WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   360s again, sorry (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181932)

07-29-2004 8:52 AM

last weekend i worked up the guts to try a 360... i did what ive been readig here. progressive edge, get height, and wait till the peak of your jump to spin. look at the horizon. <BR> <BR>anyways, i did all of that, and everything was fine until i grabbed the handle... i ended up facing away from the boat when i landed, so i got 3/4 of the way around. the fall kinda hurt so im scared to try them again. but i want to learn them. so what advice can you guys give me to complete the trick. what do i have to concentrate on after i grab the handle. just keeping the handle in to my hips? is there anything else i should be worrying about?

ladyboarder 07-29-2004 1:48 PM

Hi Jesse, it took me forever to learn a 360, simply because I didn't think when I was doing the trick. Here are the steps: <BR>1. Start your edge hard enough to jump wake to wake. <BR>2. When you get at the base of the wake, let off your edge. This will loosen the rope and put you more on axis for the trick. <BR>3. Wait until you pop off the wake to start the trick. <BR>4. Initiate the rotation by pulling the handle to your back hip with both hands. <BR>5. Keep your chin up and reach around for the handle. <BR>6. When you grab the handle, spin your head around to look for the boat. <BR>7. Try to get your trailing hand back on the handle, this will square your shoulders up and help finish the rotation. <BR>Really think about looking for the boat when you get the handle. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly, just not making that last 90. Turning your head should help. <BR>Later <BR>Tiff

07-29-2004 1:51 PM

thanks, so i should let up at the wake? i thought the more tension, the easier it is to spin

ladyboarder 07-29-2004 2:50 PM

You should let up some at the wake. What it does is put some slack in the line so the handle pass is easier. You don't want to let up a lot, just don't keep edging harder, like you would for a backroll or something. If you keep edging up the wake you will go off axis. If you are getting the handle pass I wouldn't change the edge. Just think about looking for the boat when you grab the handle. <BR>Later <BR>Tiff

07-29-2004 3:20 PM

take off like a 180 and then grab for the handle. i wouldn't say let up at the wake just straighten up and extend your legs, keep your head up looking at the treeline to stay on axis and started your spin before you take off will also throw you off axis.

07-29-2004 3:43 PM

okay thanks. im not really good at 180s, but i havent put a lot of effort into them yet. my main problem with 180s is switch riding. i cant jump switch, and landing switch is also hard. however i do still land them half the time. i figured that since i tried it and got 3/4 the way around, i'd try to stomp the 360 <BR> <BR>maybe not, but i think doing spins like crazy on a knewwboard is also good practice. it mainly helps you get used to handle passing (which is why i think i had no problem). its also a lot more fun than practicing on land haha <BR> <BR>anyways, ill be out this weekend. thanks guys.

07-30-2004 11:04 AM

Great advice Tiff, I have been trying these also without success and I think I have a better idea what to do now. I usually get the rotation but have big dificulties with staying on axis and completing the handle pass. I think your pointer of not using a Raley style cut will help to fix this problem.

07-30-2004 4:21 PM

alright guys, ill be out on the water tomorrow. talk to you next week. later. thanks tiff for the advice

ladyboarder 07-30-2004 6:38 PM

Jake, glad I could help some, you'll get it. <BR>Edward, by letting up I mean basically stand up some, pretty much what you are saying. It will put you more on axis. <BR>Jesse, let us know how the ride goes. You'll land it soon if you are already getting the handle.

08-03-2004 3:32 PM

ahh... im afraid to try them now. my first one this weekend... got half way around, landed facing away from the boat, and head first. my knee smashed into my mouth. i thought i bashed my teeth in lol. everything is okay though. im glad i got my braces off before summer or id be picking my lip off of my braces. <BR> <BR>this past weekend ive been just trying to stomp my backrolls. im so close. anyways thanks for the help so far, im going to have to work up some guts to try them again.

08-03-2004 4:26 PM

Ouch I was doing a 360 this weekend and it went horribly wrong...Lets just say I hurt my neck and back.