WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Two boards gone! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803121)

tmb80 08-23-2014 8:25 PM

Two boards gone!

I'm sick to my stomach. Went out go go surfing today and realized both of my boards were taken out if my boat. Yeah I probably shouldn't have left them in the just but I live on the lake, boat is on a lift with canopy, and there haven't been any issues with theft. They got my IS black pearl and IS blue lake. I loved the black pearl for skin style and I had been using the blue lake for newbies as well as taking kids out surfing in the board with me. I had my 3 yr old on the board for the first time last weekend. So pissed!

wakebrdr94 08-23-2014 10:37 PM

F thieves. Hopefully not common where you live (the boards) and you can spot them

nailem 08-24-2014 5:39 AM

What lake are you on? When we vacation we leave the boards in the racks. We have never had a problem but I often think about it.
Back home I keep my boat in the water with all my board stowed away. It is a big marina with lots of fishing boats. I figure if I was going to steel something it would be the thousands of dollars in fishing poles hanging or even a trolling motor. Hell you could float in and steel the whole boat.
What is you deductible on your insurance.

Pad1Tai 08-24-2014 6:26 AM

suxs........

torch318 08-24-2014 6:32 AM

I'm always worried about that if we stop at a bar and leave the boards in the racks at the dock. I ended up buying a bike cable lock and loop it thru the bindings on the wakeboards and around the tower. Either way it still sucks when people snag you stuff!

tmb80 08-24-2014 6:49 AM

I live on crooked lake in Angola Indiana. The boards were on the floor of the boat so nobody should have noticed them. Won't make that mistake again. Deductible is $500 so it's not worth turning in as in sure the premium will increase and cost more in the long run.

I planning looking for used boards over the next few months.

packrat 08-24-2014 4:36 PM

Stolen Boards

Not sure if you have access to them, but most Inland Surfer Boards have serial numbers on them.

Be sure to check Craigslist you wouldn't believe how stupid some of these criminals are.

rplogue7 08-24-2014 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packrat (Post 1890073)
Not sure if you have access to them, but most Inland Surfer Boards have serial numbers on them.

Be sure to check Craigslist you wouldn't believe how stupid some of these criminals are.

yeah, check craigslist! there's actually a good chance that they're there

Pad1Tai 08-25-2014 6:29 AM

use "search tempest".. it searches all craigslist in the country... Hope you find it..

there's a black pearl on ebay from Lowell, Indiana,

rockballer 08-25-2014 6:45 AM

X2 on the search. Post up some pictures and let the internet help you search as well :)

tmb80 08-25-2014 7:23 AM

UPDATE!

Great news! My neighbor found the black pearl and blue lake in bushes next to his house. They broke a fin and dinged the edge of the blue lake but at least I have them. Unfortunately I realized they also got my back up board Phase 5 Drew. I forgot that I had taken it out for a friend to use.

at least I have 2/3

markj 08-25-2014 8:08 AM

So they had their own demo day and kept the one they preferred? Pretty messed up to beat up the others though.

denverd1 08-25-2014 12:04 PM

thats crazy. at least you got 2 back.

Grew up in a gated lake community. But there's always a few bad apples that f it up for everyone else.

phathom 08-26-2014 9:58 AM

What was the third? I thought it was just the Blue Lake and the Black Pearl that went missing and it looks like you got them both recovered.

luke22885 08-26-2014 11:25 AM

Have a similiar story with a buddys wakeboard a few years back on Koontz Lake in walkerton, IN. Had a really bad storm blow through that pulled my buddys board off the pier and into the lake. By the time he realized it he went out looking all over and couldnt find it. Put posters up at marina and public launch with a picture and got nothing. The next weekend his brother and I were just getting off my boat (my house is about 10 down from his) and there was a guy fishing right by the pier. We asked him if he caught anything talked to him for a second and saw the board and boots taken apart and on his floor. My buddy asks him where he found it, says its his brothers and describes it to the guy saying every sticker that was on it and everything. The guy then proceeds to ask how much money we have to buy it back from him. He acted like he only had $5 so the fisherman took the $5 and gave the board and boots back. Probably would have got himself a little more money as a reward if he didnt ask how much money we had.

phathom 08-26-2014 11:36 AM

^Guys like this make me mad. It's obviously not theirs and belongs to the person looking for it and describing it to the T. Cough it up, you know it's not yours.
A lot of the time if you're nice about it, a lot of people will willingly pay you a finders fee for finding it, but you shouldn't try to extort money out of people to get their own property back.

tmb80 08-26-2014 5:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phathom (Post 1890281)
What was the third? I thought it was just the Blue Lake and the Black Pearl that went missing and it looks like you got them both recovered.

I thought that I only had 2 boards in my boat. It wasn't until Sunday when I went to get my old board I kept as back up (phase 5 Drew Danielo) that I realized I had that in a storage net under the canopy. I took it out for a newbie a few weeks ago so they didn't hurt my black pearl.

WakeDirt 08-26-2014 5:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmb80 (Post 1890346)
I thought that I only had 2 boards in my boat. It wasn't until Sunday when I went to get my old board I kept as back up (phase 5 Drew Danielo) that I realized I had that in a storage net under the canopy. I took it out for a newbie a few weeks ago so they didn't hurt my black pearl.

Not to go too far off topic, cargo net? Integrated or an aftermarket add? Sounds like a cool idea

tmb80 08-27-2014 7:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeDirt (Post 1890350)
Not to go too far off topic, cargo net? Integrated or an aftermarket add? Sounds like a cool idea

Yes it's aftermarket. I think I ordered through Bart's. It's very convenient to clear stuff out if the boat and not throw On the dock