WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Sanger bimini (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776599)

helman 02-24-2010 8:46 AM

I have a 2005 Sanger V215 with a Proflight tower. It came from the factory with a bimini that was attached to the tower. Unfortunately, when I bought the boat, the former owner took it with him/her. Anyone know who manufactured this top? I've looked at numerous bimini options out there, but since my tower is already drilled a simple replacement seems to be the way to go. <BR> <BR>TIA!

spencerwm 02-24-2010 9:58 AM

It could have been made by Pro-Flight. They did have a Bimini option in or around 2005. <BR> <BR>Give John at Tower Biminis a call. They might have done it as well. They are in NorCal and I know a lot of dealers used them. <BR> <BR>Tower Biminis <BR>16040 Caputo Drive <BR>Morgan Hill, CA. 95037 <BR>Phone 408-779-6770

lifetimewarranty 02-24-2010 10:27 AM

John's going to be plenty busy, I am planning on having him do my Sanger Bimini soon also... <BR> <BR>Paul, John probably has the exact template and can make you a bimini for yours easy. <BR> <BR>That being said, has anybody any constructive insight on going to an over-tower vs under-tower bimini? Ease of folding for me is an issue, as well as the bimini being stored in the front (since the HLCD's are on the back hoop) <BR> <BR>Also - does anybody that has the over-style have any complaints regarding too much sun getting through?

razzman 02-24-2010 10:32 AM

Paul, As others have said the Tower Biminis top is the best, but it also starts at $760 and goes up from there. So if that's too rich for ya i know who makes the replacement. My buddy has a '05 V215 and the bimini is also the factory proflight. His boat came with the bimini and it was made by Bimini Isle in Tracy, CA. Don't know if their still in biz or not though. <BR> <BR>Bimini Isle <BR>392 West Larch Road, Tracy, CA 95304-1641 <BR>(209) 832-0793

camassanger 02-24-2010 12:08 PM

i need one for my 06 v215 with proflight chubby. installation brackets in place too... great info here. Looks like I need to contact John too. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by CamasSanger on February 24, 2010)

helman 02-24-2010 12:45 PM

Thanks all! <BR> <BR>For certain, Tower Biminis seem to be one of the highest quality product out there. Since my tower was already drilled, I wanted to investigate that option also. Anyone have an issue with rotating board racks hitting the bimini supports? Looking at most options, it seems that the top sits at the exact height my racks are at. Most complaints with the OEM top has been its low height. I'm wondering if they did this to get around clearence issues. <BR> <BR>Thanks again! <BR> <BR>Paul

rallyart 02-24-2010 9:04 PM

Lower height gives better shade. It's just a choice.

blastmaster 02-25-2010 8:15 PM

Bimini Aisle was the OEM mfg for Sanger and Pro FLight back then and I also believe they are gone. They did sit pretty low and were kind of small. I had local shop make mine and it rocks. Try Ben on here from Acme Tops &amp; Tunes in Sacramento. They rock but won't be cheap. <BR>Rick