WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Bay Area Stereo Shops (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780560)

peterc4 06-13-2010 10:39 PM

Bay Area Stereo Shops

I'd like some recommendations for stereo install on my boat. I'm located in the Bay Area. Would like to do the basics, sub, tower speakers, amp, second battery, etc. Thanks.

Silverbullet555 06-13-2010 10:44 PM

Might narrow down "bay area" as it is an awful big bay.

peterc4 06-13-2010 10:53 PM

And I cover most of it. :D
Pretty much anything in a 50 mile radius of San Jose would be fine. Go out to Disco Bay pretty regularly as well.

wikd281 06-13-2010 11:03 PM

Whats up Peter? When did you sell the family boat you had and picked up a wakeboard boat? nice boat! Join us at the bump event this weekend up at lake Tulloch! I highly recommend Chucktronics in Lodi for your stereo work. Just got my boat back from them and they do incredible work! You still have the vette?
Harold.

cavlxenvy 06-13-2010 11:16 PM

Liquid Trends in San Jose is the way to go.

peterc4 06-13-2010 11:21 PM

Been a long time Harold. We've had the boat for a few years now. We're leaving for Cabo this weekend otherwise we'd come up. I'll check out Chucktronics. Sold the corvette a while ago. Have a 87 GN but that sits most of the time too. Just cruise the family car most of the time.

Thanks Ryan, I've heard of those guys and couldn't remember the name

wikd281 06-13-2010 11:35 PM

Sold the vette eh? I hear you bro. I sold my cobra a while back as well. On to different things I guess.
Cabo? Sounds like a great time!
What components are you thinking about for the stereo?
You know, boat stereos are like horsepower in your car, once you get a taste of a little bit, your going to want more!
:D:D

ktm525 06-14-2010 6:37 AM

I had a complete system installed at Chucktronics. They are the best hands down.Call Ryan he will take care of you for sure.

westsiderippa 06-14-2010 5:31 PM

give johnny neves, at liquid trends a call. he is on the forums here, if you would like i can pm you his number. he does great work and will stand behind his installs.

ceres1312 06-14-2010 7:44 PM

Look no further than Jim and Bill at Topside marine. If you dont trust me go there for yourself and ask all the questions to satisfy your specific wants. I guarantee you will not find a shop that truly listens to what you want and can afford and put it all into a quality install. He installs and carries everything under the sun as far as stereo systems. As for custom he did my install and made it a one of a kind install. He even goes out of his way to insure the system will last by using only stainless steele screws on everything to avoid rust. If I can find pics of my stereo install I will post them again. Best of all he is in the bay area and more specific located in San Jose. Call him and tell him Nathan sent you. 408-271-2628

breakz77 06-14-2010 7:45 PM

+ another for Johnny at Liquid Trends!

h2ohangtime 06-14-2010 9:09 PM

+1 for Topside...Bill and Jim know their stuff.

peterc4 06-14-2010 10:58 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll check them out in a few weeks when I get back in town.

Nathan, if you find pics post up. Would love to see them.

Harold, nothing too crazy. You know I like to keep things subtle. Would like maybe a couple of amps, subs, tower and interior speakers. As is right now, it's all stock.

ceres1312 06-15-2010 4:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here you go. These photos show how he ordered matching fabric from Sanger and matched the custom tower setup. I realize the option he designed is not for everyone, but it shows he went outside of the box to design something unique. We told him to design something which allow us to still maintain the integrity of the bimini top so we were not bumping our heads on tower speakers. People have also said the quality of the 6x9's cannot be that loud, but when you hear it for yourself it really rocks. We will be eventually taking it back to him next year and having some tower speakers put on which face backwards and are out of the way.