WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Shred Stixx 2010 Custom Elevation Part2! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783281)

duffymahoney 09-02-2010 11:17 AM

Shred Stixx 2010 Custom Elevation Part2!

5 Attachment(s)
So got my new board. The old one my buddy dropped and messed the rail up on. This board couldn't be more different then my last board. The overall shape is the same but the technology is a step forward. The whole pad is elevated and the tail is crazy thick. It's also has a hot coat or a gloss coat on it. It's a little heavier then my last board as well. My first impressions is the board gets crazy air but isn't as loose as my last board. I will take more pictures tonight.

timmyb 09-02-2010 12:25 PM

That's trippy design but looks cool as hell!

wakeboardingdad 09-02-2010 12:32 PM

Nice board. Can I get an ice cold beer with one - to go! :)

Pretty cool they molded the kicker into it.

duffymahoney 09-02-2010 12:47 PM

So far the only draw back is the extra epoxy to make it shiny. It's a little heavier then I am used to.

packrat 09-04-2010 11:04 AM

Custom Elevation

I love that board. Bring it to Seattle so we can try it out.... Don't wait too long though as ice will start forming on Lake Sammamish soon ha ha..

wakemitch 09-04-2010 12:20 PM

What is the ramp on the back for? the traction kick pad is in front of it so it doesnt look like its a kick.

lionel 09-04-2010 3:19 PM

Duffy, What kind of boat do you have and where do you have it serviced?

hawaj 09-04-2010 9:01 PM

Stepdeck with kicktail - but Mitch you are right that kicktaili is useles when you have another in front of it. :D
Hey SredStixx thats funny. :)

ragboy 09-04-2010 10:32 PM

Wow, that tail is interesting. What is the purpose for that? It is supposed to a kick plate, or what is its intent?

duffymahoney 09-05-2010 10:48 PM

Lionel,
I have an Centurion Avalanche, I do 90% of my own service.

It's meant to add drive. Its the fastest board I have ever surfed. I had to break so much to stop from running into my boat.

ilikebeaverandboats 09-05-2010 11:03 PM

Dude remember i tried to tell you mine looked different!?!?!?!

Get on dyeing those fins ;)
sad to say my surfing will be put on hold for a while, other than a few weekend sessions.

Pull that slayshtank logo out, and super glue it back down. Mine came off and lost it the first time i rode the board.

duffymahoney 09-06-2010 10:09 AM

I'm don't want to dye my fins. Sorry:) I might sand some of the extra epoxy off the bottom and get it a little lighter. Haven't decided yet.

ilikebeaverandboats 09-06-2010 1:08 PM

I remember when I got mine, and looking at the pictures of yours...i was like, **** I didnt get the same board haha. your the only other one Ive seen with the board like mine so far.

You liken it tho?? I almost had a 180 shuvit down before I had to move up to school. hoping to land it when I get home in a few weeks, you know Ill be in the water once dry suit season starts...I HAVE TO LAND IT. I have like 25 trys on video of almost landing it!