WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through June 02, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=457903)
-   -   double boat double up (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456563)

premierwake136 06-01-2007 11:58 AM

what if you had another boat drive directly in front of the tow boat so the wake connect at a 90 degree angle withc will make a sick double up <BR>good idea or bad <BR>has anyone done it <BR>tell me if i explaned it wrong or something

ronnyboy27 06-01-2007 12:09 PM

I think I get it but you need to work on complete sentences. It is an interesting idea. I have enough trouble with a normal double up. The boats would have to be within 10' of each other.

jarrod 06-01-2007 12:19 PM

Hmmm..I think the double up would be much bigger. The roller get smaller the further it travels right?

stephan 06-01-2007 12:21 PM

It called a gift Double Up. It works just like a regular on except the wake might be smaller or larger than normal. The guys at the Wakeboard Camp throw a double up for each other each time thy pass going head on, its pretty cool. <BR> <BR>Now if you are talking about getting two boats next to each other &amp; riding the spine, that is all together different. It is also a ton of fun!!

greg_smith 06-01-2007 12:22 PM

yeah i think your thinking of a triple up.. which do get you higher for sure. probably safer to make one with one boat though.

guido 06-01-2007 12:22 PM

Funny.... We were thinking of this a while back. If you had a lead boat they could drive the dubs back and forth while the other boat drives straight. It'd trash whatever water you were riding on, but it'd be cool to be able to go back and forth and hit dubs. <BR> <BR>You better make sure you get the timing right, though. Running the two boats into eachother wouldn't go over too well.

brhanley 06-01-2007 12:31 PM

If you watch Hit It, you'll see the riding boat and trail boat doing that way back in the day (I believe the section that was filmed from shore or paraglider). I've also seen/done several where you're on a busy lake, your driver T's you off to an approaching boat wake, and you get a freebie dub if you hit it right...

ogopogo 06-01-2007 12:36 PM

You need to look out for a big Gin Palace cruising and throw a dub off that monster wake, HUGE rollers!

06-01-2007 1:20 PM

This happened to me last year. As we were driving past the boat launch another boat crossed our path and was driving slow so the rollers were huge and i decided to give it a shot and it ended up being just like a normal d-up just way more convenient than having to drive one.<font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"></font>

chadilac 06-01-2007 1:48 PM

that sounds sortu fun

premierwake136 06-01-2007 2:43 PM

i think they did that for when danny harf landed his 1080 because wen you look at the video the mobius drives by right after.

mnwakerider 06-01-2007 3:23 PM

I believe that the Mobius had Ben Greenwood riding in it and then came right over once they saw Danny do the 10...

westsidarider 06-01-2007 3:36 PM

just do a tripple up. your not goin to get any bigger than that. a tripple up is just a double up but you put a kink in the boat path so when you come back through it the rollers come together more and the ramp can be over head high if done right. you think a double up boots you try a tripple. the most insane feeling in wakeboarding youll ever get.

premierwake136 06-01-2007 3:51 PM

yeah jb i think that was filmed at the wakeboard camp so it would have had ben greenwood and kyle schimt in it sry if i spelled kyles name wrong

liquidmx 06-01-2007 4:58 PM

I agree Jason, I have only driven a few, but is soo fun to watch the triple upped roller go by the side of the boat over the windshield in height, BLAM!!! <BR> <BR>Then again, how many people can really hit a triple up good though?

jetpilotz 06-01-2007 6:48 PM

running that triple up just makes your boat feel like its gonna crack in half when it hits the other wake. Triple ups work better imo if you whip the rider into it.