WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Spring2Summer presented by WakeFactory.net (Alabama Contest) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780166)

Luker 06-02-2010 9:10 AM

Spring2Summer presented by WakeFactory.net (Alabama Contest)

1 Attachment(s)
Before I throw out the "Company line" here, I just wanna say personally that this contest is a RAD time and a lot of good local riders come out to shred. The scene is sick up there with lots of dudes and chicks in the 18-30 age bracket who are really into the sport (and the party scene :)). Sick event... so much fun the last two years so if your within driving distance you should definitely make it out. Feel free to hit me up with any questions but here is the skinny:

WAKEFACTORY'S 3rd ANNUAL SPRING 2 SUMMER WAKEBOARD TOURNAMENT

JUNE 4, BRAKE THE WAKE RAIL JAM @ HOLIDAY INN/NETWORKS 7PM-UNTIL

JUNE 5, SPRING 2 SUMMER @ SPRING CREEK BOAT RAMP 9AM-UNTIL

JUNE 6, S2S @ SPRING CREEK BOAT RAMP 9AM-UNTIL

HOLIDAY INN IS THE HOST HOTEL: This is where all the action will be happening Friday night starting at 7pm. Networks will have drinks and food. Make sure you make it there for the night time rail action and the pre party for Spring 2 Summer!! Book your rooms now at 256-582-2220, Spring 2 Summer is the key word for discounted room prices.

Here is the layout:

June 4, around 7pm, We will be kicking off the weekend with some of the best rail riders in the southeast. Networks will have plenty of refreshments for the warm evening air as riders show off their jib skills being pulled by a winch. We will have a table set up to register for the Spring 2 Summer Wakeboard Tournament. The rail action will be ending around 11pm but the party continues. BRING YOUR SWIM SUIT OR BOARDSHORTS. WORD HAS IT, A BELLY FLOP CONTEST.

June 5-6 @ Spring Creek Boat Ramp, the site for the tournament. Same place as last year. Registration starts at 9am inside the BIG tent. $40. The riding will start at 10am Saturday and Sunday with the following classes:

JUNE 5
10 & UNDER GIRLS
10 & UNDER BOYS
11-15 GIRLS
11-15 BEGINNER BOYS
11-15 ADVANCED BOYS
OPEN WOMEN
BEGINNER MEN
INTERMEDIATE MEN
MASTERS 35+

JUNE 6
INTERMEDIATE WAKESKATE
ADVANCED WAKEBOARD
ADVANCED WAKESKATE
OUTLAW
OPEN/PRO

Open Class:
1st: $1,000
2nd: $300

Advanced Wakeskate:
1st: $200

Women Open:
1st: $200

Tons of other prizes and free swag to hand out.

FORMAT:

Intermediate class - open/pro will have a 5 minute run to throw down the best tricks and their bag. The clock continues to count on falls.

Intermediate: 1 invert & 1 spin. You can repeat the same invert or spin but repeat tricks do not count. There will be a wild card trick at the end of the run. Meaning you can try any invert or spin that you have been working on.

Advanced: unlimited inverts & unlimited spins. Inverts can not have a spin more than a 180 or a handle pass with more than a 180. Spins can not be more than a 540.
Masters 35+: Must be 35 years of age or older.

Outlaw: open

Open/Pro: open

Judging will be focused on these things: composition, execution, and intensity.

Composition - How well the run is put together. How your run and tricks flow.

Execution - Where and how long the grab is. The invert is true.

Intensity - How big you go. Difficulty of the trick.

Bring your boat or come hang out with the riders on shore. Either way, it is going to be a great event that you don't want to miss. Tell everyone you know!!! This event has grown more and more each year. This will be the largest of all. Make sure you don't miss any of it.

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

WakeFactory

Luker 06-02-2010 12:31 PM

*you're

Ugg... I hate that :)

wakemania 06-02-2010 8:19 PM

I was so looking forward to that this year. Had three rooms at the HI, but had to cancel due to my son fracturing his ankle. Maybe next year.