WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 19, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329035)
-   -   X-80 feedback wanted (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326377)

walt 05-14-2006 5:23 PM

Anyone have any first hand experience with the X-80 as far as Wake, Fit ,finish and over all likes and dislikes ? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Walt

anodyne 05-14-2006 6:18 PM

I've been inside this boat numerous times (unfortunately never on the water), and have been very impressed with fit-and-finish. It feels intimate but extremely spacious for a 28-footer... very well-balanced interior. You should be impressed when you take a look. <BR> <BR>AND, the ski-locker could easily hold every wakeboard ever made.

acurtis_ttu 05-14-2006 6:31 PM

a buddy of mine had one for the weekend, I didn't like the wake (personal preference) but only took one set behind it in a ccove that had a few other boats in it. Fit and finish is typical of every other masercraft. . you'll definately get alot of looks/fingerpointing driving it. it didn't have PP on it,he told me it had to do with the dual motors and PP would work well on it. handle the chop great for a wake boat, very quick out of the hole with twin engines. buddy ended up getting the x-45

mjmurphy53711 05-14-2006 8:44 PM

walt, do you want one for a leisurecraft and wakeboard boat? <BR> <BR>Personally, I would prefer two boats for two different purposes, but thats me....and Ill never have enough money to have to make that decision. <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.midwestwakeboarder.com" target="_blank">www.midwestwakeboarder.com</a>

walt 05-14-2006 9:02 PM

Mike, <BR> <BR>It's not for Me.

attila916 05-14-2006 9:08 PM

If your frind can do without the pooper I would go with the x45 or 247... but the x80 is a helluva write off!

jeff359 05-15-2006 7:48 AM

"... but the x80 is a helluva write off! " <BR> <BR>I thought you needed you needed a head, galley, and sleeping quarters to write it off. I never looked inside a X80, figured it didn't have everything.

jaubrey 05-15-2006 8:47 AM

nope just yacht certified and a bathroom.

big_ed_x2 05-15-2006 8:53 AM

only a pooper is needed to write it off. <BR> <BR> <BR>I thought it was a great boat when I demoed it with a few friends.Only complaint was that you needed to move just a little faster to clean the wake up but everybody rides fast these days.Really a "buck you"type of wake. <BR>The great feature was the option of wakesurfin but only works with a twin engine.Run a single engine and one side is good,turn that engine off and start the other one and you got a good wakesurfin wake on the other side.I would only get this boat for the ocean tho.

erik_c 05-15-2006 12:17 PM

It needs a galley to be a write off.

acurtis_ttu 05-15-2006 12:37 PM

what defines a "galley"? It does have a small sink area near the stern behind the driver.

big_xstar 05-15-2006 2:32 PM

He Ed I remember that day. What a blast it was riding behind that boat. I agree with Ed on the wake characteristics. The twin screw option is nice for wakesurfing. But thats alot to pay for just that benefit. Saltwater series would be the way to go and yea for sure in the ocean we go. <BR>BTW>> the X-80 can be written off.. its Yacht Certified.

okwakebdr 05-15-2006 3:10 PM

You can't write off the boat...only the interest paid on the loan...and there are a bunch of other rules also.

morgs 05-16-2006 3:05 AM

Hey Walt, <BR> <BR>I was lucky to ride on a mate’s X-80 about a dozen times 2 summers ago. I am happy to share a few comments around the boat - <BR> <BR>Fit and finish - its fantastic, really well put together, clean, functional, very good quality (as you expect from a new boat these days). Head is nice for the ladies… <BR> <BR>Wake - He has the single engine version (im not sure which) – the wake is sick, like an X-Star but much fatter. The only issue we found was the Port wake was washed out a little. We played around with speed and weight but we could never really clean it up. The Starboard wake is massive and sharp; heelside (regular rider) jumps were a dream. We actually found riding with out the rear tanks made the wake a bit cleaner. <BR> <BR>Hope these comments help a little. <BR>

walt 05-16-2006 4:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone.