WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 28, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182262)
-   -   Premiere Riders I NEED OPINION (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180616)

rtm 07-22-2004 12:29 PM

Hi guys, <BR> <BR>Got a new premiere on Monday . . . road once last night and no sure if it is the board for me???!!! <BR> <BR>I've been riding the old Premiere since 2001 (the now renamed ERA) and really thought that the new board being a bit bigger would be more forgiving on my landing and it is . . . but man with the deeper moulded in fins it just rides so much different. <BR> <BR>Anyone make a similar change and adapt easily or should I just go back and get the ERA!!! <BR> <BR>My other delema is that unfortunately if I ride it to much . . . they won't tlet me exchange it!!! <BR> <BR>I want opinions . . . <BR> <BR>

rtm 07-22-2004 12:49 PM

Since noone is willing to answer I will add to my question . . . does anyone know of a board that rides similiar to the ERA or Old Premiere that is just slightly bigger or is known for softer landings . . . my choices when I picked up the new premiere were the ERA 140 or 135 or the Premiere 136 . . . went with the Premiere for the landings . . . the 140 Era just seems a lot bigger . . . I only weight about 140lbs . . .but my knees feel like I weight about 300lbs <BR> <BR>PS - 2001 Premiere finaly cracked right through (lot's of hours on that babby though!!!!)

r_dub 07-22-2004 12:57 PM

The 03/04 Gator Gonzalez 138. Basically the same shape as the 03 Premier. I rode the 03 Premier a few times last year and loved it. I just picked up the 04 Gonz for this season and love it even more.

r_dub 07-22-2004 12:59 PM

The 05 will be coming out soon, and they will offer a 142 if you want to go that big. But no one has ridden it yet, except for Ricky, so Im not sure if it's still very similar to the Premier

rtm 07-22-2004 1:02 PM

Thanks Ryan, <BR> <BR>Did you happen to recall if the landings were any softer on the R. Gonzalez vs. the Premiere (the '03 premiere that is)?? <BR> <BR>I like the softer landings on the new model . . . unsure if I like the way it tracks . . . I ride finless as well

rtm 07-22-2004 1:05 PM

You beat me to the punch . . . my goal is not to go much bigger than the 135 . . . I'll try and demo a Gonzalez if you think the landings will be more forgiving on my knees . . . <BR>

jarrod 07-22-2004 1:10 PM

I went from the Premier/Era to a Platinum Absolute. The base is similar, but the Absolute is lighter, lands much softer, and is a little faster for me. I'd say it's a tad looser also. My point: The transition from the Premier to the Absolute worked well for me.

toolfan 07-22-2004 1:18 PM

the 05 Ricky G will be available in a 142 if that helps. Sorry you are stuck with a board you dont like. <BR>J-Rod is dead on with his perception of the 2 boards. I heard that the 04 Premier is a mix between the 03 Premier and the 03 Byerly. <BR> <BR>email me if you want to try an Absolute.

r_dub 07-22-2004 1:21 PM

Honestly, the landings were pretty much the same. But I definitely think the Gonz tracks better and has more pop. And I ride it finless as well. <BR>Plus the guys at Gator and really really cool. <BR>A while ago there was some guy on this site promising boards to people, and after they paid he whent MIA. The guy from Gator posted on here for them to call him, thats how I got his number. The guy I bought mine from didnt go MIA, but he said it was on back order and would take a few weeks. So I decided to call him, just to see what was going on and when I could expect it. Anyway to make a long story short, he totally hooked me up, sent my board out with a bunch of stickers and posters. And he totally hooked up those guys who got ripped off, which he didnt have to do at all. Right there, tells you that you are dealing with a very cool rider owned company who cares about their product, reputation and customers!

toolfan 07-22-2004 1:25 PM

Ya, Gator is an awesome company and they TOTALLY support their riders/fans. <BR> <BR>the guys name was Mario, but he went buy "Maverick" I think.

rtm 07-22-2004 1:32 PM

Thanks for all the info . . . <BR> <BR>J-Rod . . . that was my biggest dissapointment with the new Premiere . . . I loved how loose the old one felt . . . I wasn't sure if I was just being to picky . . . a board that road like the old premiere 135 with softer landings would be my dream board <BR>

flashalexb 07-22-2004 1:37 PM

0ne of my friends has the older premier (now era) and another one of my friends has the newer one. I personally like the older one better but the newer one is a great board too. Its just a centimeter longer.

jarrod 07-22-2004 1:38 PM

Try an Absolute 134 if you can. They even come with two sets of fins so you can tune it to your style.

gobiggrom54 07-22-2004 2:54 PM

I takes around 2 to 4 rides to get used to it and it's an awesome board.

rtm 07-22-2004 3:55 PM

Max, <BR> <BR>You rip!!!! Great sequence shot in your profile!!! <BR> <BR>As we get older and more ANAL we become less and less subceptable to change . . . I rode the ERA/PREMIERE for 30% of your time on this earth and still don't have an invert that looks as good as yours!!! Where I'm going is that this is a more about the Knees and age . . . as stated before a Premiere/Era style board with softer landings would be my dream . . . the new Premiere might be fine after many sessions and watertime but they don't want me to ride it again if I want to exchange it. I'm sure for some it's great, but I am suggesting it rides a lot different from the ERA/Premiere . . . nowhere near as loose for a finless rider. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your opinion and keep representn' MAX!!! <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR>Thanks all for your thoughts!! <BR>Todd <BR>

stephan 07-22-2004 5:33 PM

Absolute!! It's the super charged Premier. Plus it has a center spine for the softest landing ever!! Did I mention I'm sellng one?

hymaeringo 07-23-2004 7:06 AM

I happen to like very much the rocker line and shape of the 135 Jobe dvnt. Not a big name company but Tino rips it up on that board. He did a 900 that was insanely huge first it was an ole5 followed by a handle pass three. when he came out and stopped spinning he was like 5-6 feet up and came down soo smooth. I heard the dvnt is very similar to the premier. I am seriously considering the dvnt and have always ridden hyperlite

mango 07-23-2004 7:12 AM

I agree with J-Rod, You should demo the absolute im sure you will like it. Or you can wait till the Rick G comes out in 2005.

rtm 07-23-2004 9:12 AM

Thanks all for your thoughts . . . I will try to find a local dealer where I can demo an absolute. To bad the boat and board shop were I got the new Premiere only deals in Hyperlite. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>

stephan 07-23-2004 9:15 AM

Only hyperlite is a common dissapointment....