WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   Help Please (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77179)

08-03-2003 8:11 AM

Okay I can't do a w2w jump! It's bugging the hell out of me, can you guys (and girls) tell me what you do to get a w2w jump. Also I am having problems with my bunny hop. I can do it fine switch (getting my fin out of the water and all) but I can't do it riding regular....What I do is I push down on the back of my bored but it dosen't give me much air.

08-03-2003 10:51 PM

What kind of boat you rumming behind? is your wake big enough? you want to take a nice cut out and load the rope progressivly back into it.By the time you hit the wake you want to have reached maximum speed, keep cutting up and through the wake, stand tall,push your shoulders forward and keep the handle close. Keep doin this and you will do it every time. <BR>Good luck

sdboardr99 08-03-2003 11:06 PM

For the w2w jump, you need to use a progressive edge and hold it all the way through. Most people cut hard and then let off at the wake, which prevents you from getting any pop. Start the cut slowly and then keep cutting all the way through the wake. Make sure you stand tall at the wake so you don't absorb the wake with your legs. <BR> <BR>You can also try shortening your rope and/or increasing your boat speed a little. <BR> <BR>

drewsmug 08-05-2003 5:53 PM

handle control is extremely important too <BR>if you ever get to inverts and stuff you'll know why <BR>as you leave the wake hold the handle close to your lead hip <BR>that will help you alot <BR>also make sure you are holding the handle with both hands ontop <BR>no baseball grips alloud

08-05-2003 5:58 PM

k thanks, i'll try that out

lizrd 08-07-2003 3:35 AM

Thought I might chime in as well as I was completely frustrated on this same topic until July. I went ahead and changed my rope length. The guys in my boat all ride at 70 feet - for me the wake was simply too wide to get across. At 70' I kept landing on the upside of the second wake, I would rattle my teeth and loose more confidence at the bone jarring landing every time. Then, I shortened the rope to 55' and learned how to get across. I had tons more confidence because as I approached I could see that the wake there is maybe 5 feet across. As I developed confidence we gradually let my rope back out with a week or so at 60' and now I am confident at 65' and going w2w nearly every time. Try it!

08-07-2003 7:33 AM

Thanks, I think I might try that, sounds good.

08-07-2003 4:24 PM

What kinda boat do you have? I cant get wake to wake on mine either and I have a semi v. <BR> <BR>Scott

deepstructure 08-08-2003 5:37 PM

excellent advice lizrd. i think people don't realize they can shorten up to make things easier to learn. i do that all the time.

08-09-2003 8:49 AM

Yeah I am going to try Lizrd advice. I am going out tomorrow. Plus I got new bindings and I am more comfortable with them and can do alot more stuff with them. I used to have the 2003 CWB Mobe bindings and I hated them.