WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Leaking fat sac (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796201)

phillywakeboarder 11-15-2012 7:57 PM

Leaking fat sac

Anyone ever fix a leaking sac? I have a fly high with a bad leak between the black threaded insert and the sac. It's not a coupling issue - the threads are fine - but rather a leak between the black threaded insert and the bag itself. It's pretty old - about 6 years - but I'd figure I'd see if anyone has ever fixed one with this problem before replacing it. Thanks!!

mnwakerider 11-16-2012 6:08 AM

You can send them back to FlyHigh in Milwaukee. Not 100% sure what Mike Sieple (owner) charges, but they do it pretty regularly. Call and ask for Mike (before 4:30 CST) 414-964-3668.

phillywakeboarder 11-16-2012 8:28 PM

Thanks so much for the info! I'll give him a ring next week.

wakedoc 11-19-2012 5:33 PM

I have the same problem - the black insert has separated from the sac. Talked to Mike about it, and he said they are heat sealed, so can't be repaired. He suggested that I could try 3M marine sealant if I wanted to give it go before replacing it, but couldn't find the product he recommended. Tried a Sika marine sealant, and it lasted for a couple of weeks before separating again. Will try again and give it another go before giving up:o

Have a talk to Mike (he is very helpful) and see if he has any different suggestion for you

wakebordr11 11-19-2012 5:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedoc (Post 1795195)
I have the same problem - the black insert has separated from the sac. Talked to Mike about it, and he said they are heat sealed, so can't be repaired. He suggested that I could try 3M marine sealant if I wanted to give it go before replacing it, but couldn't find the product he recommended. Tried a Sika marine sealant, and it lasted for a couple of weeks before separating again. Will try again and give it another go before giving up:o

Have a talk to Mike (he is very helpful) and see if he has any different suggestion for you

Try that marine sealant and then add a patch to hold the two pieces together a bit from either side?

jonblarc7 11-20-2012 7:02 AM

I would try a pool patch kit,

If it where me I would take the patch and cut a hole in the center and slide it over the fitting and put the glue all around the fitting and the new patch.

I have a hole in my 1100 sac thats been patch for 3 years now with no problems.

wakebordr11 11-20-2012 7:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonblarc7 (Post 1795260)
I would try a pool patch kit,

If it where me I would take the patch and cut a hole in the center and slide it over the fitting and put the glue all around the fitting and the new patch.

I have a hole in my 1100 sac thats been patch for 3 years now with no problems.

I patch entire seems on one of my old coverless sacs... its given me 10 years of use, seam blew after year 4 or 5... I got vinyl cement/pool patch glue whatever it is... and then I got old pool liner samples for my patches... yes, 79$ sac over 10 years and too cheap to buy a new one :o