WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Corinthian Carpet UNPREFESSIONALISM (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797834)

DenverRider 04-27-2013 5:51 PM

Corinthian Carpet UNPREFESSIONALISM

I went to Corinthian Marine Carpeting to buy a replacement carpet for my Tige 21i. I plan to sell the boat so I found a 11x8 remnant in their clearance section for what I thought was a great price. They doubled that price with shipping but it was still a decent price and I added bunk carpeting to the order. Almost two weeks later and I still hadn't received the carpet. They finally contact me via email to inform me that the carpet is still sitting in their shop with a note on it that the length is actually only 8 feet instead of 11 feet and ask me if I still want the carpet but inform me that I have already received my bunk carpeting. 8 feet is obviously worthless and I haven't received my bunk carpeting. Now after two weeks of sitting idle waiting for my carpet I have to start all over again. :banghead:

chpthril 04-27-2013 6:05 PM

Is the carpet in your 21i the gray or tan? I use a gray marine carpet that is a dead nuts on match to the Tige gray. Its has just a tad more silver to it when held side by side. It can be had in 8ft widths at what ever length you want.

DenverRider 04-27-2013 6:40 PM

It's the gray but I've wasted enough of my time on this. I'm having upholstery done and I'm going to find out what my upholstery guy wants to add carpet to the job. I can probably use the time I would have spent installing to make more money than it costs to have someone else install it.

nitrousbird 04-27-2013 6:55 PM

It's really easy. Tell them to make it right or just dispute the charges with your credit card. No sense in spending any time dealing with this BS.

grant_west 04-28-2013 10:13 AM

Sounds like you had a bad experience. I have had nothing but good service from them. In fact I haven't seen another company around that will ship sample after sample for free. Customer service for me has been great i can always get someone on the phone no problem. It sounds like the train came off the track because you ordered something king of off the Menu that you slipped threw the cracks.

BTW they ship threw a freight company and I don't think they make money on shipping. Shipping is just a fact of life when your dealing with a freight company and your dealing with a large item like a roll of carpet.

And while we are on the subject of Carpet and Shenanigans. I orderd factory natique carpet from my dealer. He said it was 7 foot wide. I payed for it and went to install it and what do you know.
6 foot wide. We sent a email to Natique and they said they no longer have 6 foot wide carpet and that they have found it works fine.!!!!! LOL tell me how do you stretch 6 foot wide piece of carpet across a 6 foot 9 wide boat????

DenverRider 04-29-2013 3:03 PM

They certainly called me to offer to make it right. I'm sure they may have done their best to offer some good customer service after they messed up. The problem is that the one thing I needed was what they couldn't possibly give me. They couldn't give me last weekend back. I wanted to have the carpet in before I went to the upholsterer today. That didn't happen. My upholstery guy gave me a killer quote for install and material. The boat is at the shop and out of my hair for a couple of weeks. Now I just need to find the v-drive that I want to replace it with.

Pad1Tai 04-29-2013 3:27 PM

I'm confused... If you went there and picked it out of the remnant rack, why didn't you just pay for it and take it?

DenverRider 04-29-2013 3:57 PM

When I say that I went there, I mean I went to their website. I don't live anywhere near their physical structure.

MrPeepers 04-30-2013 8:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverRider (Post 1819112)
I went to Corinthian Marine Carpeting to buy a replacement carpet for my Tige 21i. I plan to sell the boat so I found a 11x8 remnant in their clearance section for what I thought was a great price. They doubled that price with shipping but it was still a decent price and I added bunk carpeting to the order. Almost two weeks later and I still hadn't received the carpet. They finally contact me via email to inform me that the carpet is still sitting in their shop with a note on it that the length is actually only 8 feet instead of 11 feet and ask me if I still want the carpet but inform me that I have already received my bunk carpeting. 8 feet is obviously worthless and I haven't received my bunk carpeting. Now after two weeks of sitting idle waiting for my carpet I have to start all over again. :banghead:

You tried to get a deal and it didn't work out. That's how it goes. I'm not sure this warrants calling out a business as "UNPREFESSIONAL". A mistake was made and they attempted to correct it. That is the opposite of unprofessional.

And seriously, you are surprised that shipping an 11ft piece of carpeting is expensive?