WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Can you surf behind a waverunner? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803037)

joeshmoe 08-13-2014 7:44 PM

Can you surf behind a waverunner?
 
Yes, yes you can!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOH...ature=youtu.be
Used jet ski $3000
cheap wakeboard rope $40
surfboard $450

Houstonshark 08-13-2014 8:01 PM

IDK, that wave looks like a Mastercraft with Gen1 Surf Tabs to me.

WakeWise 08-13-2014 8:09 PM

Haters gotta hate.

rockballer 08-13-2014 8:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonshark (Post 1888814)
idk, that wave looks like a mastercraft with gen1 surf tabs to me.

lol

bspot5 08-13-2014 10:22 PM

kinda looked gen 2 to me, got some length there!

tyler97217 08-13-2014 10:41 PM

I have a feeling this will really catch on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In talks now with Scarab and Ski Doo and Yamaha to promote the surf editions... I have an NDA signed and patents pending, so step off

phathom 08-14-2014 12:04 AM

I was honestly expecting to see like a 10' ocean board there. Kind of impressed he was able to ride it as long as he did with that tiny wake. Anyone ID the board he's riding? It has to track fast as hell.

joeshmoe 08-14-2014 4:04 AM

Diggs, it would only catch on if the jet ski had perfect pass, the jet ski was fluctuating between 9 and 10 mph, even though the rpm's were held at 5000, this was very annoying being on such a small wake and why I couldn't stay in the pocket. Its a yellow loogy inland surfer, I have an 8ft longboard, but the front tip would be hitting the jet ski.

iShredSAN 08-14-2014 7:26 AM

So much push!

petrie141 08-14-2014 7:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phathom (Post 1888832)
I was honestly expecting to see like a 10' ocean board there. Kind of impressed he was able to ride it as long as he did with that tiny wake. Anyone ID the board he's riding? It has to track fast as hell.

I was expecting a longboard as well. That was impressive! Gimme a pull!

LYNRDSKYNRD 08-14-2014 7:48 AM

Haha much respect for getting that done!

Redheadd 08-14-2014 3:14 PM

Lmao!! That looks super fun!

markj 08-15-2014 11:59 PM

Hilarious and entertaining.

LKASurfing 08-16-2014 6:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYa0...ature=youtu.be




Just because this is related. We went out to show you can get a decent wake behind our 14ft Boston Whaler Jet Boat! I have seen smaller wakes on Inboards. Plus it look pretty dam good!!! lol

It was a fun experiment that worked!

joeshmoe 08-17-2014 10:28 AM

Matt, yes that wave looks very good for a 14ft jet boat! It looks like you can hold the speed pretty steady too? I'm thinking cost to be around 5k? How much ballast did you use?

LKASurfing 08-18-2014 8:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshmoe (Post 1889208)
Matt, yes that wave looks very good for a 14ft jet boat! It looks like you can hold the speed pretty steady too? I'm thinking cost to be around 5k? How much ballast did you use?

Jo,
This was a 90hp model, so it was maxed out speed wise, the 115 hp would probably do a lot better. I had 150lb brick in the rear that was not all the way full and a 400lb back on that side toward the front that was not quite full either.
You can find these boats for a few thousand. We have a new Enzo, but this is the kids fishing/tubing boat and wanted to see if we could doit! They rope surf behind it all the time with no weight and love it!

timmyb 08-18-2014 10:34 AM

On a Yellow Loogey (gen 2), no less! Nice work!

The main issue is that you will want more wave out of it because you can't do much with the wave it is putting out now.

joeshmoe 08-19-2014 11:55 AM

"We have a new Enzo, but this is the kids fishing/tubing boat and wanted to see if we could doit!"
Yah, that's why we were out there riding behind the waverunner, we have a 2005 Vlx and I think my son had more fun "trying" to ride behind the jet ski!

IndySkier 09-02-2014 8:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshmoe (Post 1888841)
Diggs, it would only catch on if the jet ski had perfect pass, the jet ski was fluctuating between 9 and 10 mph, even though the rpm's were held at 5000, this was very annoying being on such a small wake and why I couldn't stay in the pocket. Its a yellow loogy inland surfer, I have an 8ft longboard, but the front tip would be hitting the jet ski.

Problem solved. My friend has a SeaDoo Wake 215 with GPS cruise. The process is different than PP. It works like setting a max speed then there is no surging. Worked pretty well for pulling everything from kneeboards to slalom (dragged it all over though). Haven't surfed it but did try running cruise at 10mph. Of course you could find a DD with PP and sack it out for about the same price as a new SeaDoo. I'd prefer a DD.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.