Realize that if people are likening them to teenage rationale, at close to three times that age you might be in the wrong here.

chattwake 04-30-2012 8:00 AM

Hmmm, I don't know if I completely agree with the price is not a factor argument. One one level, I agree that innovation goes hand in hand with increased r&d costs. I agree that, putting cost aside, if a new boat is produced that really and truly produces a bigger and better wake, which allows riders to land tricks that they simply cannot land behind other boats, then that is great. If the G23 does that, then awesome. Color me impressed - no sarcasm here.

Ok, that being said, answer me this: If the only people that ever get to ride behind a g23 are pros, a finite amount of riders at select wakeboard camps, the very small% of people who can afford a G23, and riders at the few touranments that will be pulled by a G23, what real impact will the G23 have on our beloved sport? I guess I'm in the minority here, but whether Rusty, Shane, Harley, etc. lands a whirly7 or a whirly 10 in competition doesn't really matter all that much to me. Does it matter some? Sure, it's just one more thing I'll never do, nor will any of my friends ever do, behind a boat. To me, what would really help our sport would be for more companies to produce a budget friendliesh 21-22 ft wakeboat that actually produces a killer wake out of the box. That way, more every day joes would have exposure to a pro-level wake and would bring up the overall skill level of riders across the board.

Just some thoughts. Not saying I'm right. I'm just flabbergasted at how expensive everything's getting, and how we continue to justify it.

logan 04-30-2012 8:08 AM

^^ Agreed.

FunkyBunch 04-30-2012 8:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1748247)

Ok, that being said, answer me this: If the only people that ever get to ride behind a g23 are pros, a finite amount of riders at select wakeboard camps, the very small% of people who can afford a G23, and riders at the few touranments that will be pulled by a G23, what real impact will the G23 have on our beloved sport? I guess I'm in the minority here, but whether Rusty, Shane, Harley, etc. lands a whirly7 or a whirly 10 in competition doesn't really matter all that much to me. Does it matter some? Sure, it's just one more thing I'll never do, nor will any of my friends ever do, behind a boat. To me, what would really help our sport would be for more companies to produce a budget friendliesh 21-22 ft wakeboat that actually produces a killer wake out of the box. That way, more every day joes would have exposure to a pro-level wake and would bring up the overall skill level of riders across the board.

Chatt I agree with everything here about the G23. I do however think you will see some of the R&D that was used in this boat trickle down into the smaller boats and eventually into other lines of boats if it is successful. That is just the normal progression of products new technology is always expensive at first and becomes cheaper as time goes by.

simplej 04-30-2012 8:37 AM

We need more boats like axis.

i love the axis line, the only axe i have to grind there is that they're prices have gone up amazing amounts in the short time they've been around. the axis at 39.999 was a game changer, we need more boats that offer big performance at little cost.

this boat is a game changer because it allows the pros to progress not because it allows more joe shmoes to get into the sport or progress their own riding

hillbilly 04-30-2012 9:01 AM

I will probably never ride behind one. But you never know I also never thought I would own a Moomba.
The G23 is a big boat with a big wake and a big price tag it sounds like.
I bet it still needs more weight to dial the wake. But then again all boats do.

MHunter...........I just dont know what to think about you?

Spring has sprung........lets just ride and have fun!

mhunter 04-30-2012 10:33 AM

Matt quote
I meant insults and negative comments about the boat; stop posting ridiculously biased comments and nothing more will be directed at you. In my eyes, talking puppet and fanboy are factual descriptions.

So what are your negative comments ABOUT the boat other than the price? Its no secret that I am bias just like most of you maybe your time would be better spent telling me about your boat of choice? Your opinion of me is meaningless I dont even know you and will most likely never meet you .
If you dont like what I post then just stop reading them ?

mhunter 04-30-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly (Post 1748266)
I will probably never ride behind one. But you never know I also never thought I would own a Moomba.
The G23 is a big boat with a big wake and a big price tag it sounds like.
I bet it still needs more weight to dial the wake. But then again all boats do.

MHunter...........I just dont know what to think about you?

Spring has sprung........lets just ride and have fun!

Ill take that bet

Bill Yeargin: It has been interesting to see how people who were not involved in the development of the boat have viewed the wake since the G23 introduction. One respected industry wake boarder told me he would be afraid to have more than factory ballast in the boat. Another indication of the wake is how the G23 is being used in this weekend’s Nautique Wake Games. We are using factory ballast for all the competitors except Pro Men. Even the Pro Ladies will be competing with factory ballast. Finally, you have probably noted that the magazine reviews written so far on the boat mention how amazing the wake is with just factory ballast.

Don't think about me take your own advice and have fun with whatever boat you have.

MattieK27 04-30-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748293)
So what are your negative comments ABOUT the boat other than the price? Its no secret that I am bias just like most of you maybe your time would be better spent telling me about your boat of choice? Your opinion of me is meaningless I dont even know you and will most likely never meet you .
If you dont like what I post then just stop reading them ?

First off, start using the quote icon, easy to use and a great clarification tool.

Second, there aren't a whole lot of negative comments about the boat, that's what multiple people are trying to get you to realize. You are on this defense for no reason.

Finally, I find great amusement in the fact that you claim people's opinion of you is meaningless, yet you go to great lengths to "defend" your favorite boat brand against anything close to a negative statement made about it. Truly bizarre...

mhunter 04-30-2012 11:07 AM

chattwake Quote

Isn't that what the Axis ,Moomba , MB and others are for ? You are right the G23 wont be for everyone and most will never even get to ride in one . Isnt that the same for anything at the top of its game? I have never been in a Bugatti Veyron or F22 Raptor but that doesn't take away from the fact they are the best in their class to date. Maybe someday there will be a better wake boat that the G23 . When that day comes it will not be for the masses and wont be sold cheap.

MattieK27 04-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748309)

I have never been in a Bugatti Veyron or F22 Raptor but that doesn't take away from the fact they are the best in their class to date.

New Nautique wake boat and its place in the market being compared to a million dollar car and a fighter jet? Ah yes this thread is now complete. Can we please get an "ignore list" option on this forum?

mark197 04-30-2012 11:12 AM

THE NEW GAME CHANGER!
http://www.v-drivevideo.net/pictures...l_DSC07100.JPG

srock 04-30-2012 11:15 AM

The thread with all those hits gone? Hey Dave, who are you gonna fire!

chattwake 04-30-2012 11:15 AM

^^^^ Ok, I'm calling shopped. :D

mhunter 04-30-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1748308)
First off, start using the quote icon, easy to use and a great clarification tool.

Second, there aren't a whole lot of negative comments about the boat, that's what multiple people are trying to get you to realize. You are on this defense for no reason.

Finally, I find great amusement in the fact that you claim people's opinion of you is meaningless, yet you go to great lengths to "defend" your favorite boat brand against anything close to a negative statement made about it. Truly bizarre...

Is this better?
If there is no negative comments about the boat than what are we talking about?
If you want to state negative comments then all I ask is to base them in FACT. If you are going to state opinion than at least give some background on your experience or expertize on the subject .

mhunter 04-30-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1748311)
New Nautique wake boat and its place in the market being compared to a million dollar car and a fighter jet? Ah yes this thread is now complete. Can we please get an "ignore list" option on this forum?

Not compared to only the fact they are all at the top of their game .
Why dont you try to read the post before you answer it . That will correct these kind of misunderstandings?

MattieK27 04-30-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748320)
Is this better?

Yep, it is actually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748320)
If there is no negative comments about the boat than what are we talking about?
If you want to state negative comments then all I ask is to base them in FACT. If you are going to state opinion than at least give some background on your experience or expertize on the subject .

I believe I said "hardly any," I never said "no negative comments." Most of the negativity being displayed is directly related to your over the top defense and "atta boys" to Nautique. Again, there are forums for that, go clog up CorrectCraftFan and PlanetNautique. How about you base your claims in actual fact? Not "facts" given by the CEO of CC, not team riders who are paid by CC, and not from magazines who get a healthy ad budget from CC.

Oh the irony, I am a huge Nautique fan and actually like the G23...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748323)
Not compared to only the fact they are all at the top of their game .
Why dont you try to read the post before you answer it . That will correct these kind of misunderstandings?

Ah, a semantics debate now? I believe pointing out two examples of products at the "top of their game" and then relating it to the G23 being at the top of the towboat industry is indeed a comparison. I did read your post, how about you think before responding...

ixfe 04-30-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhunter (Post 1748297)
One respected industry wake boarder told me he would be afraid to have more than factory ballast in the boat.

Wait a sec... Let me get this straight.

mhunter can quote a no name pro rider, but nobody else can?

Just want to make sure I understand your rules, bro.