WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   MB folks, need some bimin help (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792582)

tx_foilhead 04-04-2012 7:28 AM

MB folks, need some bimin help

I'm redoing the fabric on my bimini top to add some stripes and a fix a few other issues. I really like the turn up on the front on the newer MB biminis. I need some pic s up close and underneath of that is done. I think I can create that look by moving some stuff on my frame around, but I'm not sure Closest dealer is 5hrs so looking at one in person anytime soon is out. If anyone can snap a few shots I would appreciate it.

SkySki 04-04-2012 8:28 AM

I have to run to the store right now. Do you need the Bimini on the boat? I have mine in the garage. I could take whatever pictures you need. Can you give me a better idea of what you want to see?

tx_foilhead 04-04-2012 9:37 AM

No, I should have mentioned that yours is compley different. Its that little turn up in the front, I think there is a support in there, but I'm not sure. Mine is similar in shape but I have the supports more in the middle. If it just a matter of moving one up to get that the I will give it a try.

SkySki 04-04-2012 10:59 AM

I still have my original unmodified bimini. It's only a month old. Is that not what your looking for? I didn't figure you were looking for pictures of the new one.

jeff_mn 04-04-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkySki (Post 1742139)
I didn't figure you were looking for pictures of the new one.

I don't think anyone will be looking for those man. :D

SkySki 04-04-2012 11:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Too bad. Here they are anyway...:D

tx_foilhead 04-04-2012 11:56 AM

Yeah if you have the original one and you can tell why it does that without having to put it on. You really did take a hit on biminis if you had to buy 2, I figured you passed on the original.

My thoughts are there is a small hoop in there that runs about 6in behind the front. That one does the pulling and the front edge isn't as tight which causes the turn.

SkySki 04-04-2012 12:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
No extra hoop. I think it is just the way they sew the front section -

tx_foilhead 04-04-2012 12:43 PM

Cool, I'll probably pass on giving that a try then, but I can let my upholstery guy have a look and see what he thinks. Right now it snaps tithe rear of the tower and goes about a foot down each rear leg so its similar to the MB bimini. The front edge is just a simple hoop on the front which brings it down low kind of like what Mastercraft is doing with their new towers. I put a spreader in the middle to stiffen it up to reduce flapping and added some bars to hold the front down. All the connection points are hidden from the outside. It gives me shade like a low ski boat bimini and allows the foil racks to open, but it isn't foldable. That wasn't a problem at the time because the boat rarely left my neighborhood by the lake. These days we tow to a lake down the road on the weekends so I need to either take the fabric off like a Sanger or make it fold up. The wife gave the go ahead to do new cloth to add stripes so I'm going to try to adjust the shape a little while I'm at it.

Midnightv10 04-04-2012 9:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkySki (Post 1742147)
Too bad. Here they are anyway...:D

Sky ski, I for one really like the looks of your new Bimini...or at least part of it...I'm not real keen on that forward "vestibule" but I can understand the functionallity you are after.

The main section though looks great! Love the color match.

wakereviews 04-05-2012 6:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnightv10 (Post 1742274)
Sky ski, I for one really like the looks of your new Bimini...or at least part of it...I'm not real keen on that forward "vestibule" but I can understand the functionallity you are after.

The main section though looks great! Love the color match.

What he said. It looks great in the pic above.