WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   LF Chase Sixer (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797894)

biggator 05-01-2013 7:14 PM

LF Chase Sixer

Anyone tried this board yet? They just got some in at my local shop and they look NICE.. not sure if the 4'8" or 5' would be right (190lbs..ish).

Squid 05-02-2013 5:45 AM

ya, the 4.10 would be fine for you.. The board setup has endless options...twinzer, twin or quad. Seems that most really like the versatility. Its stable and loves to be pumped. Its thick and a little heavier then chase's own boards but thats because its a production model and LF wants to offer a tougher board that will last in the family environment.

All and all Im getting good reviews on the line.

biggator 05-02-2013 7:05 AM

Thanks, Squid.. good to hear. Anything other than wake brands are hard to come by around here.. good to see that they're getting serious about making some nice surfboards. I'm a big fan of LF anyway, as my whole family rides it for wakeboarding.

Jmarc 07-04-2013 9:01 AM

Chase sixxer

I bought the sixxer and I do not like the board. I have rode a ton of different surfs and own 4. For some reason this board has no drive . My leg is so burned out after riding due to leaning so far forward. My wake is perfect so it's not that(2013 tige rz4). Everyone that I have ride the board say the same thing. But when I ask the rep he said that it doesn't sound right??? Is it possible to have a defective board? Has anyone had this problem with this board? Would love to hear what others think of it?

tnvolgrad 07-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmarc (Post 1831748)
I bought the sixxer and I do not like the board. I have rode a ton of different surfs and own 4. For some reason this board has no drive . My leg is so burned out after riding due to leaning so far forward. My wake is perfect so it's not that(2013 tige rz4). Everyone that I have ride the board say the same thing. But when I ask the rep he said that it doesn't sound right??? Is it possible to have a defective board? Has anyone had this problem with this board? Would love to hear what others think of it?

Same issue - rep had me try different fins, but still no drive. I love the way it feels, but as you mentioned it has no drive. My daughter who is all of 105 lbs absolutely loves the board which makes me feel a little better about the purchase.

biggator 07-05-2013 10:42 AM

Sounds like I'm glad I didn't spring for one. I was about to pull the trigger, and a Calibrated Piscus showed up on my local CL (in matching colors to my boat, no less!).. so far, pretty happy with that board. Want to try some different fins on it, though.

Jmarc 07-05-2013 4:44 PM

Thanks for the info on the sixxer. Thats very dissapointing that Liquid Force would do that. I will just stick to inland surfer from here on out. I love their boards!

4Nash 07-10-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmarc (Post 1831748)

When I demoed this board from my local shop your thoughts were the same as mine. Felt really slow and I had to stay so far forward the entire time. I usually ride a xxx skim style and have since picked up a LF custom quad 4'8" and it's better than the sixer IMO. Was pretty bummed after riding and not liking the sixer... I really wanted it before I rode it.

BTW I am 210 and ride behind a 2011 Moomba LSV and my wave is pretty dialed in.

timmyb 07-11-2013 7:45 AM

Watch videos of Chase and he is always pumping the board. The Shred Stix model of his that I rode required me to be pumping the whole time, no straight line speed.

timmyb 07-11-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 1832959)
With Chase no longer riding for us, I set the board up differently.

:cool::D